Chapter 40: ‘Chapter 1’
456 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

--Sakura's POV--

"Finally...I'm here"

I softly murmured when arriving at the final destination. The house of the main heroine, Hoshiyuki Suiri, was located near the center of Tokyo City. The location was an ideal place to enjoy almost all famous stores and restaurants, with a huge reputation in the recommended guidebook for foreign and domestic tourists. This was definitely the cheat of the daughter of heaven in this world. 

She was born with everything and her career went smoothly without obstacles in the early stage. In short, she had reached the finish line earlier than ordinary people. Like me in the past...Luckily, she didn't suffer from the curse of that so-called 'Genius' with a short life in the happy ending of the game, but unfortunately, it was sad in the bad ending. Hence, my existence was to make sure she didn't get involved in the bad ending but I didn't know how to start from the beginning.

She also had another cheat, making me jealous as an individual woman. Her appearance was a cheat itself...I didn't know why I said that...Perhaps, her appearance brought me a unique feeling of those half-breed people. The nonsense hair color of this world was a huge boost in terms of individual appearance. In 2D solution, Suiri could be said to be a cool heroine but when I took a look from the perspective of real life...Although I just met her once at the party, this was the first time that I had ever yearned for something...

In my previous life, half-breed people from different countries were all like that. They gave us a unique appearance. Her mom's appearance wasn't inferior in the first place. She was a beautiful actress in the past, who caused a huge storm in the Japan Entertainment Industry. The main heroine inherited almost all the best points from her mother from the Russian side mixing perfectly with the Japanese trait of the most well-known CEO of the famous technological company, Hoshiyuki Shiori.

"Geez~"

I just had to sigh at the design of this character. It was so ridiculous.

I was straight.

I was straight.

I was straight.

I once doubted my sexual orientation when I first met her. At that time, I just blamed my little brother...

Coming back to my senses...

I intended to raise my hand to press the bell next to the black gate. However, it stopped mid-way as the nervousness wanted to eat my reasoning ability. This matter related to the future of me...no...it should be us...It couldn't be helped that I was reluctant to do something straightforward.

After everything, I was afraid of making a mistake. Humans couldn't even know what they had done wrong in the past to receive unexpected consequences in the future. My mistake in my past life had cost his life...I didn't want it to happen again...Humans always make a mistake. I knew but I was afraid of the cost. What if I did something wrong? What if Suiri hanged herself in the room with a blood letter?

The bad ending kept popping up in my mind as if it wanted to explode my brain.

The weather was quite cold but it couldn't cool down the heat of the fear...It cost a life, it wasn't a game. I didn't have a button to restart the game. After I died in this world, could I have a third chance? Of course not...I didn't have anything to hold on to or guarantee I would have a chance to fix everything back.

I was transmigrated to this world without god, or any supernatural being guiding me. Just in the blink of an eye, I had woken up as a baby again, which went against my wish to accompany my teacher in the underworld. Wait...Did the underworld exist?

Back to the point...

The current plot was different from what I had known in my previous life. Since I had become Sakura, the plot had already been messed up to the unknown. Why did I say that? In the original plot, the character Suiri was a pure Pianist as I had said before. She was the incarnation of my teacher, the talented Pianist. Although it had been revealed that my teacher could play various instruments after the exposure of the true piece 'Past Life', no one in the musical industry could produce a piece that exceeded his child. Therefore, the studio and author of the novel decided to design her from the pianist's perspective not to destroy the character development. Who could stand a character coming up with an inferior piece? Wasn't it a downgrade? It was complete nonsense and went against the development. In the introduction of the game, to fill that plot hole, they had stated that Suiri could play many instruments as well but the players could only see her playing pianist.

Not to mention, Sakura was a rookie, a blinded note person in the first stage. She was designed as a genius, smart but clumsy girl. It could be said that Sakura was an airhead in the love field as she seduced any heroines unconsciously. It sounded like a succubus...As for myself, I knew my actions and their consequences...I wasn't the original Sakura.

If you listened to Suiri's music in this world, you could sense my teacher's composing style blending in. Even, her songs weren't inferior to his 'Past Life'. No...I couldn't say that...In this world, 'Past Life' belonged to her...not him.

