41
19 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up the next morning feeling fine until I remembered what happened. I looked and saw Greg still sleeping and Hannah was frowning while a monkey brushed her hair. I said good morning and told Hannah that we'll talk when Greg gets up. I claimed the reward from the quest and got a recipe for a healing treat, a cleansing cookie. It heals more than healing bread and can treat poison so its just an upgraded version really.

The hint was /*editted*/ You figured out my original hint you fiend! I was supposed to open your eyes to the grander things in life! Well, now that you figured it and another out I suppose I'll give you a different hint since I'm a man of my word. What if you didn't have to lick a treat to activate one? Chew on that why don't ya. Also final thing, shadow raptors are drawn to suffering if they know it exists, nasty things they are but I do enjoy toying with them from time to time for revenge. They have this little habit where they stare at pinwheels when they are spinning at a rate of less than 5 spins a second, I don't know why but Ramone the knowledgeable would have spent weeks on this sort of thing. I'm curious now, bye!

HAIL CHAOS, GC yaddah yaddah I got stuff to do/*editted*/

Ignoring most of what he said the most important thing was that Denny knows about the frontlines and will go to them. I just need to hope they don't kill him as a monster or in the crossfire. Secondly remote activation of treats...hmmmm. I know spit activates treats but why is that, water doesn't activate it and neither does any other liquid. I spit onto a strength skittle and watch what happens. The skittle glows and then it fades to half glow and stays that way for the normal time. I didn't feel any stronger. If going to the treat doesn't work then maybe I need to bring the treat to me. 

I open my parent's recipe book and turn the pages a bit before finding nothing. Would minor teleportation be the right way to do this? I know Hannah used to look at the skill but said it was too complicated and expensive of a skill scroll to get. Wait he said I wouldn't need to lick one, that means that I can just activate their effects. I look into my inventory and use a function I don't use often. 

The function is consume and its pointless unless you can't eat normally. I've heard doctors use it a bit when they want their patient to not move their head too much but still need nutrients. I feel strength rising out of me like I had just eaten a strength skittle. I smile and use flavor enhancement to burn through the time quicker while consuming more and different types of skittles. I do this a couple times and look in my system shop to see the three skills I've been thinking about show up. 

Stuffed is the one about just eating more and its cheap so I get it. Combined taste is the combined one of course but its expensive, even for the current rich me. I hold off on that one and see auto consume which is not quite cheap but I purchase it anyway. 

I try auto consuming and see a timer of 30 seconds and a 10 minute cooldown. While that is loading I start eating more skittles and I get a 10 percent increase it strength that normal from the second one but it seems that the others didn't do anything yet. 

Greg is still asleep and Hannah is reading a book with a princess, dragon, and knight on the cover. She glances up, to me and then Greg and goes back to her book. I walk out of the room and see May talking with one of her subordinates with many walking around and tearing down the red furnishings. 

I greet May when the subordinate walks off and talk with her directly for the first time "Good morning lady May, I hope you are healed well."

She grins and comes closer, sniffing around me "Good morning cook, I have never been better. I don't know if you understand dragon culture at all but this is quite the accomplishment for someone of my age. Winning against Yoh here will get me a lot of attention from the sanctuary and they will send more dragonkin to help run the mine here."

"I'm glad to hear that. What happened after I went to sleep last night?" I asked as she sat back down looking smug.

"Well I destroyed Firren's statue and found just a dreamy amount of gold in that smoke lizard's cave. After that I left everything to my second in command who just left. It seems that he sent the redkin to the little prison area and released the other prisoners. After that they went about talking with the freed prisoners about how they can work for us or just leave after signing a magic contract of silence. Your group will of course have a lighter oath than they but I can't have you spreading this location around. This morning they got to work on fixing the decor and here we are. If I may ask, what do you plan on now? My doors are always open to strong players like you" she rambled, she would have gone on as she seemed over the moon about all this but I interrupted her.

"We cannot stay here, we need to find that monster that was here last night. He is our friend Denny and I have reason to believe he is headed to the frontlines" I sidestepped the recruitment issue and went on "I plan on leaving after lunch after speaking with my friends."

Her smile barely got smaller at that "As expected it seems. I will not stop you but I will give you three things before you go." A bit surprised at three things, a reward, the contract but what else? "Of course you must sign the contract to not be able to tell of this location to players with ill intent in mind. I also will give you each a blue stone ring, a sign of friendship with my people. Finally, I will give you my ID for when you reach level 40 which should be soon." A couple cultists near gasped loudly at that and listened in. "I know you have skill and I hope to be able to work together in the future."

Oh, ok. "Thank you, I hope we can work together as well in the future. Thats all I wanted to talk about so I'll go see if Greg, the stoneman, is up yet" I finished, turning back towards the room. That went well. I passed by Teddy drinking some coffee who nodded to me before finding Greg awake and doing some stretching. 

3