38
23 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I rushed over I had to dodge a few fireballs and tried to get a feel for the situation. The guy with the mace seemed like a heavy fighter who could increase his weight. Yoh seemed to be emitting an aura of fire countered by May's aura of water creating a field of light steam. Yoh's clerical abilities seemed self focused like regeneration instead of actual healing arts or else we might really be screwed. The mage was splitting his attention around the entire battle protected by 2 bodyguards while also holding down our cleric who had created a holy shield to protect himself. While that was great and all his multicasting abilities were sub par and he could only use heal once every 20 or so seconds. Boosts were faster at 12 seconds but still slow and not all that powerful. 

"Get away from the lady you scourge!" Tyre shouted as he used a phantom knife throw skill. It went and hit the back of the mace user but didn't do much if anything just sticking there before disappearing after the skill ended. I thought through my list of current treats I had. The great thing about these bread mitts was that I could use a second treat with them. They gave me enhanced strength and the boxing skill to provide the same skill level as my average cooking skill level with half proficiency. I couldn't use my knife because of the way they were shaped like a bread bowl just over my hands. They gave enough protection when used as a shield as well but weren't made for extended use, deteriorating after 5 minutes.

I smirk as I eat an h-bread and then a battle tart, this time an ice one. I make some ice spikes come out of the bread's knuckles as I run to Yoh's blind side. He has been focused on holding May down forming a capital T shape with his front claws on her back not allowing her to turn her head much and crushing her wings a bit. He is grinning evilly at this and seems wholly focused on her now. I emit a block of ice from my foot, pushing my shoe off in the process and leap into the air towards Yoh. I've figured out if I only use the tart with time in between and not in rapid succession the success rate is a lot higher but I will eventually fix this quirk.

I aim for the base of his neck and expand my ice spikes right when I'm about to land. Yoh tenses quickly and lets out a short yip before trying to turn his head. This allows May to slip out to the side by rolling. Tyre is distracting the mace guy enough and I jump off Yoh as he puts more effort in his aura of fire, literally growing a spine of fire on his back. "Little gremlin, you shall perish!"

He seems very disturbed by the ice spike to the back of the neck and sends a breath of fire at me before turning to face May again who has recovered her feet and has summoned two water serpents blasts that are circling through the air in a wild path towards Yoh. The impact stops his breath halfway and knocks him off balance and falling onto the side of one of his feet. I was glad she did because the ice I was emitting was barely enough to beat the heat. I was down below half health which was more damage then I had taken the entire battle before this in one attack. 

I spit out the tart and ate a h-bread. I knew I was just support but this was a little humbling. Tyre was getting pummeled and bashed around so I switched to a doughnut hole for some quick ranged support, activating flavor enhancement to it's max setting. The ice balls I created sending the mace user off balance and allowing Tyre to back off, grab a health potion and recover a bit as he used his speed to escape his opponent. He was just legging it so I turned my eyes back to the fight between May and Yoh. May was now in a ranged battle with him using a spell to blast those water serpents at him while he moved his wings in a way that he sent air slashes back. With the mage he was out performing her in damage and she was backing off glancing behind her at the tunnel out.

I started throwing my ice balls at Yoh which did good damage while heading towards the mage. Greg was still battling the summoner and wasn't ending that fight any time soon so I was on my own. The treat ended and I ate another activating my skill again, this time focusing on the mage. His warrior bodyguards blocked most of the attacks but the curved form of the throw didn't let them block everything.

The mage got hit and he crumpled a bit. I kept up the throws before moving the ice mana into my bread gloves to punch each of the bodyguards in the face. Ever been hit with a loaf of cold bread, if so sorry cause that must have hurt and they both fell backwards at the sharp jab. The boxer skill and multiplier did it's job as well, helping me blow past their attempts at parrying. Temporarily alone with the mage he panicked and started flinging spells straight at me. I formed an icy shield in front of me before the treat ended and I broke through the mist to beat the crap out of the wizard. I had him dead in the next 4 seconds the bodyguards took to both get up and find us through the thick mist. I took one full hit from each of them as I got back up but I still had 28% health left so I escaped into the mist to heal.

Forgetting about them I ran in the direction of the huge explosions May and Yoh were causing. Her priest had stopped being forced to protect himself all the time so he was able to patch May up a bit. Not as good as Yoh just yet but baby steps.

Greg had seemingly taken advantage of killing a summon to get in closer to the summoner because she was wounded and backing towards Yoh with only one summon left who was being absolutely trashed by Greg in a whirlwind of axe swings. 

The fight was looking up. I passed through a cloud of smoke and felt a hard object shake my skull, causing me to be both blinded and fall to the ground.

2