Chapter 32 Goblin warrior.
268 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After contemplating what he should do in this situation. He is given two choices. Fight the horde alone, or report back to the guild and ask for help after being threate.. told by the smiling demon beside him. His thoughts are swirling right now before the window notification appears before his eyes.

[Do you want to let Iris enter your party and help you in finishing the sub-quest?]

[Yes or No]

The system alerted him to the possibility of clearing this sub-quest together with Iris. It seems it pushed Jin to finish the sub-quest right here right now after receiving it. However, it was a godsend. Jin doesn’t know how strong Iris is but judging by her appearance and equipment she is typical of a long-range fighter. 

It was truly a helpful occupation in this situation. If Iris agrees to accept his invitation, he doesn't need to worry about his blind spot. Besides, he doesn’t know that the system could be used like this.

But one thing is bugging inside his mind. “Why did the system rush me like this? ..As I thought, there was someone out there who knew my circumstances”. Jin remembered that there were some blurred words in his status. However Jin quickly shook his head sideways and cast his gaze toward Iris. 

“Please I beg you of this, Miss Iris, please help me defeat this horde”. (I didn't have much choice").

Jin put his hands together as if praying and bowed his head to Iris. Iris' face twitched. This situation needs special attention from the guild but the teen before her is acting so recklessly. As if he could eliminate those hordes on his own easily. She thought it was a joke at first but, after looking at Jin's condition. She opened her eyes wide because she knew that it was useless to persuade him. Iris sighed before speaking.

“..Geez, okay, I will help you. but if things get dangerous we need to flee immediately. You understand. Also I don’t bring too many arrows with me, so I will assist you from the back occasionally”.

“I understand. Thank you Miss Iris. Having someone watching my back is making me feel relieved”.

Jin clenched his hands, renewed his vigor and turned his head toward the system notification. “Yes”. 

[Party invitation is sent, waiting for the acceptance from the other party]

Iris's body stiffened seeing the transparent notification before her eyes. This was her first time witnessing this phenomenon.

“What is this?”.

The shaking voice that emerged from Iris' mouth catches his ear. It made Jin open His eyes wide. “Wait, she doesn’t know about this?” Jin turns his face to face Iris, whose eyes are wide, shocked seeing the invitation party.

“It was an invitation party, what else?”.

“No way, this was the first time I witnessed something like this”.

“First time? What do you mean?”.

Jin tilted his head seeing Iris' reaction. He didn’t know how to properly create a proper party before.

“..If you intend to create a party you have to submit a report to the guild and I wouldn’t tell you specifically but they will start the procedure from this to that. Before the guild officially recognised your party”. 

“So it was like that”. 

Jin almost put his finger on his lips before he shook his head sideways. “..For now, let's focus on the thing before you first”. 

“Miss Iris please accept it”.

“.. Eh? alright”.

[Invitation accepted]

[Iris is currently at the party]

Your current party:

1. Jin

2. Iris

[The experience will be divided equally between the nearest party members]

“What the hell is this? Experience divided equally?”.

Without minding Iris's outburst. Jin jumps from the tree branch and lands by kneeling. He surveyed his surroundings and there were no goblins in his vicinity. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath in and out, regained his calm.

“Miss Iris. let’s begin the hunt”.

“..Eh? Ah, let’s go, you can leave your back to me. I will protect you”.

“I leave it to you”.

Iris also jumped down and stood beside Jin. She raised her right hand and put it on Jin's shoulder before gripping it tightly. 

“But we need to have a long talk after this, you heard me, young master!”.

“Ouch, ..Yes understood, Miss”.

Jin could see a vein popping out on her temple ready to burst anytime. Her cheeks twitched, radiating an intimidating smile. Jin held his breath and gritted his teeth to withstand the pain on his shoulder. “Ouch.. ouch.. Her grip is strong. She is scary when she is mad just like my mother”. Muttered him inside his heart. Jin didn’t dare to bring those words out fearing that things would get worse from here.

The bustling sound from the shrub beside them made Jin and Iris take their battle stance. They looked toward each other and nodded their heads. Iris positioned herself behind Jin one and a half meters from him. As for Jin he stood in front and prepared his quick draw stance. After a while four goblins appear eyes wide open seeing the two of them. 

“Gyaa”.

They shrieked before charging at Jin. Jin gripped the katana tightly, took a deep breath and rushed forward. Because of the abnormal stats he is currently processing at his current level. It made the goblins and Iris's eyes wide open.

Using this as a chance Jin draws his blade and kills the goblin who enters his blade range.

[You gained 2,5 Exp]

Jin continues to swing his sword, cutting the remaining three goblins, and four goblins with separated body parts lay down on the ground bathed by their blood.

[You gained 7,5 Exp]

[Exp: 15/60]

[Goblin minions killed 4]

[Remaining: 42]

“It truly halves the experience we got”.

Iris opened her eyes wide the same with her mouth. She raised her free hand, holding her temple with disbelief written on her face. She sighs. She couldn’t understand the things that happened before her eyes right now. 

Jin who saw her distressed figure chuckled. Iris, who heard that, narrowed her eyes and turned her bloodshot eyes to him. Jin's body flinched and shrunk. She showed her canine approached him and made Jin's body shrink further.

“Well, I didn’t think young masters have a hobby to ridicule the elderly”.

“No, it’s not like that I was just..”.

“Hmm? What?”.

“..I find it amusing seeing your different kind expressions on your face today. I didn't know that you had a personality that could be easily flustered by an unexpected situation like this”.

“Why is that? What is so fun seeing my expression?”.