Perhaps, this was the difference between game and reality. Then, how could the villain of the game have the ulterior motive to steal her piece? This was the question that bothered me until now.

Ah...What a headache!

Back to my reality, the Hoshiyuki mansion was quite big. It was even bigger than my current house but it was still smaller than my previous mansion in my past life. It wasn't that I was bragging but I just told you the truth. I wouldn't go into detail about whose house was bigger because it didn't help me to release the anxiousness built in my brain.

It was like a virgin boy had come to his girlfriend's house for the first time. However, it wasn't the point. After all, I had known beforehand about what Suiri's room looked like in front of the computer's screen. Because the game had my family's sponsorship, the graphics of the game were drawn like an anime with a thousand artists supporting this product behind the scenes. This was also the most attractive point about this game.

Many people complained to other studios why they couldn't produce a game with such decent art. Sorry for disappointing you, it was the power of the capitalist. With more money pouring in, you could get a decent art. It was a sad truth like that.

I thought too much and didn't even realize how much time had passed there.

I looked at myself once last time to ensure that I didn't have any flaw or strange thing to ruin my first time meeting her parents.

"You can do it, Kaori"

I encouraged myself by using my name in my past life. After all, I needed the intelligence of the 'Genius' Kaori, not an idiot Sakura in the game.

*Ding dong*

"Good job"

Eventually, I could press the bell. My heartbeat begins to race up like a virgin protagonist. Mah~, I was a virgin until I was dead in my previous life, so this comparison wasn't wrong at the beginning.

Not long after that...

"..."

The security guard finally sighed with relief after realizing I wasn't one of those suspicious people standing in front of the heroine's house like a stalker. Then, he approached me...

"Oujo-chan, I see you standing there for a long time...Do you have an appointment with the Hoshiyuki family?"

He said.

"Yes, I am..."

I nodded repeatedly.

"OK, please show me your ID"

He demanded but I compromised. This was his job after all. I was also used to this procedure when I was an Oujo-sama in my previous life. The richer you are, the more dangerous you have to face. That was why the security job was born to serve many businessmen. Moreover, Shiori-Obaa-san had told me beforehand so...

"Yes, please check carefully"

I handed out my student ID from my previous middle school in Nagoya. There was a reason why I didn't attend the Stardust Academy at the beginning. Before the differentiation, I needed to collect more information about this world. Besides that, I needed to maintain the plotline to keep everything on track.

Yet, this was the reality, not the game...so...Life was full of unknowns.

"Okay, it's done. Otonashi-sama, please come in"

The security Ojii-san nodded his head and invited me in.

The first event of the game was about to happen soon.


'Move in'

This was the name of the game's first chapter of 'Solfachord Melody'. The idiot Sakura would come to the Hoshiyuki mansion to greet the heroine's parents under the disguise 'I took your daughter to live with me in the next three years'.

Sakura Oujo-sama would say something like, 'Let's make a deal. After 3 years, if we find true love, we must speak it out to make our relationship clear at the beginning'; because, in the first chapter, Sakura hasn't loved Suiri yet. She was also stupid when trying to reject Suiri outside. She thought that Suiri deserved someone better than her. As you expected, this was the main heroine with high specs. Although Sakura was quite smart and cute, she was still inferior to the main heroine. Like I said before, the trend of matching the genius and ordinary ones never went old.

"Woaa"

I couldn't help but exclaim emotionally when observing the garden around the Hoshiyuki mansion. A forest of Cherry Blossom trees fluttered under the gentle wind. It was just morning so it highlighted the pink color of those petals under the soft sunlight.

"Hahaha~, you aren't the only one having that expression when seeing this scene for the first time"

Driver Obaa-san spoke to me and laughed.

Because the mansion was a little long, the Hoshiyuki family used a golf buggy to move and drive in the mansion.

"It could be one of the wonders, couldn't it?"

I talked to her.

"Hahaha~, don't be so exaggerated~But if it was for Japan only, it would be definitely on the list"

She said while joking on the way.

But I could see her proud face about this massive pink forest. Perhaps, she must have been one of those who took care of this cherry blossom forest.

"Obaa-san, what's this place used for?"

