Shells
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shio and the cub had been swimming through the river occasionally encountering beasts, but till now they hadn't met anything that could pose a threat to them.

'It seems to be pretty chill around here' as if answering his thoughts, a thundering noise rang from above. And in the next second, a massive winged creature sank in the river.

A small shark was caught by the bird in an instant. Its body halved by the sheer force of the sudden assault, painting the water in crimson.

The bird didn't seem satisfied with just one pray as it looked around and saw Shio and the tiger standing dumbfounded in front of him.

"That thing must be almost 6 meters tall" – Shio had encountered an elemental beast hunting and became one of its pray. This creature didn't show the beautiful traits of the creatures they had seen till now. It's beak was creaked in the tip and  it's feathers were rugged and disorganized. It had the appearance of a pelican that had been hit by a car. Black veins ran through its body and its eyes looked at them with a cold indifference, as if they were just insects waiting to be eaten.

'How ugly can a creature get?' the tiger seemed to agree as its face showed almost human disgust as it saw the creature. As soon as they finished contemplating the ugly creature, all hell broke loose. Shio let the creature attack his legs and seconds away from being hit by its beak he converted them to water and took a hold of the creature by its wings. The creature let a scream of concern as it noticed that it had been fooled by the tall monkey. Shio caught one of its wings and sunk his new fangs drawing blood from the pelican.

The creatures' black veins suddenly became alive, and tried to apprehend Shio. It seemed that they were worms that shared a symbiotic relationship with the bird.

'Now go for the neck' while his master fought with the worms, the tiger cub hadn't been watching idly by, it waited for the perfect moment to assault and swam towards a blind spot while using his ability aquatic camouflage. The cub could change and adapt the color of its fur to adapt itself to his environment underwater.

The cub bit the neck of the pelican while it was trying to get the human off its back. A sudden and loud screech of pain resounded through the whole river making the ears of its foes bleed. It all ended after a few seconds as the bird had received a critical hit  and couldn't breath anymore.

[You've killed a Worm pelican. You've received a Shell: wormharpoon, tier 1]

Wormharpoon: [When this harpoon hits a creature, several worms grow out of the tip and get attached to the injury]

Shells were objects one could get if they killed a foe and had a bit of luck, they ranged from weapons and armors to tools or medicine.

'My first shell and its a harpoon, well I'll give it to Aqua, I have no use for it' - Shio was a bit disappointed that he couldn't use it, at least his brother could.

Both the tiger and Shio received a part of the beast's essence and Shio took a few of the bird's feathers for later use. They seemed durable and maybe he could convert the stems to a chain.

'You did pretty well little fella' the cub raised his head in delight and let itself be pet by his master.

"Lets go!"

Their fight would attract other creatures so they needed to keep going.

1