Chapter 6 – Laying the Groundwork
156 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Yuki’s POV)

 

My consciousness is slowly roused to awareness by the very faint chirping of the birds.

 

“AAhhh~”

 

My body spasms and shakes as I bask in the bliss of a morning stretch.

 

“Ugh- gotta take a leak…”

 

I feel like I had a nightmare last night… I can’t remember it, though. My body feels oddly heavy… 

 

“Especially my chest…”

 

I murmur to myself as my pants drop to the floor.

 

“Weird, did the drawstring snap?”

 

*Dribble*

 

“Haaa~”

 

Instead of the typical sound of liquid splashing, the sound was more of a dull dribble. And my inner thighs felt like they were being tickled.

 

I instinctively look down to check. Only for my view to be blocked.

 

Two massive mounds were attached to my chest, blocking the view.

 

My eyes dilated as my stream stopped.

 

Suddenly, the door behind me swung open.

 

***

 

“—So, you’re saying that you’re Yuki. And when you woke up, you were a girl?”

 

“Mhm, Mhm, Mhm—!” Yuki(?) nodded vehemently.

 

Sujin sighs and holds his head in his hands. At the same time, Yuki(?) gazes at him like a guilty dog who just smashed a vase.

 

While Sujin could barely even look at Yuki(?). Despite Sujin’s veil of maturity, he was still a hormonal teen that, if sufficiently aroused, would fuck a caked-up tree. And Yuki’s (?) alluring outfit wasn’t doing Sujin any favors.

 

A shirt that is too baggy but only big enough to hide the base of the legs. And her heaving chest, which, by the law of gravity, wouldn’t permit his eyes from looking away.

 

“Ok… Prove it then…” Sujin peered back at Yuki(?) through his fingers, partially to hide his gaze.

 

“Prove…?”

 

“Prove that you’re really Yuki!”

 

“O-ok!”

 

Yuki(?) pauses as she begins thinking. Not long after, his eyes light up as he pumps his fist.

 

“Ah! Remember when everyone avoided you for a few weeks because of your tattoo? And how you stash porn magazines in a box under your–”

 

Sujin lunges at Yuki, covering her mouth with both of his hands.

 

“Woah, woah, woah, ok! Ok! You’re Yuki!”

 

His eyes are as serious as his cheeks are red.

 

“Wait– How did you even find out?! I hid them perfectly!”

 

“Are you talking about the decoy Shounen Leap magazines you put on top? Or how you switched out their covers?”

 

Sujin twinges, which basically tells Yuki, “You got me!”

 

“Tsk tsk, your first mistake was putting something entertaining to read as your decoy. Your second mistake was to think this wasn’t a commonly tried tactic.”

 

“Tsk, I knew I should just read them online– Ahh– But my parents keep track of what I buy– And pirating is wrong–”

 

Sujin looks away while muttering and clenches his fist in defeat. Yuki breaks out with a grin, further amplified by her victory against Sujin.

 

‘If I knew it would make him this embarrassed, I would’ve used it against him earlier! Whatever… It’s the little victories that count!’

 

“Glad to see you all aren’t as frazzled as I thought you’d be.”

 

Who!?

 

Spontaneously, the space around them is filled with a pink dusk. Floating in the air was a rabbit plush doll with an eyepatch, a top hat, and a carrot.

 

WHO!?

 

Like a broken record.

 

***

 

An unbelievable sight was playing out before Sujin and Yuki. They were sipping tea– that frankly was the best they ever had– on a frilly pink tea table that you would see in aristocratic or lolita tea parties.

 

And all of these items were fabricated from thin air in an instant.

 

On the other side of the table was a rabbit plush quietly sipping tea. How? They had no clue, and they were too stunned to ask.

 

*Clink*

 

The rabbit sets the teacup down before clearing their throat.

 

“Greetings mortals, you may call me Mary.”

 

“...”

 

“Ehem… So, I suppose you two have some questions you’d like answering, no? Maybe about why Hirohito Yuki woke up as a woman?”

 

“Wait, do you know why this happened to me?!”

 

Yuki sprung up, slamming her hands against the table, causing the tea to splatter.

 

“Yes, I do. Because I’m the one who did it.”

 

“Why?”

 

Sujin interjects. His eyes hardened with fury.

 

“Oh, angry for your friend? How noble.”

 

“Answer my question.”

 

Sujin’s words were cold like steel. If the rabbit had sweat glands, it would be sweating profusely right now.

 

For Sujin, the fact that this Rabbit plush may be a creature that can defy the laws of physics was pushed to the wayside. All that mattered was… Why?

 

“Why? Every once in a millenni, select mortals are chosen for many trials and tribulations. You two, Hirohito Yuki and Hak Sujin, have been chosen as worthy candidates.”

 

“But why?!”

 

“The whims of gods are beyond your mortal understanding. I need not explain my behavior.”

“SO YOU’RE SAYING GODS CAN TOY WITH MORTALS HOWEVER THEY PLEASE—”

 

*Snap*

 

A cold, thunderous snap resounded through the room like a wave. In an instant, words failed to leave Sujin’s mouth as he was bound in his seat.

 

“Your anger is understandable, but what’s done is done.”

 

“Well, you don’t have to worry, Hirohito Yuki. You won’t be trapped as a girl for the rest of your life.”

 

The rabbit’s eyes began glimmering.

 

“Unfortunately, your changed gender is bound to raise questions. So I’ve implemented a fail-safe that doubles as compensation for your troubles.”

 

“Every day at 8 pm, you can make a wish. It can even be something frivolous like money or something mundane like a cup of water.”

 

Yuki’s eyes beamed with amazement. 'Isn’t this a lot of power?' he thought.

 

Imediately, he started thinking about all the crazy things he'll wish for tonight, a new console! 150 thousand yen! (around a thousand USD) Fuck school! I'm gonna be rich! Is what went through his mind.

 

“However, there is a price. You two must complete a challenge depending on what you wish for. The challenge will vary based on what you wish for.”

 

“...”

 

Yuki was too stunned to speak.

 

“Ahaha… Well… I’ll be taking my leave.”

 

*Snap*

 

The rabbit– no, Mary, Disappeared as abruptly as she appeared.

 

“Wait… Are you going to take the tables??”

 

***

 

“Pwah!”

 

Mary appears in a cloud of pink smoke, falling to her knees.

 

“Welcome home, ms high and mighty.”

 

Lucifer stood over Mary with a grin on his face.

 

“Seriously… That is not how I expected this to go… That Sujin guy… He’s scary…”

 

“What the hell was with the whole ‘Every once in a millennium’—”

 

“Shut up– I know! My brain freaked out, and I thought, ‘I gotta think of an excuse pronto!”

 

“Look at you. The mighty Mary scared of a mortal.”

 

“Uuuuu~ Shut up!~”

 

Mary stood up, composing herself.

 

“Well, whatever, the groundwork has been set. Now I just gotta get my popcorn and watch.”

 

Lucifer stood behind Mary, sighing and shaking his head, while Mary did an unsightly victory dance.

10