11. Positive Scripting – IV
79 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To the best of my recollection, Alliana has consistently demonstrated a tendency towards impulsiveness. When I first joined her team a few years ago, I took the time to look into her time at MagicPerformax. Her performance there was somewhat lackluster, with most of her assessments falling short compared to other Team Leaders. Her track record was generally average, especially considering her specialization in machinistry, focusing on automatons and support systems. However, her recent handling of the code blue incident has left me wondering if there's more to her abilities than meets the eye.

"Do you plan to discuss this with TL Ava?" I ask Alliana, my concern evident.

"You sound worried, Vaughn. I'm just going to have a conversation with him about this incident," Alliana reassures me as we both arrive.

"TL Ava," she greets him with a small smile.

"TL Alliana," he responds with a smirk. "How can I assist you today?"

"I intended to discuss a specific case involving both of our teams. Would you mind if we could review it at my desk, please?"

"Of course. Please give me a moment," TL Ava replies, rising from his chair and handing a tablet to Chelsea. "Make sure to read this. If you want to improve your skills, additional references can be quite helpful."

"Thank you so much, TL Ava."

"Alright. We'll have some fieldwork to attend to later. For now, assist our agents to the best of your ability. TL Alliana, shall we?"

"Great! I'll bring my Subject Matter Expert with me since he's the one who forwarded this report," Alliana remarks, giving me a quick look.

"Of course, TL Alliana. It seems like this matter is quite serious," Ava chuckles, and the three of us head back.

"No, not really. It's more a matter of self-doubt," Alliana jokes. "Besides, it's a privilege to learn from the top TL, who has held that position for six consecutive months," she adds, eliciting a wry smile from Ava.

"It's not just me, TL. My team and my SME have achieved remarkable feats. Chelsea, in particular, has shown unwavering determination. She even chose Automaton Development as her specialization to complement my skills during fieldwork and special work requests," Ava says with pride.

"She is a diligent SME," Alliana remarks as we arrive at her desk. "I believe she graduated at the top of her SME class, right? My memory can be a bit hazy at times, but I do recall that every TL on this production floor has been eager to have her on their team."

"Everyone except you, TL Alliana," Ava smirks while glancing at me. "I suppose you have your reasons, given that you chose SME Vaughn."

"I just have a liking for him, I guess," Alliana bluntly reveals, causing me to cough. "I sense that we would make a good team, despite my perceived mediocrity as a TL."

"No, you're not mediocre, TL Alliana," Ava reassures her, patting her colleague's back. "Although, after your tenure here, one might question whether you truly are mediocre. At this point, shouldn't you be leading the CAT team or even serving as an Assistant Manager?"

"Perhaps, but those roles come with a heavy workload and hassle," Alliana sighs, opening my laptop. "And if you assume such positions, you'll find that many eyes will be scrutinizing your every move, waiting for you to slip up so they can replace you. It's a fate shared by many starry-eyed TLs who initially believed this job would be easy, only to later resign or transfer to different departments. I appreciate your concern, TL Ava. Now, about that case…"

After a few minutes of subdued conversation between the two TLs, I notice Ava shaking his head.

"I apologize, TL Alliana, but are you possibly insinuating that my SME made an inappropriate recommendation?" His voice takes on a heated tone, almost reaching a shout.

"Absolutely not, TL Ava. I would advise you to remain calm. I was merely discussing potential improvements in the situation. Ultimately, it's all about ensuring customer satisfaction, and as experts in our field, we should be well-equipped to offer the best solutions."

"Well, if that's the case, are you suggesting that we should escalate this to Quality Assurance?" Ava snaps, his voice now raised.

"It's entirely up to you, TL Ava. Ultimately, this falls under the purview of your SME, and if you decide to intervene on Chelsea's behalf, it could impact Vaughn's reputation. You know well that I would also defend Vaughn's integrity."

"You're making it sound like a threat, TL Alliana. If you're attempting to question and intimidate my team—"

"No, TL Ava," Alliana's voice is sharp as she grabs Ava's shoulder. "Mediocre as you may perceive me, you don't want to see me making a threat, so please stop exaggerating." She concludes with a smile, but beneath her usual demeanor, there's a hint of sharpness.

"You're forgetting your place, TL Alliana. Don't you dare question my SME's integrity," Ava's voice carries a foreboding tone as he withdraws from Alliana's grasp.

"No, I'm not, TL Ava. I'm simply ensuring that we have a clear understanding of our boundaries, and in the unlikely event that those boundaries are breached, we'll address it when the time comes," she finishes with a smirk. "So, with that settled, shall we return to our respective stations?"

With a quick smirk from Alliana and a glare from Ava, the two TLs part ways, leaving behind a tense atmosphere. I find myself uncertain about how to approach the situation.

"Jeez, that Ava. Still as hot-headed as ever," Alliana suddenly chuckles as she glances over my laptop once more before turning toward me. "Why do you look so stiff, Vaughn? Come over here."

...

Quick question. Asides from characters, is there something else that I'd need to add on the Glossary Section?

1