I caught a glimpse of a white building near the center of the forest. I asked out of curiosity because I wasn't omnipotent enough to know all the details through the screen.

"Oh, that building...It was built for our second Oujo-sama, helping her have the mood to compose a new song or something..."

She said hesitantly and our car just passed that area. It seemed that she didn't even know clearly about that place.

"Hmm..."

Suiri also had another place to work and enjoy music beside her room, huh? This was new...In game, players didn't have a chance to explore the Hoshiyuki mansion.

I would go to that place if I found a chance in the future after getting along with Suiri.

"It's there, Otonashi-sama"

Obaa-san spoke to me to state that I had arrived at the mansion of the Hoshiyuki family.

"Thank you, Obaa-san"

I thanked her out of politeness and got off the golf buggy.

"Hahaha~Please have fun here~"

"I'll go back to my job"

Obaa-san said so and drove the car away.

"Oh, welcome there, Otonashi-san"

A middle-aged woman's voice gently entered my ears. Her voice was extremely mature, and I couldn't even catch up with this temperament with the cheat of my past life.

An adult version of Hoshiyuki Suiri, the main heroine of the game, was standing at the door and waiting for me. 

*Guh*

I couldn't compare to her even with my past life appearance. I meant that place completely trampled my dignity as a woman. Therefore, I could only comfort myself that she had children so it could be big...

She was one of Suiri's cheat codes in this life. By being blessed by her appearance, Suiri's profile had always been out of the realm with her half-breed blood flowing in her vein. 

There were many heroines as well, but they couldn't overcome the appearance of the mixed-blood person.

Not to be impolite by staring at someone's chest, I immediately gave a greeting back.

"Hello, Mrs. Hoshiyuki-san..."

Damm...I was nervous as hell. How could the idiot Sakura have such a natural conversation in the game? Of course, players just needed to choose a dialogue option on the screen. Yet, this was a reality so I didn't have any dialogue option to optimize my benefit. Moreover, I couldn't even see the favorability bar to understand the emotions of these characters like in the game.

"Hehe~, don't be nervous, I won't eat you or anything like that"

Mrs. Hoshiyuki smiled gently while waving her white hair.

My image of an adult working in society through 24 years had been crumbled. My mental age and my real age in my previous life combined could be said to be the same age as hers. We should have been a peer instead.

"Ah, I'm sorry for being nervous"

I patted my moderate chest to clam down.

She said nothing but let out a beautiful smile. I knew it was just a business smile because I had seen it a lot in my previous world.

"Don't worry~ Please, come in"

She said so but her eyes constantly scanned me, my action, expression, and even etiquette. As if she wanted to penetrate into my brain to read me, this was the power of experienced people, wasn't it?

"Yes, madam"

She welcomed me in and took me to the house. 

Step by step, no one took the initiative to talk first. Her eyes were always fixed on me, not leaving me any second.

I had to swim my eyes around to scan the house of the main heroine awkwardly. What did you expect me to speak? I had to pretend that I didn't notice her speculating gaze.

"..."

"So, how do you feel about her~, Otonashi-san?"

She asked on the way after a brief silence. The atmosphere became a little bit heavier than normal. Despite knowing that my hearing wasn't wrong, there was a little pressure to exclude from her atmosphere.

It couldn't be helped...Her daughter was a gifted child and suddenly someone wanted to take her away from her hand...If I were in her parent's position, I would also be reluctant and anxious about somebody popping out of nowhere.

 "Hmm...After meeting her once, I couldn't tell the person. However, on my first impression, she was quite cool, beautiful, and friendly. She must have a lot of friends in school"

This was my impression when I met her at the party. Even in the game, she also had a circle of friends with other heroines.

"*Puff*"

"..."

She suddenly spit and covered her mouth. Like she tried to hold back her laughter. Did I say something wrong? According to the game's script, this was also my impression of the character 'Suiri'.

"Sorry, sorry..."

"You can continue"

She waved her hand awkwardly and said.

"Umm...That's all, madam. If I knew her longer, I could tell you more..."

They were all the best answers I could come up with.

"I see..."

She murmured and nodded in understanding, even though I didn't know what her thoughts were.

Soon, we arrived at the door of Suiri's room.

