Chapter 0: Prolouge
3.9k 5 96
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Finally, it’s over”

Now, my f*cking chaotic life has come to an end. From the outsider’s point of view, it may be a stupid ending for a loser, but in the insider’s POV, it became a cruel ending.

For a victim like myself, this was the only way to escape the reality having no place for me.

This was what I had thought at the last moment of my life.

The water slowly changed from a gentle touch to an aggressive attack. It penetrated inside my body, my lung as it occupied all the oxygen in it. My throat opened wildly as water began to flow over to fill any empty position. I didn’t know if it was illusion. Because I could see the death god standing aside and waiting for me.

He had a black hood rope with a notebook in his hand. He wore a skull mask and equipped the ominous scythe as a symbol shouting ‘I’m Death God’

He should have received an order from the underworld to take me away.

I knew I started drowning.

I knew I would die later.

I knew I would go to the underworld.

And the one, who sent me to the death god, is no one other than my best friend.

Tetsuya Yuu.

Why? Why did you treat me like this? You took away my untold love crush, but YOU didn’t satisfy enough.

You had to steal away my career too?

I’d done nothing wrong. I didn’t have any sin to judge. I treated you as a best friend, but looking at the situation happening, I should call you beast.

Animals can’t compare to you because it will slander them.

However, you could turn me into a sinner, ruin my life, steal everything from me…

What would I do so that you could spare your hand from me?

Why did I have to ask when I knew your answer already? I was so stupid. My sincerity had fed to the dog all the time.

The pair of masculine hands pressed my head and body down to the pool. It seemed that this time, you would take my life away.

Death God, Please take me away. I wanted to escape this cruel reality of my life.

The black hair big black-haired boy murmured with a hint of madness in his grin.

“Sorry, Haruto, I don’t want you to reveal that I’m your plagiarist”

“I don’t want to lose my career”

“This is the only way now. You need to bear the label “plagiarist” for the rest of your life in this world”

The more he said, the stronger his hand pressed down. He wanted his prey completely dead. All of this was for his blooming life.

“For my sake”

The muffled sound resounded to the underwater. Unfortunately, the victim couldn’t hear it because they were busy struggling.

What was he talking about? Eh, my body… It gradually lost its strength… I couldn’t continue to struggle anymore. I had struggled enough in my life. No more fight, no more betrayal, no more fragile trust.

The memory from childhood to now had replayed through my mind.

My happiness, and fun together with my best friend, lovely family, my secret crush, all made a straight turn to the tragic ending.

I received endless disgusting gazes, and distrustful faces of my loved ones. They pointed at me and told me that I was a plagiarist of my own creation. How ridiculous it was. No single one was willing to believe me. How vulnerable trust could be.

My best friend not only stole my crush, but also my mental children. My best piece of music. “Zense”

Ahh, I wanted to hear it once last time before I left.

At least in music, they were honest and loyal to me. It was just that the people like Tetsuya had ruined this masterpiece. He copied but didn’t fully exploit their full potential.

It would become an incomplete piece forever. The child wouldn’t grow up. This was my only regret.

When the melody stopped in my head, the darkness gradually surrounded my vision as my breath got weaker and weaker. Soon, I lost completely my control over my body.

Death God, you were here. Life of humanity, how short it was.

Finally, I could escape this mortal world. I wondered if my ‘distrustful’ parents would do a funeral for me. My sister and crush. Nah. They obviously hated me from the bone.

I won’t give my trust easily to anyone in the future. If I have my next life, I wish that you won’t run the old path like me. I wish you will complete my child in another world. I wish there is someone, who is willing to love you wholeheartedly. It’s just simple like that.

As if I have an illusion, the Death God simply nods his head at me.

The next moment, everything went dark. It was like I was transported to the void. I couldn’t see anything.

I didn’t know how long it was. I counted and counted, but soon I lost my interest. I began to play my piece once again. I hummed in my mind.

Suddenly, I felt something pulling my feet.

Yeah, hey, wait a minute…My feet? Didn’t I die? Why did I feel my feet again?

The next moment, I could feel my body being dragged out forcefully.

The surrounding was blurred, I couldn’t see anything as the light strongly penetrated through my eyes.

“Congratulations, Madam, she is a healthy baby girl”

“Let me see my child”

I could feel my body handing over the woman just spoke now.

Eh, was I reborn?

Let me arrange the situation first. It seemed that I somehow got reincarnated as a baby like some trending light novels. Or Death God sympathized with me and granted me the wishes at the last moment of my last life. He gave me a second chance.

“Nurse, how is Natasha now?”

The voice of a woman somehow was anxious. She was obviously worried about the woman named Natasha.

“Don’t worry, both mother and child are safe and sound”

“She just needed to rest”

“Привет дорогой”

(Hello, sweetheart)

The woman, who was hugging me, gently spoke in a foreign language. It’s obviously not Japanese. Which language was that? However, I could sense loving and gentleness in her tone.

Then, the woman called out to Natasha also replied in that alien language.

I got puzzled, but soon, it became a lullaby for my tiredness from my past life.

Death God, thank you for a second chance.

‘But why am I BABY GIRL!!!??!!!’

96