Chapter 19: Oblivious summer
1.1k 8 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just in the blink of an eye, the Monday of the following week had arrived as the season officially welcomed the name 'Summer'. The number 3 or March on the calendar evolved forward to the number 4 and changed its name again, April.

The weather began to show its fierce side when the temperature around the environment reached an average between 32 and 35 degrees Celcius. Their abnormality was hard to guard against because you couldn't know whether it would rain or not. The crickets had awakened from their deep sleep from hibernation and showed their existence by their unique chirping sound which you could only find in the summer.

The borderline between heaven and hell began to form its existence but was fragile and thin. It just only narrowed the distance when you stepped out of your home. At home, it was heaven due to convenience tools to cool your body while the outside would burn you to death without mercy.

Fortunately, the Stardust Academy also designed three sets of uniforms for a season change. The formal one, the winter uniform, and of course, the summer uniform.

Suiri stood in front of her full-length mirror. Her maid prepared for her outer appearance. Moreover, today was the first day of her performance in front of the whole Academy and got a live broadcast so she needed to be invested in her appearance.

Her expression was a bit complicated when looking in the mirror.

'How!? Why are the clothes so thin!!!?'

Suiri didn't expect that the summer uniform of the Stardust Academy could be THIN enough to be transparent and others could see the content inside.

"Anou, Mitsugu-san, can you have a way to hide from this transparent uniform? Outsiders almost see the whole thing"

Tokino Mitsugu was a female beta who had been working as the personal maid of Hoshiyuki Suiri for more than 7 years. She had received this job when she just graduated from high school so her age was just in the middle of her twenties. She had taken care of Suiri since she entered kindergarten. The two had an unspeakable relationship like the plastic sisters. Her appearance was good-looking for a range of ordinary people. 

Mitsugu heard Suiri speak. She couldn't help but roll her eyes angrily.

"Oujo-sama, you're too reserved"

It was just the hem of her white underwear revealing a little to the outside. Besides that, your figure was so good, why did you have to hide it? If you wanted to hide, just cut off those two watermelons.

Mitsugu was very frustrated.

Her underwear was designed for the people of G-Cup so it was denser and larger as well. With the thin summer uniform, revealing like this was normal. Nothing's special at all. Plus, the temperament, figure, and her Oujo-sama's face didn't get the impression of lewdness for her body in the slightest but sexiness to be exact.

Mitsugu wished that she could have such a figure as her Oujo-sama to show off but couldn't.

Yet, this girl was trying to hide it like hiding gold. However, she was not surprised. After all, she had been with her for 7 years.

"Eh?"

 'Why do you scold me? Wearing like this is almost naked, isn't it?'

Suiri retorted in her mind but didn't know how to answer.

Mitsugu was combing her hair into the half-haired style and replied.

"No 'eh', listen to me, your appearance had been already good, no need to cover and hide"

"But..."

"No 'but'"

"Um..."

Mitsugu one step ahead prevented this girl from doing anything not necessary. She was pleased with her final form for her Oujo-sama. She couldn't allow Suiri who had no common sense or fashionable taste to change it. The only regret would be that she couldn't do the makeup job for her Oujo-sama. According to the instruction of Madam Natasha, Oujo-sama's skin was still young and developing. Applying makeup would harm her in the future instead. Nonetheless, without makeup, Oujo-sama's raw face was enough to make countless people fall.

"Sui-chan, have you done?~"

An energetic but mature voice entered the room.

"Mom, don't get too excited"

Suiri looked at the white-haired woman carrying a high-end camera and wearing sunglasses with a helpless face. As for the reason she was called wife by the whole network, of course, Natasha manipulated it behind the scenes due to her actress's experience. A woman was once known with a thousand masks in the entertainment industry.

She once said to her ["Isn't it good? They can only call you a wife but not be able to do anything to you at all"] and her expression seemed to see it as something normal. It was like she had done it countless times which made Suiri have something to say but keep silent.

Her mother had such a bad taste. Suiri had guessed that her other mom Shiori was a fish that got caught by Natasha's net.

"Hehe~, I'm responsible for your memoir, right?"

"This is your first performance in the new genre which is expected by many people"

"My daughter is so good... Just like her mother when she was still young"

Natasha said with a reminiscent look on her face.

"..."

"???"

Suiri's face was strange.

'Do you praise me? Or you praise yourself?'