"Otonashi-san, there is something I need to tell you...and her"

*Click*

Mrs. Hoshiyuki-san opened the door at the same time she spoke. Instead of the anticipation of looking at her room from a real-life perspective, what attracted me was the blonde figure lying on the bed.

What was this feeling? Disappointment? I didn't know...I felt complicated by seeing this girl lying on Suiri's bed so naturally like her home. 

In the game, this girl had the advantage of a semi-childhood sweetheart of the main heroine. Even though she was a former heroine in the novel of the author, this girl's appearance was also quite good.

"Ara~, Char-chan, where is Sui-chan?"

Mrs. Hoshiyuki-san asked Shinonawa-san.

"She...She's bathing"

And then, she immediately stuttered.

This behavior...She must have done something wrong. Her hair was a little disheveled, her outfit was full of wrinkle, and Suiri was bathing. Did I watch too much H manga to understand the situation?

"Eh? Strange~ Didn't she just bathe in this morning?"

Mrs. Hoshiyuki remembered something and pondered with her hand. The face of the former heroine turned pale instantly.

Definitely...

There was something wrong.

There must be something wrong happened in this room. One Alpha and one Omega in the same room...

"What have you done, blondie?"

I didn't know what was the feeling inside my chest...I couldn't forgive anyone daring to harm her, including the former heroine. At least, if you wanted to be with Suiri, you had to show your qualifications so that I could feel peace of mind after handing her to you. Suiri was under my protection. I wouldn't allow this alpha to taint her.

"I didn't do anything. Why do you ask that?"

She retorted back. As expected of those adolescent children, I knew she had done something without turning back. Thinking back, I couldn't hand Suiri to those unstable factors like this.

"Don't you know that staring intensely like that is impolite, Otonashi-san?"

She found a chance to attack me back but it was just a child's trick.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Your behavior just now was a little suspicious...And there is a red mark under your nose"

According to my observation, this girl's biopsychology was quite weak. Nose bleed could only occur to some particular patients, but it was also applied to some perverts. If I remember correctly, Shinonawa was a M girl...

Geez~

Suiri's life was indeed miserable when having such a pervert as her friend.

"Mah~, Mah~, you two...Thanks for coming there to help her move, so stop this unnecessary conflict, please"

Mrs. Hoshiyuki realized our tension so she decided to step in to stop us. No one wanted to make an enemy out of nowhere. If we had a conflict, her daughter would be the victim. It couldn't be helped...

"Nee~Char-chan, do you have a problem with your health today? Your nose bled a lot?"

Mrs. Hoshiyuki directly confirmed my guess. Sure enough, this blondie...Pervert couldn't be cured.

"No...It's not...It's just..."

Shinonawa wanted to retort but she couldn't even find a reasonable excuse.

And then, Suiri's mom approached Shinonawa and whispered something. The blondie's face turned bright red after hearing her whisper.

Again...This unknown feeling inside my chest...It was like I was left out of the conversation.

I hated this feeling somehow.

Geez~ after all, Shinonawa had the cheat of being Suiri's semi-childhood friend. Therefore, Mrs. Hoshiyuki was willing to trust someone closer than a stranger like me.

"..."

The rose pheromone suddenly exposed, as if it was trying to reject Mrs. Hoshiyuki's speech.

Oh my adolescence.

"Pervert"

I commented unconsciously. To be honest, this girl's reaction wasn't different from a boy in my previous life. In thousands of suitors chasing me in my past life, some people acted like this girl, a virgin boy interacting with a girl for the first time. I meant it wasn't a bad reaction or I hated it, but it would expose your ugliest to the other party. If it weren't for the appearance or background of the Shinonawa girl, her reaction would become extremely rude and disgusting.

I had to adjust my goal after interacting with this former heroine. She didn't deserve Suiri...

"Are you saying that you also didn't have any sexual desire?!!"

Shinonawa gave me a surprised counterattack, but you should never mess with 24 years of experience as an adult like me.

"I have...But I didn't show it in front of others like you"

Yeah, what did you expect me to answer? I had even read 18+ material without caring about the eyes of outsiders. My age was legal in the first place. 24 > 18, okay?

I even knew how to release my sexual desire with my hands 'academically'.

