Chapter 1 Mistake
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A small remark: This novel is written in 3rd POV, so whenever I write MC POV, it means 3rd POV. The story starts from chapter 14 of the Mercenary Enrollment Manhwa.

*******

OVERALL POV

Within a warehouse area, several armed people could be seen around a warehouse.

From the overview, it looks like they are waiting for someone or something.

*****

Inside the warehouse POV

Inside the warehouse, three people could be seen.

One of them was sitting on a container with a mobile phone in his hand while the other two `were standing around intentionally waiting for orders.

The man on the container was obviously the leader of the three.

He had short black hair, green eyes, and an obviously trained body.

He was wearing a combat suit, with a knife at the back and on the front.

A pistol could also be seen on the other side. Next to him laid a machine gun with a silencer.

*ring*

The next moment, a ring sounded from his mobile phone.

When he picked it up, he heard something that didn't please him at all.

"Boss, we made a mistake," a rough voice spoke.

"What?" said the man, which was all it took to make the other two feel uncomfortable.

"The target wasn't alone, so we had to kidnap one more person," the voice spoke again.

"Do you know the identity of the other person?" the man asked.

"No Boss, she is probably from the same school as the target," the man on the phone was trying to get the situation over as best he could.

"Bring her with you," the man replied and hung up.

After the man hung up, he cursed.

"Fucking idiots! They can't even kidnap a high school girl without making a mess."

*sigh*

"Let's hope there's no trouble."

****

Kidnappers POV 5 minutes earlier

Near a small supermarket, a black van could be seen.

Inside the van, several masked people were visibly waiting for something.

"Shall we go, boss?" asked the person sitting in the driver's seat.

"Wait, one moment. Another person is coming, if he talks to her bodyguard he will be distracted and we will have an easier time."

"OK, boss."

They weren't watching the supermarket, but the person sitting in front of the supermarket.

Shin Yuna

Shin Yuna is one of the heirs to SW Corporation and the granddaughter of the owner of SW Group, which is a multinational company known throughout the world.

She has a personal bodyguard named Koh Sukjoo at all times.

When Sukjoo started talking to a silver-haired young man, the boss gave the signal to start.

"Drive them over!" he ordered.

Without wasting any time, the driver started to speed up, hitting the two young men.

The van doors opened and several masked men came out and ran towards the two girls.

After grabbing them and dragging them into the van, they drove off, causing the two young men to attack each other.

"You..." Sukyoo spoke angrily.

"Who were they?" the silver-haired young man countered.

After a moment's confusion, the two realized something was wrong and let go of each other.

Sukyoo made a call, and the two set off to gather information.

*****

Back at the warehouse

Inside the warehouse, the three people could be seen waiting.

Minutes passed since the call, which meant that the goods were about to arrive.

Once the atmosphere outside grew louder, the three knew they had arrived.

Seconds later, the door opened, revealing two masked people, each with a girl in front of them.

The moment the leader of the three saw the girls, something happened that no one expected.

*AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhhh*

Screams came from the man as he went down on his knees putting his hands on his head.

Shocked by this, everyone present turned in this direction and stared in fear.

One of the men ran to him and helped him up. "Are you ok Boss?" he asked.

The man leaned on one of the containers and tried to hide his shock. "Everything is fine, I just remembered something I didn't want," was all he answered.

Outwardly he looked normal again, but his mind was in confusion and shock.

`Why now?` the man asked himself.

`I've seen him before! Why with her?` The man couldn't believe it.

The reason for his shock was a memory.

A memory he never expected to remember.

His past life.

In his past life, he was also a Mercenary who retired at the age of 30. There he developed a hobby for manga/hua/hwa and novels.

Part of his shock was because he sees himself reincarnated, and another part because two characters from a manhwa from his last life were in front of him.

Moreover, he didn't quite understand why he had just now awakened his memory. Looking back, he already had contact with other characters.

The two before him were from a manhwa called Mercenary Enrollment.

