Chapter 2: Lift Off
480 11 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[5 BBY]

Ah, how time flies.

Before I knew it I was celebrating my sixteenth birthday for the second time.

Putting one year away from the Age of Responsibility. Meaning that as soon as my seventeenth birthday roles around I will be considered a legal adult, responsible for all my actions.

Though given my circumstances I have always been responsible for most my actions.

It's just that when I turn seventeen I will be legally recognized in those endeavors by the entire galaxy. Specifically in the Core Worlds than anywhere else.

Which will be wonderful.

Considering I was reborn on one of those said Core Worlds. 

It's Chandrila.

The same home planet as the legendary Mon Mothma.

Who presently is still representing Chandrila in the Imperial Senate as its senator, and has not gone into exile due to being one of the founding members of the Rebel Alliance.

Which actually isn't even a formal organization yet.

That won't take place for another 3 years until 2 BBY.

But as to how exactly it will happen I am not sure.

What I mean by that is I don't know if the Rebellion will be formed following the Canon timeline events or the Legend timeline events. Since even after all these years I still have yet to determine if I am in canon, legends, or a mixture of both.

I've run various holonet searches on key figures and historical events to give me some idea. But all of them haven't really pointed me in either direction.

There are also searches I want to run that would give me a clear picture of if I'm in legends or canon, but I don't dare do so for fear of death.

Since running a search on Starkiller, Thrawn, or the Maw Installation will end up getting me killed by a member of Imperial Intelligence faster than I can blink.

It's not paranoia if they are actually out to get you.

The empire is a massive propaganda and censoring machine. 

When I looked up the Jedi during a holonet search one time the results I got all pretty much described the exact same thing.

That the Jedi were a cult of fanatics who wanted to take control of the former Republic, and Sidious was the hero who discovered their plot and vanquished them before they could complete it.

Of course all of that is a steam pile of Bantha Dung.

But most people in the galaxy don't know this. So that take the information at face value since there are no contradictions.

It's disgusting and terrifying.

Which is why when I reform the Empire all of that shit is getting flushed down a drain. The same with the xenophobic and human-centric dogma of the imperial military.

Ever since I was reborn in this world I have not seen a single alien species on Chandrila. No Wookie, no Mon Cala, not even near-human species like the Zeltron. Just pure humans.

Which again is pure Bantha Dung.

The various alien species that inhabit the Star Warrs universe is one of the aspects that makes it great.

Yet during this era most if not all alien species are being oppressed or have been turned into slaves.

Just thinking about it makes my blood boil.

It also strengthens my resolve to go through with my ideals and plans in regards to the Empire.

Yes, I am still going through with that.

Despite all I have learned about the Empire and seen with my own eyes over the years my decision on molding it has no dulled or swayed in the slightest.

Call me crazy if you want I do not care.

For this is the path I have chosen to walk and I have made peace with it.

Come hell or highwater.

***

Standing at one of the numerous spacesports that dotted Chandrila capital city, Hanna City, I waited.

A small duffle bag slung over my right shoulder.

Since today for the first time since being reborn in the world of Star Wars I am heading off planet.

My destination, Coruscant.

Specifically the Royal Imperial Academy.

Where I have been accepted as a cadet into their training program.

The first step on my journey to rising through the Imperial ranks and eventually gaining enough power and authority within it to mold it how I see fit.

Which will become exceptionally easier once the Battle of Endor occurs.

I just have to do my job, rise through the ranks, and make sure I don't end up suffering an "accident". Since Sidious has turned his empire into Game of Thrones in space on steroids.

The high-ranking Imperial officials wouldn't bat an eye at selling each other out or assassinating each other. A culture that Sidious has bred and that the current Imperial military continues to propagate.

I suspect Sidious initiated this culture within the military forces of the empire so that none could band together and challenge is rule, attempting to take the empire for themselves if they so chose. That, or Sidious simply did so because he's a sadistic manipulative old fuck who gets his jollies watching people tear each other part.

If I never meet him I'll be thankful.

Seriously, I hope I never encounter that devil wearing the body of an old man.

The same for Darth Vader.

I don't want to get force choked to death after all.

Speaking of I am pretty certain I am not force-sensitive.

Now there is no surefire way to tell of course, but I just have this feeling I am not.

Which is fine by me.

Although the Jedi were one of my favorite parts of the Star Wars universe I can't really say I want to be a member of their ranks.

Another reason I hope I am not force-sensitive is because I don't want to end up in the Inquisitor program of the Empire.

I rather like my name, and would rather not be referred to as Eight Brother or something along those line.

Oh and speaking of my name its different than in my previous life. You'll also never guess what it is.

Diluc.

Diluc Ragnvindr to be specific.

Yeah, I am not messing with you.

I have the same name as the character from the popular Genshin Impact game in my previous life. But more than that I look exactly like Diluc Ragnvindr from the Genshin Impact game as well.

So not only is my name Diluc, but I look exactly like Diluc as well.

The being or force that sent me hear must have a really strange sense of humor to do something like this.

But so long as they didn't make me an ugly bastard I take no issues with my current appearance and name.

Another thing I should note is that I was born an orphan in this second life of mine.

Until just recently I was raised in an orphanage with several other kids.

But it wasn't a horrible place.

It was actually quite nice.

I appreciate them for raising me. But I don't ever think I'll return there. Since I didn't really make a connection with the other kids nor the employee's who looked after us.

More so for their sakes than my own.

Since if things go according to the various plans I have created over these plus ten years I will become a very influential and very targeted individual in the future. Anyone who associates with me or has even a small connection with me will be put in danger. So that's why I kept my distance from everyone at the orphanage.

Though to make things clear I am not some lone-wolf type who wants to be alone for the rest of his life.

I do intend to make friends and comrades eventually. I just want to be in a more secure and stable position before I do so.

Which won't happen until I graduate from the Imperial Academy on Coruscant.

Since I know the people who run is forbid intimate relationships between students and actively work to sabotage any and all friendships that begin to form there. They also try to break up friendships between cadets that have existed before they came to the academy.

Thane Kyrell and Ciena Ree are prime example of what I'm talking about.

The Imperial Academy on Coruscant is a den of snakes.

One which I am about to willingly enter.

There is probably something wrong with me. But that doesn't really bother me in the slightest. In fact this actually makes me a bit excited.

'Yep, I definitely have a few screws loose.' I thought.

Just as I did so I noticed a Sentinel-class shuttle descending through the atmosphere towards the landing platform I was standing next to.

"My ride has arrived." I muttered.

The shuttle didn't take long to land after I spotted it.

Once it did so the hatched opened and the landing ramp descended. A male imperial naval officer then proceeded to walk down it. The tabs on his uniform signifying his rank as that of a senior lieutenant.

The second he was completely off the ship he looked directly at me. "Diluc Ragnvindr I presume?"

"Correct sir." I replied.

"Very well. Come along then." He said.

The lieutenant then turned around and began re-boarding the ship. Me following right behind him.

As soon as I crossed the threshold I heard soft mechanical sounds behind me.

Turning around I saw the hatch closing the the ramp receding.

When it was all over I turned back around.

Seeing several teenage boys and girls seated along the walls of the ship as I did so.

All of them are cadets just like me.

Moving towards an open seat I ignored the stares I was getting and sat down. I then pulled down the safety harness situated above my head and once I heard it click into place I got comfortable.

While my thoughts drifted too the future.

Since now I have taken the very first significant step to achieving my goal.

 

 

11