"Hahaha~ It's a joke...But it's normal to have that kind of desire. There is no shame in hiding it"

Mrs. Hoshiyuki-san's sweats broke out when she knew the topic was going to change into a field that students of our age shouldn't know.

We also stopped unnecessary fights.

"Otonashi-san, and Char-chan, please take a seat"

"..."

Mrs. Hoshiyuki used the address reasonably but I felt at a loss. Wasn't it declaring that I was still a stranger? I could see the face of blondie growing smug while gazing toward me and even ridiculing me.

She was still a child after all. I, an adult, wouldn't mind some mindless fight like this.

I ignored Shinonawa's gaze and sat down on the Japanese table in Suiri's room.

Finally, I had time to observe Suiri's room again...What a magnificent place. After watching for a long time...I realized the problem...

'Isn't it my teacher's ideal room!????'

I hated to yell in my mind. Coincidence, coincidence again, and another coincidence. There wouldn't be any coincidence in this world.

According to the room of 'Suiri's' in-game, her room was quite feminine and had a lot of plushie toys. Her favorite color was pink to indicated that she was a warm-hearted woman in private. However, there was no such thing in her current room.

"Ah, Kaori-chan, I wished that I will live in a room surrounded by musical instruments. Piano, guitar, drum, shamisen,...every musical instrument in this world belonged to me ~hehe~ There is no need to decorate something flashy or romantic...They are just enough"

His voice echoed in my mind.

Calm down, Kaori...She wouldn't be...him...right?

"Okay, let's talk when Sui-chan isn't here"

Mrs. Hoshiyuki slurped the tea from her cup gracefully.

"Happy New Year, Char-chan, Otonashi-san"

Oh...I forgot that New Year's Eve was still there. Mrs. Hoshiyuki said so and handed me and Shinonawa a red envelope. With us, money wasn't a thing but this was a traditional job to give luck, so we accepted it.

"Happy New Year, Mrs. Hoshiyuki-san"

I bowed my head and gave a congratulation as well. However, my head just wanted me to bang straight into the bathroom to make Suiri give a satisfied answer. Thinking back, wouldn't she say I was crazy? What would I say? Wouldn't she think of me as a crazy woman by saying that I was from another world and your room was like my teacher in my previous life and were you him?

"Happy New Year, Natasha-Obaa-sama"

Shinonawa also did back.

"Okay, don't need to be so formal. Then, let me get straight to the point"

"Please, take good care of her through 3 years. I know there is only one of you guys chosen by her. I just hope that you guys will get along with my daughter no matter what. This arrangement involves political marriage so I can't help it"

"I just want Sui-chan to live a happy life without worrying about anything. You know that she has been afraid of relationships since a child..."

Mrs. Hoshiyuki said without a breath as she stated her opinion honestly. Nevertheless, I caught the main point immediately unlike the person of this world, Shinonawa Charlotte. Suiri was afraid of relationships!? 

In the game design, we didn't know her past clearly. The reason why she was emotionless was still unknown in the game.

"Excuse me, can I know the reason why she is like that?"

I asked straight to the point. My reason told me that if I could get this answer, my long-lost dream would come back to me.

I didn't know why it said that way but I couldn't suppress this excitement.

"Until she trusts you, she will give you the answer...I can't expose it without her permission...I'm sorry about that"

Mrs. Hoshiyuki-san apologetically said.

Of course, it wasn't easy in the first place. In the first chapter of the game, this kind of information didn't even get mentioned in those dialogues. I had doubted that I was reincarnated into another world which was similar to the game I knew. 

"I understood"

I nodded my head. Right now, I couldn't suppress the urge to corner Suiri into the corner to interrogate her.

"Ah...um...Everyone is here?"

When I just thought about her, she had appeared after opening the bathroom door.

She was in a black sweater and a pair of white long pants. The dark color upside couldn't hide her voluptuous figure. Damm, I was jealous but wanted to ask her 'Are you Haruto?'.

However, if I spoke like that, I would definitely be brought to a mental hospital.

Or was she just designed closest to Haruto-sensei? Did I overthink the problem? Calm down, Kaori...Just because she was alike, she wasn't Haruto.

"Ah hum...Sui-chan, I have something and need to talk with these two girls. Can you go to Rei's room and play with her to kill time?"