As the name suggests, it was about a 19-year-old who lost his parents in a plane crash and grew up in a camp as a Mercenary. However, he escaped from there and ended up back home, where he was welcomed by a grandfather and a little sister.

One of the two girls in front of him was none other than the protagonist's sister Yu Dayun.

Knowing the plot, he naturally knew what was about to happen.

Unlike the plot, where Ijin was able to free his sister with ease, it was not going to be as easy for him this time.

After all, he existed this time.

Apart from his memory, he also got something else.

`Status`

 

<Name: Joel>

<Title: Mercenary Jay,???>

<Blessing: God of War>

<Blessing Skills: Unbreakable Mind(?), War Arts(?), Super Human(?),>

<Age: 23>

<Job: Mercenary>

<Mastery: Martial Arts(SS), Sword Arts(S), Knife Arts(S+), Fire Arms(S), Assassination(S), Driving(B), Flying(B), (Flying refer to planes etc.)>

<Skills: Improved 5 Senses(passive),>

<Inventory>

<Stats>

(Peak Human has S Rank Stats)

<END: S+>

<STR: SS>

<AGI: SS>

<INT: B+>

"Just set them down in front of it," Joel said as he pointed to a container.

`Shall I fight with Ijin?` Joel asked himself.

Of course, one might wonder who Joel is now.

After all, such memories can change a personality.

In this case, however, he was lucky, since his personality in his last life was the same as his current one.

So he had actually only received information through the memories.

As he looked at his status, lost in thought, he heard through his enhanced 5 senses that it was getting louder outside again.

The others were talking amongst themselves when Joel heard footsteps towards the two girls.

When he turned towards them, he saw a young man with minor injuries on his body. Clearly, he was already having fun outside.

Seeing that their boss turned to the hostages, the others also looked there, which gave them a surprise.

The men looked at their boss, waiting for instructions.

When Joel gave a hand signal, the two men who had been in the room with him from the beginning moved toward the young man. The others left the hall as instructed.

Both men had masks covering their lower faces, with one of them wearing a cap.

The man without the cap had a visible scar on the left side of his forehead.

"You are Sukjoo from SW?" asked the man with the scar.

Actually, he already knew the answer, he just wanted to draw attention to himself.

Surprisingly, the first attacker was not the man with the scar but the man with the cap.

Without much talking, he attacked Sukjoo.

A punch to the stomach, which Sukjoo avoided with a sidestep, was countered by a jab to the attacker's face. He was also able to avoid the attack.

As the two exchanged punches and kicks, blood spurted from Sukjoo's arm the next moment.

In shock, he stared at the attacker.

"Why are you so shocked? Did you think this would be a children's fight where weapons are not allowed? Naive!" the man with the scar on his face mocked Sukjoo from the side with a happy expression.

`FUCK! THE TWO ARE ON A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT LEVEL!` Sukjoo thought in shock as he held his arm.

`He caught a muscle Fuck!`

From the side, shock and worry could be seen on both girls' faces.

Yuna was especially shocked, knowing how long Sukjoo has been training.

Dayun felt guilty, although it was obviously not her fault.

Now with one arm, Sukjoo gave his best, hoping to make it easier for Ijin.

With a swing of his leg against his opponent's knee, he lost his balance, which Sukjoo took advantage of and gave him a clean hit to the chin.

In the next moment, the man fell to his knees, and then to the ground.

`First down`

The man with the scar turned to his boss and looked at his reaction.

When Sukjoo saw the man, he followed his gaze and found another man looking down at him from a container.

As the two looked at each other, a door was opened which caused both of them to turn and look at the door at the same time.

When the door opened, it revealed a young man with silver hair and bloodstained clothes.

`He's here!` Joel thought with joy when he saw him.

As the boy looked around, his eyes visibly changed as he fixed his gaze on Joel.

"Impossible! You shouldn't be here!" the boy whispered as he tried to keep a straight face.

When the two looked into each other's eyes, they understood the meaning of the saying.

-Eyes can speak more than a thousand words.-

1