Road to Divinity…or not?
335 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Life is like a fabric woven by numerous interconnections of threads to make it complete - a tapestry holding every moment, our miseries, our joys and experiences. 

Every action has a reaction, right? That's Newtonian Physics for you. 

And every push has a corresponding pull. This scientific notation was just the surface meaning of life. 

If we dig deeper, we see the metaphysical aspects behind the notion of action-reaction interplay - the causal laws or better, cause and effect. 

For every action we do, no matter if it is little or insignificant, it will always lead to a consequence. That's why we always have the infamous warning "Don't do things you would regret and suffer the consequences later on." 

Our actions and regrets always come to bite our asses hard when we are least expecting it. Just like karma. 

The humans were given free will by their creator, God. Some believed in Him, some didn't and some didn't just care. 

They have advanced technologically and have experienced numerous industrial revolutions ever since the reconnaissance. 

You see, one of the consequences of growth and development - despite its many advantages - was pollution. 

Irresponsible deposition of chemical wastes into water bodies, and mismanagement of nuclear wastes - These were among many causes of pollution with each human being involved in one way or the other. 

With how things were going, fate finally decided that enough was enough and sent a tribulation towards humanity - a consequence in the form of Kaijus, the extraterrestrial devastators. 

The conditions had been just right but the humans had fought back even when they were on the brink of despair. 

Fight! Fight! Fight, they did. 

Finally, the humans did manage to protect their home dimension by nullifying the spatial tunnel that linked them to the dimension of their enemies. 

With an unknown variable in the form of an unidentified Gigantic Wolf locked away in that barren dimension, humanity could finally experience a moment of peace. 

They braved the tribulation and consequences of their actions even though it was indirect. 

As little as their actions might have been, there will always be a consequence no matter what. It was an irrevocable rule of the universe that couldn't be unwritten. 

The evolving wolf, the man from another reality turned monster, had been unaware but some forces and power couldn't just be stopped by conventional means. 

Deviants couldn't be contained by physics as they negated the said principles quite effortlessly. 

He was Ralph. He was Soobin. He was many as he had consumed innumerable prey. 

He was a living entity that defied the nomological truths of the universe, bestowed upon him the unseen stigmata of an unknown Beyonder - a Primordial Outer God. 

He lived his life and hated his fellow humans with a set of stereotypical prejudices so the form of a 'beautiful' monster suited him oh-so-well. 

From the simple urge of a mindless massacre of the ants known as humans, Ralph had evolved mentally to acknowledge his superiority and reasonability. 

There was no needless rage. There was no animosity. It was a simple apathy. But… within that coldness inside of him, a cloud of warmth had been formed. Coexisting and counteracting each other even though his apathy outclassed his goodness. 

The humans he had no qualms destroying for the sake of his goals were now his to save. 

Was it maybe...pity? An act of self-righteousness? Prideful heroism? Or was it just something… he did on an impulse? 

Ralph had taken it upon himself to clean up after the consequences of his own actions. 

He had refused a toast from the Overseer and shouldered the responsibility to neutralize his own karma. 

Humanity had been taken by surprise once again. This time round their enemies were merciless and attacked with impossible numbers. 

They were legitimate conquerors who ate, consumed and destroyed. 

True despair they were, those Tao Tei variants. These incantations of gluttony killed roughly 1 million inhabitants of Sydney within a few minutes. 

They had even managed to spread to Australian neighbors - New Zealand and Papua New Guinea. And it was only after Ralph - unaware of this fact - had imitated their sound frequencies and rounded them up, had he used his ultimate move to kill most of them. 

And the final show of power, the deciding move to save the pitiful humans, had irreversible consequences. 

Consequences that he couldn't have foreseen. No one could unless they could see through the future and read the intricate threads of destiny. 

Ralph had become so powerful but he couldn't gauge the extent of his power. 

In the simple act of benevolence, Ralph had inadvertently affected the magnetic fields of the entire world followed by the reverse of its rotation. 

It was the worst fate. That not-so-simple act was going to spell the mass extinction of humanity. 

The true apocalypse. The recent invasion of the Kaijus and Tao Tei variants was just a mere husk of it. It was almost biblical. 

Extremely strong winds and category VI hurricanes raged the lands and the seas. Tidal surges and tsunamis overwhelmed coastal regions eventually causing floods akin to Noah's era yet there wasn't an ark to save the submerged. Lands sunk, gobbled up by the malevolent waters. 

Volcanoes erupted and burned like hell, submerging the nearby settlements and lands in hot lava. 

The earth split almost breaking apart due to the sudden shifts in tectonic plates. 

Night turned to day affecting the normal time. 

It was simply beyond divine punishment and with it, half of the human population was taken into the gentle embrace of Mistress Death - erased by inevitability. 

Despite the world-ending catastrophe, Mother Earth hung on even when she was teetering toward cessation. Her tenacity was evident as she hadn't relented to collapse. Her will to survive, almost inextinguishable. 

Her children were dying and she wept through the means of a raging rain. 

The survivors prayed to whatever deities, demons and Buddha they believed in - lamenting over their misfortune and praying for deliverance and forgiveness. 

It was during times of crisis that religion would spread. 

By a stroke of luck and uncontrollable precognition, the High Priestess had managed to survive but the same couldn't be said for most members in other parts of the world. 

Believing it to be a test of her faith - a test to determine her worthiness from His Eminence, the Saviour of Prophecy. 

The High Priestess took it upon herself to spread the faith of her god, no, the True God of the universe to the entire world. 

In the face of an apocalypse, human minds were easy to influence and what she was best at was manipulation. 

The Saviour of Prophecy hadn't fallen from grace or lost his 'omnipotence', he was merely testing the hearts of his believers and their response to his 'disappearance'. 

She, Dr. Katelyn Snow, knew not the thoughts of her Messiah, but she could exercise His will to the ignoramuses. 

Meanwhile, deep within the abyss of the ocean floor, Ralph lay unconscious, unaware of the dark fate of humanity or his budding religion. 

Would this lead to the birth of divinity or was Ralph already divine? 

***

Enjoy!

For 10+ advanced chapters and extra support (Patreon.com/OneArmedImmortal)

14