Ah...What a disappointment. It seemed that Mrs. Hoshiyuki had something to tell us. All events today were different from the game I played. 

"Yes"

"Hello, Otonashi-san"

"And...Charlotte..."

She greeted us quickly and didn't even take a glance at me. Oh, I forgot to mention, there was a character sister to be a supporting character to promote the relationships between Sakura and Suiri.

Her face was still emotionless as I couldn't even read her thoughts. Suiri, what was your past to make you afraid of a relationship? At first, I didn't understand why Suiri's mom laughed in the lobby. Then, I understood...A girl being afraid of relationships...How could she have many friends? It was so embarrassing.

Being confident with the information of the game, I got carried away.

With that, Suiri sneaked away quickly like a thief.

"..."

I didn't know what to say about this girl. Her behavior just now was a little suspicious.

"Okay, now, the rule when you guys live with her"

"First, no sex or overboard intimation until you get engaged successfully and confirm your relationship with her clearly"

"Do you understand?"

Mrs. Hoshiyuki smiled calmly but her eyes didn't. At this moment, I knew her sentence was serious. This first rule...I quite agreed with her. By the way, I was the woman who considered sex as a sacred act between lovers. I knew that in society, there was something called 'Friend with benefit', they used sex to pleasure themselves. I didn't mean to judge those people. This was their decision so I didn't have the right to judge.

As expected of me, I guessed right when looking at the former heroine. The two big words 'Guilty conscience' were clearly written on her face.

She must have done something wrong, making Suiri have to bathe again.

"Oi, blondie, did you spit blood on her clothes?"

I whispered.

"Hya~"

She was completely exposed, huh?

Children are still children.

"Yeah, we know, madam"

I turned my head back to Suiri's mom and let out a friendly smile.

"Hehe~Since the two of you understood the field of the adult world. It's easier for me to speak"

Mrs. Hoshiyuki smiled and said.

She must have been scared of her daughter being conquered by committing sexual art. Suiri was also the same woman as me...If love was involved in sex earlier, it couldn't be called love. It was just a need, a human's need.

"You know, my wife Shiori is wonderful, even in bed"

Mrs. Hoshiyuki suddenly hugged her face and threw a bomb.

"???"

"???"

Not only I but also the Shinonawa girl had question marks on our faces.

Could I hear it for free? Suddenly, I was bragged and shown off by this mature woman.

"Just as you think, my libido is quite high"

No, I didn't even think of this problem in my brain. Besides that, don't speak casually like this.

"I'm afraid my daughter, who is still pure, will engage in such a field in the future and can't hold herself back"

"You know that she had inherited almost my appearance so it won't be strange if she inherited my libido as well"

"..."

SO...This was the problem that you were worried about...

Why didn't you say that at the beginning? Wait a minute...Even though it sounded wrong at first, it was still reasonable.

There is a beginning, there is an end.

Was Mrs. Hoshiyuki also one of the comedians? But your joke was too dirty.

Soon, she said and explained various rules for us to follow. 

Was Suiri that kind of person? I wouldn't believe it.

"What!? You don't believe me?"

Mrs. Hoshiyuki-san suddenly dissatisfied with our expression...After all, my impression of Suiri was all the same as Shinonawa...Suiri was a kind, warm-hearted girl. We didn't believe she was the kind of person, who could easily fall like women in H manga in my previous life. They were willing to betray their husbands, boyfriends, and even families to sleep with others.

Then...

*Ding Ding Ding*

A phone call came from Mrs. Hoshiyuki's pocket.

"Sorry, I need to hear the phone"

We also nodded and waited for her to finish the talk.

"Moshi moshi...heh~, um...I knew...I have guests at home...Wait for me by then...This problem isn't big...Um...Um...Bye bye"

After the conversation was over, she handed us the screen phone.

"See...When I said so, you all didn't believe me, she seemed to force a Gyaru kneeling under her feet now"

Mrs. Hoshiyuki-san's face went smug.

"???"

"???"

Suiri...What had you done...to have this kind of mother? Was it considered an achievement that you were proud of, Suiri's mom? This was your daughter on the hot news! Bad news to be exact!!

17