"Yes, yes, yes"

Suiri replied perfunctorily.

"Sui-chan, no fun at all~"

Natasha pouted her cheeks childishly. 

'Look at your age again~'

Suiri wanted to speak like that but she didn't have any courage. Like in the previous world, whenever you touch the age of women, you have to pay the price.

"Oujo-sama, we've done"

Mitsugu finished her job splendidly and nodded satisfyingly when she saw the final result.

The mini version of Natasha was in the summer uniform which made Natasha remember herself in the past. Unlike a pair of high socks as usual, Suiri wore a pair of short socks just higher than the ankle. With the hot and muggy weather, wearing high socks wasn't different from self-destruction so the pair of white and plump legs which were always hiding in the black socks exposed themself to the outside completely.

The skirt had reduced its length above the knee which made Suiri mind it from time to time. To be honest, Suiri also liked girls wearing short skirts but when she was the one who wore it, she felt uncomfortable all the time.

"You worked hard, Mitsugu-san"

"You're welcome, Oujo-sama"

Mitsugu replied formally.

"Oh my, oh my, you're so gorgeous, Sui-chan"

Natasha praised.

The cold face without any emotion was equipped with dedicated features inherited from her and Shiori. The temperament was strong and mature which made others think that her daughter had to be more than 18 years old. Her figure was the embodiment of sexual appeal. If she smiled more, Natasha was afraid that many greedy people would cause trouble and want to abduct her daughter. 

Suiri was awkward and didn't know how to react. Being praised like this made her happy inside. No human could resist others admiring their appearance. Suiri was no exception.

Hence, Suiri could only change the topic.

"Mom, it's time to go"

"..."

Natasha didn't reply but stared at Suiri. Her eyes tried to catch the thought of Suiri but Suiri's eyes dodged and swam away as soon as they met her. She knew Suiri was embarrassed by her praise.

"Fu~, fu~, all right, all right"

"Let's go!!!"

Natasha raised her hand excitedly and urged Suiri to go to school. After all, she didn't want to expose her tsundere daughter. Obviously, you liked it very much but you acted as if nothing happened.

"..."

'Why do you get excited more than me?'. Suiri commented in her heart.

"Yes"

After that Natasha pushed Suiri to the family's car and went to school; naturally, the driver this time was Hoshiyuki Shiori. Whenever Suiri had a big event, Shiori would manage her schedule to have time with her children. As for Maria, Uncle Fugaku had driven her to school ahead of time to prepare the stage for Suiri and work as a slave for Principal Juvia.


"I together with your mom go to the principal's office first, you go to prepare with your bandmates"

Shiori arranged and said to Suiri.

"Yes"

Suiri nodded her head and headed to the main soul-building of the school to prepare for her performance. 

The members didn't change much, her two teachers, Charlotte, and Tenonji-senpai. However, Kobayashi-sensei and Shimori-sensei only acted as temporary members because the stage should only be left for the younger generation instead of the old ones.

"Mizuno-san, you know what to do right?"

Shiori turned her gaze to the red-haired woman.

"Yes, Madam"

Sasaki obeyed and followed Suiri behind.

Watching Suiri's figure disappearing little by little with the Mizuno girl, Natasha sighed and said.

"Babe, she's grown up so fast"

"Yeah"

Shiori nodded in agreement.

"But it's too unstable"

With Suiri's protective ice wall toward outsiders and avoiding everyone like a plague, Natasha was worried very much.

"What if she can't find a partner?"

Shiori's face darkened.

"No, she will be fine even if she doesn't have one"

Shiori smiled and said it as if it was an obvious truth.

How could she let an unknown person snatch away her little cabbage? Her daughter was too good and she found that no alpha could match with her including the genius girl of the Minamoto family.

"You..."

Natasha was speechless. Asking her wife was like questioning her knee. You doted on her too much. In every aspect, Shiori could be described as a perfect woman and also a mother. That was why Natasha fell in love with her in the first place. However, when they had children, Shiori began to change and transform herself into a daughter slave. She had excessive reactions when Natasha mentioned the marriage of Suiri.

"What? You what?"

"Our family is enough to support her to the old age. No problem at all"

Shiori asked innocently as if she had nothing wrong.

"..."

'No problem...A hammer'

Natasha felt that her lover's brain circuit had a hole in it. No doubt that Shiori was a devoted daughter slave. She was somehow jealous of how Suiri stole the attention of her wife. However, looking at reality, wasn't it the drama of bird cage? Were you planning for your daughter not to have any partner in the future?

