50
2 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Not much happened at first, the fire sticks started burning, causing both a lot of smoke and destroying the grass. At the very least the monster definitely hate the smoke more than me.

I heard the soft falling of grass and with the barest hint of footsteps to my right. Turning I saw a person made of white gel coming out of the grass. 

That was good enough for me, I electrified my spatula with a touch to its blade and charged. The person was unarmed and I couldn't make out his face because of the color of gel and way the gel wasn't perfectly solid provided a vague interpretation at a face.

I felt something pass over me as if in inspection but I kept going, the monster knowing what I was wouldn't solve its very near coincidence of being dead. I was mad.

The person moved his hand up but I got there too quickly for him to fully raise it. I made a diagonal swipe, followed up by a blocking forearm in anticipation of retaliation. 

The gel of the person's body moved out of the way of my slash, arching backwards and becoming thinner. I could see a little spark jump over to his body it was such a close dodge.

The person then started to shine. A figure of a teacher popped up behind him. They didn't seem quite real but the feeling they gave off hinted danger. 

Seeing as he had dodged the swipe backwards I continued my charge with whatever momentum was left from my slight stop and used my blocking arm to keep moving forwards. 

The person pivoted out of the way in a wide manner, stretching his body as made the step.

I tried bringing the spatula that had swung back along the pivoting figure but that was met by the gel outright splitting apart along the almost cut area. Still attached at the edges it wasn't a complete split but this was already irregular.

I heard a whistling sound from my left so I dropped into a roll. Before I could even ragdoll down the whistling sound reached me and I blacked out.

.

..

...

....

A picture popped in my head.

One I was apart of.

I saw Greg as a little kid doing a one armed flex for Hannah who was applauding.

I saw my dad teaching Denny how to throw a knife while my mother disapproved from the sidelines as she was kneading dough with me.

We were all so happy then.

Then? Why not now?

It's all split apart. 

Back then, everything we did was done together.

Now, now we're all doing separate things. One in a far away place, two not even alive.

I guess that's me now so three.

Can't bring the dead back, but you are far from it.

I'm not dead?

Don't insult me, I wouldn't accidentally kill someone.

This isn't about me though, who are you and what do you want?

I'm Lee Baker, proud child of Ren and Tim Baker. Friend and brother to Greg, Hannah, and Denny Baker.

And what do you want?

To be strong. Strong enough to win. Win and keep everything together.

Seeking strength then. A fine cause as any, do not lose sight of why and you will go far young one.

I guess I could help you, been a long time since a marked one has visited here. It's time to hold up the end of my bargain then. Wake up.

I held that image in my mind for awhile. How long was not certain but I felt pain in my head again. I opened my eyes to see that there was a little hut in the middle of the tall grass. The white gel person was crouching next to me.

My name is Jeff, I will be your teacher.

I squinted my eyes to look at him closer. He looked like a slime warrior for some reason, a monster.

Oh but I am, just with a little soul manipulation. Go ahead and use identify to clear this up for yourself.

My eyes opened at that but it was way to soon as the bright light flooding my eyes made me close them again. I opened them slightly again and used identify.

White Slime Warrior (Jeff)- Level ???

I didn't make the mistake of opening my eyes further but I still thought it was crazy. I'd now met 3 monsters that could talk in a week. Weren't they supposed to be rare?

Yes they are, I guess you must be truly fortunate. 

Have I said anything recently? I don't think I have.

Jeff smiled and nodded, then he offered me a hand to stand up which I took.

Rising wasn't hard but I was careful none the less. 

Let's get you inside to rest for a night and answer some questions. Tomorrow we shall start.

I nodded and walked towards the hut. Inside was a lot bigger than expected from the exterior and had tons of weapons on the walls, none quite the same. Various crystals and other things were neatly organized on tables equally organized.

Jeff led me to the left, up some stair into an area with 2 bedrooms and a kitchen.

Now for all your questions, just think your mind and I will answer. With a bit of mind reading and telepathy this should all work smoothly.

1