Chapter 1 – New Beginings
446 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ava soon found herself being cradled by a woman. The woman’s beautiful face was filled with exhaustion yet she had a blissful smile as she was staring down at her.

She knew the woman holding her was likely her mother. Examining the woman closely she reaffirmed that she wasn’t hallucinating her mothers exotic appearance from before.

Her mother appearance resembled an elf from folklore; a species thought to be pure fantasy.

It was clear wherever this was it was no longer the same world she knew.

Her mother was also clothed in a beautiful set of clothing made up of animal furs indicating this world didn’t seem to have a high level of civilisation.

Looking around the room she found that she was in some sort of large hut. There was a herbal smell in the air, the interior was filled with large cupboards whose shelves were filled with glass vials holding strange liquids. 

A wizened old man stood in the centre of the room observing her with an assessing gaze. Beside him stood a young woman who stood silent, dutifully by his side.

Moving her glance from them to the final occupant in the room she found a handsome man who stared at her with a look of pure joy.

‘Guess this must be my Father?’ She theorised. 

The former soul has already adopted the name of her previous life since she felt a strong sense of familiarity from her life there.

In comparison her short time as a soul felt like a small blip compared to the time she spent on earth. 

And going by her new parents' name for her, she already decided it was appropriate.

‘Avraliyaticus Pontimus’ her mothers beautiful voice spoke clearly.

The rest though beautiful sounding was all gibberish to her as the language sounded completely foreign no matter how much she strained her brain in an attempt to decipher what they are saying.

She was only able to guess her mother's intentions since she seemed to deliberately slow down as she spoke her name in a clear tone whilst smiling down gently at her.

Her new name whilst sounding pleasing from her mother lips was already deemed too long and complicated to her ears.

She already decided ‘Ava’ would be a great nickname for her, she already decided to devise a plan to manipulate her parents into adopting it for her.

Whilst she was lost in thought she suddenly felt her body lightly being lifted into the air as her father gently took her from her mothers arms.

Carefully holding her he stroked her hair before mumbling something to her as her mother feeble protests died down with her eyes struggling to stay open from fatigue.

A look of adoration filled the man’s eyes as he comforted her mother to rest.

Observing his features more closely she found that similar to her mother he largely appeared human if not for a few non-human features.

His ears like her mothers were sharply pointed and if that didn’t indicate that he was not human the row of pointed teeth whenever he smiled did. 

Both her parents had large canines at the front of their mouths making it impossible for her to mistake them both for being ordinary humans.

‘Huh, so does that make me some kind of elf as well?’ She thought realising that means she also is no longer human.

Her father took that moment to softly stroke her head and talk to her in a affectionate tone.

Looking into his loving eyes she quickly forget about no longer being human.

In her previous life she was an orphan who spent large period of her childhood under foster care.

Her parents died when she was fairly young leaving behind a generous inheritance for when she was of age; however since she had no relatives willing to take custody over her she moved from foster home to foster home.

She never ended up being officially adopted, her foster parents were always loving and cared for her yet it still didn’t fill the void left behind by the loss of her parents.

‘So this is how it feels… I almost forgot’ Ava thought feeling the caring eyes of her father on her as he cradled her in his arms comfortably.

At that moment Ava decided she was just going to enjoy this miraculous second chance at life.

Instead of concerning herself over her sudden arrival in this strange world, she decided to adapt and get on with her new life here. 

 

17