13. Client Visit – II
65 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"When was the last time you sneaked up on me like that?" Alliana inquires as the mysterious figure removes her robes, revealing a small, freckled face adorned with fiery crimson hair and sapphire-like purple eyes that shone like sapphires.

"You're the one who taught me to do those things," Ta'ul lets out a hearty laugh as I stand there, somewhat confused at what's happening. Earlier, Alliana had mentioned that this supposed VIP represented the top 1% of the guild circles in the country, and it's intriguing to see her being so friendly with my TL.

"Ah, I know that face," Alliana remarks, pointing at me while taking a few steps back from Ta'ul.

"Yes, TL. I guess you know me really well," I reply as she snickers. "To spare you further surprise, you could say that Ta'ul is a close friend of mine," I explain while placing my hand on her shoulder.

"Yes, indeed. I believe I was one of her very first clients," Ta'ul thoughtfully adds. "She did quite well, for a support human," she concludes with a teasing tone, prompting a laugh from Alliana.

"Ah, I did my part, Ta'ul. Don't let me be dismissed as just a support person! Anyway, I need to create a report about this Violent Customer Inbound," Alliana states.

"Of course, Alliana. Don't let me hinder your duty," Ta'ul replies.

"Thanks, Ta'ul. I'll catch up with you later, and you know what…" Alliana pauses, her gaze shifting towards me. "Vaughn, why don't you accompany the VIP and give her a quick tour of the production floor?"

"Wait, what?" I ask TL, somewhat surprised by the sudden request, as she nods. "It shouldn't be that difficult, right? Besides, you'll get the chance to get to know one of MagicPerformax's oldest clients," she adds with a playful tone.

"The way you're saying that, it's like implying I'm old," Ta'ul retorts coolly, provoking another light-hearted exchange with Alliana.

"Well, you're a thousand years old, Ta'ul, so I'm just telling the truth," Alliana quips.

"I... It would be pointless to argue," the dragon priestess sighs, her demeanor relaxed as Alliana chuckles.

"That's right. You wouldn't stand a chance arguing wi-"

"Team Leader Willingford." A sharp voice interrupts the conversation as Assistant Manager Lydia approaches, accompanied by TL Ava and another individual who appears to be a fellow TL.

"Ah, Lydia," Alliana responds with an apologetic tone. "I was actually about to deliver my report on the Violent Customer Inbound incident when Ta'ul suddenly showed up. You know, we used to work togeth-"

"I understand that, Willingford," Lydia interjects gently, a glimmer of amusement in her eyes as she turns to address Ta'ul. "I was simply wondering if our client has had her meals yet. The Crimson Roost is quite the ways from our office."

"I appreciate the offer, Lydia, but I am in the middle of fasting as a close confidant has recently passed away." Ta'ul replies with a wry smile. "And the purpose of my visit was to check on the agents assisting the enclave. While our re-exploration lines have been maintained, I have heard of disruptions from the others," she explains.

"Indeed, Miss Ta'ul," Lydia confirms with a nod. "There have been a few escalated cases as well that I'd like to discuss. Would you mind joining us in my office, Willingford?"

As I turn to Alliana, I notice a sly smirk forming on her face, and for some reason, a shiver runs down my spine.

"Actually, Lydia, I need to contact the customer who triggered the Violent Customer Inbound incident and ensure her well-being. It might take some time, so I was thinking of sending my  SME to represent me for the time being."

"T-TL?" I stammer, taken aback by the unexpected turn of events, as Alliana's smirk evolves into a full-blown grin.

"Well, if you believe that your SME can relay the information we'll be discussing, then that's fine," she suggests.

"Yes, he should be capable, right, Vaughn?" She turns to me, and I find myself torn between conflicting emotions.

"I believe I can handle it," I respond, trying to maintain composure. TL Ava, however, interjects with her own perspective.

"If I may offer a comment, Miss Lydia, I believe this is a classified meeting between management and the client. While I don't underestimate SME Avelus' capabilities, I believe it would be more appropriate for his TL to handle the informing-"

"That's acceptable, TL," Ta'ul intervenes, her gaze now directed at Alliana. "If Willingford trusts his subordinate to attend this meeting, then I have confidence in him as well."

"Very well," Lydia concludes. "SME Avelus, please assign a point of contact from your team while you're away. Given that you may spend some time with the violent customer inbound, we need to ensure that your HCAs receive the necessary support."

2