Humanity’s Wish
86 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What is your wish?

That kind of concept is impossible to think for me, at this current moment.

If someone thinks about how absurd it was—I meant, everyone does have their own wish, right?—and then as you asked someone, ‘what is your wish?’ and they can’t answer…

It’s just…

Something very troubling.

Or they just don’t want anything for real. Their life is perfect already.

But you know. For someone who doesn’t have a wish is actually impossible. At least that’s what I read in this book.

Humans are fated to be a greedy creature that has no limits. 

If you think about it, the mother earth itself has been formed for millennia to be able to sustain life in which we can see it with our own eyes.

And yet, as humans came to this world, Earth has been deteriorating in a short time. When you think about how long it needed for the Earth to able to provide a life for any organism, it’s a contrast comparison.

Such greediness, such ugliness. Human is known for having no bound about their need, their wish.

So, if someone said to you ‘I don’t have any wish,’ would you believe their words?

Perhaps, they’re lying.

Or perhaps, they’re ceasing being a human.

Then, what will they’re turning into?

No one knows. There are many possibilities.

One of those possibilities is, they’re turning into a walking corpse.

Or worse, they’ll become a monster.

Something alive that can’t be considered human, which be able to explode anytime.

If that thing is allowed to roam around on the Earth’s crust, creating damage and devastation as they unaware of what they did, slowly coating this very planet with their population—

Wouldn’t that can be considered as a calamity?

Therefore, the human being was a mistake.

A creature named human who seemingly alive but actually a walking destroyer, are not supposed to live in this beautiful place called Earth.

Hence, we can call ourselves as a disease. A virus that must be eradicated.

Because a human being is greedy.

Because a human being is impossible to have no wish.

“So if humans supposed to be a creature with infinite wishes, then what am I?”

“What do you mean?”

“You know, I just don’t know anything I want besides my basic needs.”

“Hmn,”

He rolled his eyes, not believing her words at all. It seems like she knows what he’s thinking, so she pouts.

“I’m serious. I don’t know anything I want. But this book said that it’s impossible for a human to have no wish at all!”

“Yeah. What the book said is also my statement. Thanks to humanity’s wishes so they can advance as a civilization. No other creature alive able to compare with what we’ve achieved.”

“Are you sure, though?” The girl doesn’t seem sure. Perhaps, there’s another creature apart from any organisms from the Earth which they don’t know about. Just perhaps.

He snickers, “I’m one hundred percent certain. Except, if you allowed aliens or any celestial beings to compete with us regarding this matter.”

“We don’t acknowledge those kinds of beings until this date. We totally have zero data about them. It goes without saying that that kind of thing is non-existent.”

“Yeah, yeah. Right. Now, getting back to the issue. What is your wish?” He scratched his head as his green eyes looking at her.

He raised his hands to give her something. A small ring, which has its peculiar motives. Pretty sophisticated. One can say that it’s the highest product of humanity’s technology.

“We’re the only one left on this planet. Almost done with our mission, right? Then just hurry up and make a wish already.”

Looking at the said ring, the woman didn’t really speak nor take the ring.

She recalled what they’ve been doing all this time. 

All of sudden, they traveled through time, went to the past because they’re assigned with an absurd mission. Both of them are going to provide people from the past with very sophisticated technology from the future-a wish-making machine.

A single ring which able to grant any wishes of this creature called human.

“Until all of them got their wish granted and made this Earth back to its primal state,” she murmured.

“Correct. Who’ve been thought that when all of humanity’s greed was being fulfilled, it would reshape the world completely.”

As far as their eyes can see, the Earth is now just a single barren land.

There’s no sea, no clouds, no sign of water can be found. There’s no difference between Earth and Mars now.

Perhaps, there’s no solar system thanks for the wish maker ring. Only a single, lonely broken planet floating around on this vast space. Without its massive star for its center nor satellites, which orbiting on their respective’s planet.

“There’s no past nor the future. We can’t go home now since someone wished to erase all of the possibilities of a human’s future. All were disappeared, the essence of humanity itself,” he sighed, noticed his mistakes, but there’s no use for being guilty now.

She can’t think anymore. Let bygone bygones as she resolved herself to make a wish. Finally, she knows what she wants.

It’s alright. I’ve been doing the right thing until now. I made no mistake. I must proceed.

The girl put the ring on his left thumb. Looking at it with a slow breath as wondering if she should grant her own wish.

“How about your wish?” she asked the man.

“After you.”

She nods as she begins to activating the ring to make the miracles. The aura around her is definitely changed. This phenomenon happened countless times in front of the guy, so he’s getting used to it.

So, she states her very wish.

“I wish for the disappearance of humanity’s will to wish upon something.”

The ring’s light envelopes most of their sight, as it’s going to grant her wish shortly.

Suddenly, he comes into a realization.

The human’s very essence is the ability to wish itself. To negate the cause of both human’s prosperity and demise is not a deed that even God wants to do.

This peculiar girl will about to bring something worse than what has appeared in front of them. It’s way more terrible than an Earth turned into a dead planet.

“Hey, hey. You’ve gotta be kidding, right?”

He finally regained his sense after these years of journey of granting people’s wishes.

“Are you going to open a second Pandora Box right in our place?” His teeth were stuttering. He knows precisely what horror going to meet both of them.

She looking on his gaze to meet his feeling of terror.

Finally, the girl realized something. That she made a grave mistake.

 

1