"Fine, today is a big day for our daughter, you may be forgiven once"

Natasha remembered this vengeance. In the future, she would pay back a hundred times. She was afraid that Shiori would become a dry corpse.

It was not that she was really angry with Shiori but Shiori's attitude would affect her child's life if she interfered too much. This was the official reason for Natasha to have a conflicted opinion with Shiori. Looking at the drama on the TV, she also once acted as a rebellious child to pursue true love in a certain movie so Natasha knew the mentality and the psychology of children when their parents interfered in their life and decided their destinies. Nevertheless, Shiori didn't let Suiri go out of her embrace and supported the icy cold Suiri toward outsiders.

Shiori shuddered involuntarily as if she sensed something bad, but when she looked at a gentle smile of Natasha, she knew that she would have to coax her. Otherwise, her kidney would suffer.

Was it already late?

"I'm wrong, but I will dar...not dare next time"

Shiori begged with tears in her eyes. Her expression as a dominating Alpha was no longer there. The red-eye pupils were full of water. Shiori's expression suddenly changed into an extremely pitiful state like some children suffered from being wrong.

"???"

Hey, give back my cool and reliable wife. Not this pitiful puppy. Can I refund? 

Natasha was helpless with the childish Shiori. After being together for so many years, she also understood Shiori the best. She would act like a baby with her to beg for forgiveness.

"Hah~"

"All right, let's go to the principal's office"

Natasha sighed and finally let Shiori slip away.

The two hand in hand walked to the office of Juvia.


"Hey, I can be wrong but why does the school seem to be more crowded than usual?"

Many students had the same question in their heads when they saw many outsiders coming to their school.

"It seems to be so"

Another student agreed.

There was a group of people heading to the main building for a school meeting with cameras in their hands.

"Huh? What are the reporters of the famous social media Asahi doing here?"

"I have no idea"

*Ding Dong*

"All students, please gather in the main hall to attend the weekly school meeting"

"Repeat one more time"

"All students, please gather in the main hall to attend the weekly school meeting"

"Over"

Hanayama finished his announcement in the Student Council room through the speaker.

Today was exceptionally busy because of a certain girl from the Hoshiyuki family.

Principal Juvia wanted to use Suiri's image to be the spokesperson for the new system of the school. Coincidentally, Suiri intended to change her style and genre of music as well, so the whole live broadcast of the Rock performance this morning would be used to be an example of which the school provided the stage freely for students to show off and was a place for talent to develop.

With the new setting for the school meeting on every beginning day of the week, the school would have artistic programs for students to perform whether it was music, storytelling, or drama instead of a one-sided lullaby of the Principal or the President of the Student Council.

It happened that the Suiri's group was the pioneer or he should say a tester for this reformed setting.

As for the famous media company Asahi, they wanted to hunt for the news of Suiri in rock & roll. Would she succeed in bringing the new wind to the music industry? Or would it be her first fall?

In his opinion, they just wanted to capture this girl's beauty to attract viewers as the main point, but this was a special case. That was right. This girl finally used her own voice as a spice for her piece.

From the beginning of her career, this was the first time she would open her mouth and let her voice be her melody. This case must be the best thing attracting social media.

"My cute slav... Vice-President, it's time to work"

"Let's go downstairs"

Maria just came back to invite her free labor.

The main hall for school meetings occupied the lower stairs while the the room of the Student Council was above it.

"..."

Hanayama's face couldn't be uglier because, in the other party's eyes, he had become a free tool man.

"Since when had I been your slave?"

Maria chuckled and said righteously.

"What're you talking about? How can I, Maria, the heiress of the Hoshiyuki family do that to you?"

"..."

Hanayama felt grievance.

"Hurry up, hurry up, you will make me miss 1 millisecond of my sister"

Maria urged and didn't care how Hanayama felt.

But Hanayama knew the mood of Maria...

In fact, he also had a feminine sister but didn't suffer the same illness as Maria. Next year, she would differentiate her gender and attend this school as well. Hopefully, she would have a happy school life and he made sure that it would happen.

"Okay..."


Inside the main hall for school meetings.

Juvia was giving a speech.