“No, well if I am being honest. ..You are acting like some teenager despite your mature look and it is adorable”.

Jin cast his gaze elsewhere while mumbling those words. However, he made a grave mistake. The person near him is a race called an Elf who happens to have a sensitive ear. So Iris could hear what Jin was mumbling about. 

“Fueh?”.

Iris' body stiffened and she let out a strange response upon hearing Jin's words. Blood started to rush toward her face. Her face became hot and she cast her gaze downward, embarrassed. She is fidgeting while raising her free hands to cover her half face.

Jin, also noticed the mistake he made, blushed. “Man, what the hell did I say toward a woman who is older and has more experience than me”.

Iris, who couldn’t bear this awkward atmosphere any longer, raised her hand that covered her mouth and slapped Jin back. The dry sound from the slap echoed through the entire forest. Jin's back felt stung.

“Haha, what are you saying? ..more importantly, let’s continue the hunt”.

“Okay, let’s do just that”.

“Good, look there is another incoming from behind us”.

“How did you know?”.

“Just go!”.

“Okay”.

After they succeed, in drifting the awkward moment between them. They begin to hunt the remaining goblin horde once again. Two hours passed and they succeeded in killing the forty-eight goblins.

 

[You killed 4 goblin minion]

[You gained 10 Exp]

[Exp: 55/70]

[Current mission: 48/50]

After killing all the goblins before him. Jin sheathed his blade and sighed. With the help from Iris Jin smoothly received his level up and nearing his next level up. He has already hunted forty-eight goblin minions, and it was two more before he could complete the quest to kill the minions.

Iris looked toward Jin's back. Her piercing gaze prickled Jin’s back.

“Young master, do you truly need some help in this situation?”.

Jin's body stiffened, he didn’t see that question coming. After fighting those minions from earlier. It seems there were no problems at all. He could defeat them with ease, but just in case. He needed someone who could watch his unguarded back. 

“..Of course. I still didn’t have any experience in this prolonged battle. I need you to watch my back, that's all”. (“Is that reason, good enough for her?”)

Iris was still bored a hole with her stare, still couldn’t believe what she had just seen. Disbelief was written all over her face. “It's strange, although he claimed never to be in this situation before. He faced it calmly and from what I saw he could manage it easily even alone. Well, the point is he is strong. What level is he at right now? I wonder what kind of education he got to reach that level at that young age?”.

Jin looked toward his surroundings ignoring Iris staring at him before speaking.

“It seems there is nothing in this vicinity. We should go to another place. Miss Iris please”.

“..In a moment”.

Iris closed her eyes and concentrated. She is using the tracking ability that she has honed ever since she was little. She also had a presence detection skill but decided to put it on hold. Instead, she used her senses, like her hearing. She says it was also good training for her, after laying down on the bed for a few months. 

“I got another twelve signals on the east from here. What should we do?”.

“..Let's go”. (“That many? There are more of them than estimated”)

They began to walk along the forest grassy road with light feet. Jin is in front and Iris is in the back, wary about their surroundings. Not long after that, they saw an open space and a rocky cave that was guarded by twelve goblins. They guard the perimeter tightly, not willing some enemy to bypass their lookout.

“Two goblin archers, and a regular goblin for the rest”.

Jin and Iris exchange looks. Nodded their heads simultaneously. Jin bent his foot ready to dash anytime. Iris held two arrows in her right hand and began to aim at the goblin archer who was standing near the entrance. 

Iris releases the first arrow and it flies in a straight line, bypassing the dense tree in the forest and other goblins before it plunges into the goblin archer's skull, killing it.

The other goblins alerted and the other goblin archer turned his head to look at the forest before a second arrow imbued into his brain and his body got limp.

Jin charged ahead and arrived at the nearest goblin that stood rooted. Still didn’t comprehend what was happening, got his head separated from its torso. Jin turns his attention to another goblin and he swings his blade, cutting the remaining goblin and kills all of them without any difficulties.

[You gained 30 Exp]

[You level up!]

[All of your stats are increased +1]

[You gained 7 BP]

[BP 2387]

[Exp: 15/80]

Iris, who witnessed the battle that was already over, approached Jin. Jin on the other hand sheathed his katana and looked at the notification before him

[Sub-quest]

[Killing 50 Minions Goblins]

[Progress: 60/50 Success]

[Killing 1 Goblin warrior]

[Progress: 0/1]

Jin turns his attention to the cave. He moistened his dry throat by gulping his own saliva. His body starts to tremble and a cold sweat appears on his temple, recalling what he experienced earlier inside. Clenching his teeth, and fist he raised his right foot and began to walk. His purpose was to finish his remaining quest killing a goblin warrior. He believes he was inside that cave.

“Wait! Where are you going?”.

Iris noticed that Jin was intending to head inside the cave hurriedly grabbing his right hand, stopping him in his tracks.

“I am going in”.

“I think it’s enough for the hunt today. Let's go report this to the guild!”.

“But, Miss Iris, what if there are still some of them inside. I can’t let them get away. Not after I killed the other”.

“Young master, I think we should..”.

“...”.

Iris stopped her lines and turned her gaze toward the cave entrance. Jin also felt something in front of him and he tensed his body preparing for what was coming. He cast his gaze toward the entrance.

Then a single Humanoid monster is like a goblin but taller, about 170cm tall with blue skin. Wearing a leather helmet, also armor from leather that resembles the Roman soldier covering his body and a pair of leather boots. There is also a longsword that is strapped to its left waist.

“Goblin warrior?”.

Hearing Iris' remark beside him, Jin tightly grips the katana in his hands. “So it finally shows itself, huh”.

6