Memory Wiper
35 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There’s a weird surgery for the human brain to wipe out certain memories stored inside.

Apparently, medical technology was advanced enough until they’re able to manipulate one’s memory. Yet, it’s not that sophisticated to write a new memory inside the brain. Also, the limitation is super silly.

 

I heard you can only delete one aspect of your past—this is the limitation. For example, someone wants to erase their traumatic past of having an accident when they began learning to drive a vehicle. By wiping out their bad memories, the patient should willingly learn how to drive again.

 

There’s another use of this surgery as well. Those who were heartbroken in the past would be able to move on and starting a new chapter of their life if they erased their bad romance experience. Or those who felt excessive guilt thanks to their mistakes, even if they’ve forgiven, would be able to value themselves again.

I heard a lot of good reviews about it, so I drive my car at a steady pace to have the said surgery.

Every document needed is being approved. Also, my insurance would cover up half of the medical cost. This will be great for me.

And of course, that means I have something terrible in the past that I would like to erase as well.

 

“Welcome to the hospital, Mister Gilbert. We’ve been waiting for you.”

“Excellent. I assume that I’m not late for the scheduled surgery?”

“Pretty much everything is on schedule, Sir. You need to wait in the next fifteen minutes as we’re preparing for now.”

“Great!”

 

In short, I sat near the receptionist’s desk as she makes a phone call to tell the surgery team that their patient had arrived.

I found the fancy television channel while I was waiting in my green hard chair. There was breaking new about some criminal wrongdoings being featured this afternoon.

 

“There’s a huge uproar up until this month. The number of the victim from the previous serial killer has increased again. It seems like the said criminal intends to challenge the police force as they always leaving their victims without their hands in the crime of the scene.

The head director of the city Police would like to give his words regarding the case.”

 

Then there’s an annoying guy who tried to review the situation and explaining their plan to solve this case quickly.

I wonder why the said criminal able to do that to their victims?

What if the said criminal tries to take this brain surgery and somehow able to stop their wrongdoing? Perhaps, to erase their trauma which made them into a criminal and somehow they repent for their sin? Would society able to forgive them?

 

 “Mister Gilbert. You’re ready to go. Please come this way.”

“Acknowledged.”

“But, please put your jacket first to the silver tray near the surgery room. You also need to wear surgery clothes for the procedure.”

I nod as I give her a light smile while I’m doing what she’s suggested.

And then, something fell from the pocket of my jacket on the floor. Quickly stained its bright white color with dark red.

There are a few seconds of silence between her and me.

 

“M-mister? Is that a piece of a human hand?”

“Well, what else? Do you need your glasses to confirm it by your own eyes?”

I can’t forget her expression this afternoon.

 

0