"Young masters and young ladies, I know all of you have specific status, whether it was superior or not. I can't allow you to use the influence of your family to manipulate the school to whatever you like"

"The former principal had dragged this prestigious school as your 'filthy' ground play for many years"

"From now on, if you trample others or violate the rules to the extreme, even your parents being Minister of the country won't save you"

"I hope you can develop your mindset and know what is right from wrong"

"..."

The speech continued as Juvia announced the news of rules and settings. In addition, she popularized how you would associate with someone from the commoner's family in the future. After all, the first patch of students from commoner families would attend the school after this summer and slowly integrate into the academy.

"As long as you maintain healthy competition and respect each other no matter status, the school will even support you to do that"

"Do you understand?"

"YES!!!"

The students sitting below replied at the same time. Juvia nodded satisfyingly. She hoped that what she'd said today wouldn't go from the left ear to the right ear.

"All right, the school also gives opportunities for all of you so that you can show off your sub-talent besides studies"

"Wow~!!!"

"Wuhuu~"

"But..."

"You aren't allowed to ignore your study~"

Juvia reminded.

"Yeah!!"

"Juvia-sensei, awesome!!"

"I knew it when I saw the speakers placed there"

"Does it mean that some students are going to perform on the stage right there?"

"Wait...Reporters from Asahi right there, the news of a certain girl changing genre, then musical instruments, and the speakers...Don't tell me..."

Juvia continued.

"In every school meeting, there will be artistic programs. If you want to prove yourself in front of the school, please contact the President of the Student Council Hoshiyuki Maria"

"For now, I will leave the stage for the Rock research club, Yume ni sake"

Then, the outstanding figure of a white-haired with blue color woman stepped on the stage with the guitar. Following behind was the blond-haired twin drill woman and the two teachers from the first year. The purple-haired woman holding a violin and a bass also came up.

The students below the stage exploded completely. As for those who are fans of Suiri, they cheered up for her instantly. For a deaf tone group, they also showed curious looks. The hidden anti-fans didn't show much expression.

Suiri on the stage helped her bandmates adjust and prepare the musical instruments. She tuned the bass for Tenonji-senpai and the electric guitar for herself. The rest were all professionals so they didn't need her help much. Suiri was surprised by the genius Miwako, she learned the most basic of the bass in a short of time. Originally, Miwako didn't touch the bass at all until joining the club.

On the other hand...

Akane couldn't believe she picked up the guitar once again but looking at the attentive face of Suiri, her expression softened.

Misa also tuned her drum on the stage. She was so excited to perform this song.

Charlotte prepared her piano and made sure that nothing bad would happen

The group roles consisted of Suiri, sub-guitarist/vocalist, Akane, main guitarist, Charlotte, keyboardist, Miwako, violinist/bassist, and Misa, drummer.

Soon, everyone in the position had done in the preparation stage as they had practiced together for 4 consecutive days.

The cameras of the reporters and the Hoshiyuki couple from the sideline aimed at the stage while Maria and Hanayama recorded it on their phones. 

Suiri spoke.

"This is the first time of our club performance, please enjoy our play"

Then, she bowed her head to show politeness. Her movements were all smooth because this wasn't the first time she played in front of many people.

Yume ni sake people nodded at each other to signal to begin their performance.

Misa used her drumsticks and clapped them together.

"3, 2,1! GO"

Tenonji Miwako showed off her violin skills according to the arranged notes of Suiri. To be honest, she was addicted to this melody. It was a pity that it could last only 4 seconds at the start and 3 seconds at the end.

"♫~♫~~~~♫"

Then, it was Suiri's turn to begin the melody of the guitar.

Her voice took off.

"♫ Why is there such a nostalgic feeling when smelling the aroma of rain? ♫"

"♫ Why does my heart flutter when the summer is coming?♫"

"♫ Who can tell me why I have these feelings about such a normal thing?♫"

"♫ Can it be I may forget something important?♫"

Akane and Misa began their parts.

"♫Under the tall tree, the 'me' in the past suddenly appeared"

"♫ The silhouette seemed to want to convey something♫"

Charlotte also did her micro piano as the theme.

"♫The string of tedious days ended as I found myself in the unfamiliar world♫"

Her voice was extremely soft but painful as hell like some child suffering.

"♫Sensei, I have a question about life♫"

♫ What will I do with the path ahead?♫"

♫Can you make me breathe easier with the unknown future?♫"

♫Or you say no one can answer that♫"

♫ Even the 'me' in the past had died because of suffering♫"

Then, the whole band started their performance of the highlight of the song.

Akane danced her fingers on the guitar while Misa did her best.

Suiri also supported them as a sub-guitarist.

Charlotte sweated profusely because this part had many string notes as a micro pianist.

Miwako didn't have any problem.

Lyrics verse 2 started.

"♫ Nee, do people feel pain when they lie without blinking?♫"

♫Why do bad guys in reality always receive a happy ending?♫

♫ Why do the word "Happy" 幸 just lose one stroke and become 'bitter' 辛?♫

♫ My back is stuck with the banner named Youth♫"

♫Sensei, I have no problem at all. Just living is painful enough♫

I just want to do nothing but enjoy the summer like the past me♫

Close my eyes to smell the fragrance of summer.

Using the fingers to draw the white cloud behind the vast blue sky♫

If I live like that, will it be considered as selfishness?♫"

Suiri continued to sing as if her emotions synchronized with her voice. However, her expression was somehow changed a little.

"♫Sensei, what is your dream before?♫"

♫Or have you forgotten it when you've grown up?♫

Sensei, I need your consultant.♫

♫You said setbacks would make people stronger

But it doesn't make my life easier♫

Aa, I knew life wasn't going to be the way I wanted

Can I continue to be the 'me' in that summer?

Oblivious summer that I miss in my heart

Enjoy a life without worrying, suffering ♫

Sensei, is it really okay for me to live this way?♫

Will there be no problem if I insist on living like this?♫

Or you say♫ only I can know the answer♫

Just...♫

♫I just want to sniff the forgetful smell from that summer

I just want to let the wind bring that 'silhouette' in front of me

Was it selfish for me to return to that oblivious summer?♫"

After the instrumental song closed the curtain of the performance, Suiri closed her eyes and had a reminiscence of her past self. Unknowingly, the tears had already formed under her eyes. She felt uncomfortable as her emotion was not stable. After practicing many times, she thought that she would be fine but...

*Clap clap clap*

There was a huge applause from the audience.

They didn't even notice the change in Suiri.

"This is my first song, Oblivious Summer"

However, Suiri held back but introduced the name.

"Encore!! Encore!! Encore!! Encore!!"

The students below yelled simultaneously as they'd been seduced by Suiri's voice. The song was extremely good and realistic. Her voice was soft and firm but expressive as well.

It was more like a storytelling by song.

Juvia stepped on the stage to interrupt.

"Thanks for the excellent performance of Yume ni sake"

"It's time to go to class. If you want to listen again, wait for the official video on the Me-tube channel 'Yume ni sake'"

After that, everyone came back to class under the instruction of the Student Council.

...

Meanwhile, the live broadcast room exploded on the Internet immediately.

[My wife's voice is so good? Wash my ears again, if I remember, her voice was so cold in the past]

[Help, my ears got pregnant]

[The music is enthusiastic while the lyrics are so depressive]

[I have been hit hard by her song]

[Her rock was so gentle but strong at the same time]

[Her song was like a story. Let me analyze. There are 3 characters in the song. The first one is "I", the second one is "silhouette" the past self of the character "I", and finally, the character "sensei". I can see that the character "I" had abandoned the innocent and lively younger her to get over life. Then, the summer comes which awakens her past self and realize the world of adults 'Unfamiliar world'. So there are various questions to the character "Sensei" as her current guide for her life. Of course, there are no definite answers because the question was so abstract.

Even the character "Sensei" couldn't answer. The character "I" finally gave up her struggle and chose to come back to her past once again in the child's summer but she was reluctant so there is a question of whether he was selfish to the character "Sensei"]

[Upstairs, you got a point]

[For those who had experienced the slap of the face when you officially entered society, I could see myself as the character "I", I wish I could turn back time to when I was a child to enjoy life without worrying too much]

[Same]

[Same]

[Same here. After listening, I want to rejuvenate to live as a child because there will be no pressure and being suppressed by others]

[Ah, can't wait for the official version. This live broadcast didn't sound very good in my opinion. It would be better if I were at the scene]

[ Asahi should invest in a better recording device]

Unknown to Suiri, her song once again was well-received.

[Hey, did you see the main guitarist and the drummer somehow familiar?]

Forgive me the shallow author couldn't write a lyrics or song. The lyrics were based on Hitchcock of Yorushika if you're curious. Hopefully, it would be safe because I wrote unprofitable, right?

46