Chapter 29: Determination
894 8 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

--Hyouri's POV--

"You're finally here"

I welcomed an unexpected guest into our mindscape. He or she wore an ominous set of outfits with black as the main color. The deathly scythe with dazzling edge shone brightly under the moonlight while the cherry blossom petals were trying to reduce the tense atmosphere of that existence.

I also had to take a deep breath when facing 'it'.

The existence, who gave Suiri a second chance in this life, was also my pseudo-creator. If our theory were correct, he or she would be my parents.

However, to be contradicted by my expectation, that existence remained immobilized and looked at me strangely.

"@$^%$^&%^*@#!"

He or she let out a muzzle noise and my mind couldn't understand a single sentence from 'it'.

"Bon-bon~, Gion matsuri~, hanataba~"

"???"

I was confused by the information from 'it'.

"Kohum~"

"Do you understand me?"

"Does my language fit your brain?"

"???"

Oh, was this called cultural difference? Shall I call 'him' now?

His voice was at a low pitch, bringing me the majesty in his tone.

I was also shocked by his appearance in our mindscape as his purpose for coming here was still unclear. I had no idea of what was waiting for me. Since the other party could reincarnate people, I didn't even have enough strength to fight back. I was like an ant in his eyes.

"Sir, can you let me know who you are?"

I asked carefully while observing his movements. His hands were covered with a black cover but they were so slender that I could imagine that behind them were just simply bones.

"Huh? Isn't my appearance clear enough?"

He tilted his head and asked me again.

"So, you're death god?"

I continue to ask a question.

"That's right. In human concept, I'm indeed Death God"

"But my identity is different more than you think"

He said mysteriously while playing riddle with me.

"Are you my creator?"

I had been struggling with my existence for a long time. I had questioned whether I was Suiri's imagination or Death God's creature.

He didn't speak but put the scythe near the cherry blossom tree.

"Deng, I'm not your creator"

Then, he crossed his hands in X shape and spoke.

So, I was Suiri's imagination?

"But your existence indeed surprises me"

He said in an amused tone.

"I'm curious about you, so..."

"I'm here"

"After all, I don't know if your existence can cause my KPI to drop, or if my prestige is endangered by you"

He murmured in a low voice.

"What?"

"Hummu"

He sat near the lake and watched Suiri play with her club and sisters.

"She seems to be happy in this life, huh?"

"But it's so fake"

He commented sarcastically but I agreed with him at this point. If she hadn't run away, then I couldn't have been born. I meant my mind was so complicated after getting his confirmation. However, I couldn't hate Suiri as I always had an attachment to her.

After a while, he nodded his head in understanding and spoke.

"Hummu...I finally understood"

"Can you share with me?"

"No..."

"You can't"

I was disappointed...

"Hyouri, can you swap..."

Suiri's voice came out of the lake.

When I heard her begging, my body automatically ran near the lake to let me sink and swap with Suiri.

*Snap*

Fingers snapping sound replaced, and  Suiri's voice disappeared immediately after that. Death God stood up and stared at me with a serious gaze. It pierced through my body and mind. It was like I was naked in front of him.

"You're not allowed to help and contact her"

"Why?"

Did he just threaten me? The lake was tranquil and Suiri's point of view disappeared. Only the dark lake reflected the moonlight from our mindscape. With just a snap of fingers, he shut down our swapping zone.

I was not his opponent.

"You know the three wishes that she had made at the last moment of her past life"

He changed the topic.

"Yes"

"First is her spirit's children"

"Second is she won't be cheated by bad guys"

"And finally..."

"A person who loves her wholeheartedly?"

I spoke.

Then, I realized the problem...Since he wasn't my creator, then, who I was?

"You're smart"

"Then, I'm..."

"You're an uncontrollable factor in my eyes"

"Wait...You mean...The third wish..."

Before I knew it, the scythe immediately was put near my throat. Did he want to get my life? If so, who else could protect Suiri?

"No need to worry about her. I mean my candidates will take care of and protect her"

"Hey, hey, what's with the scary atmosphere?"

"Do you want to fight with me?"

Although I was emotionless, my will to protect Suiri was never dissipated. My eyes turned bloodshot and wanted to fight to death with him. What if his candidates were all scumbags? I knew I was in a desperate situation. I never won against him.

"Your existence can cause my game more boring"

He said in a teasing tone.

Then, turning serious.

"Because you never let her love anyone"

What did he just say? Suiri's life was a game in his eyes. How could I allow that to happen? I admitted that I was selfish for not letting Suiri love anyone. She could only need me...

He put his scythe away and put the tip of it into the surface of the lake. And then, Suiri's point of view came back.

"Hyouri, help me!!"

Suiri continued to beg for my existence.

"tsk, tsk, looking at what you've done..."

"She's completely different from my original intention"

He said regretfully.

I was angry by his attitude. He completely considered Suiri's life as a game.

"Oh, who misunderstands me now?"

His face was covered with a skull mask but it didn't help to cover his teasing tone.

I was helpless against him. After all, the other party was a supernatural existence in which only myths and legends existed.

"Kohum~, I mean I'm not cruel to crush his life a second time"

"I'm a being, granting wishes for every miserable mortal who didn't do anything wrong but suffered a tragedy"

"So don't misunderstand my good intentions"

He explained slowly...

If he was majestic like that, what was with that casual and teasing tone?

"Then, why do you say 'game'?"

I yelled.

"Yes, yes, time-up"

"I will seal this place and you..."

"The remnant of the original Hoshiyuki Suiri"

His voice turned serious as the scythe put a hole in my heart.

"Eh?"

I didn't feel the pain of being pierced through the heart but was shocked by his revealed information.

"Strange..."

"You had been blended with Minazuki Haruto-kun's soul"

"Anyway, this should put you into a deep sleep"

"Ahem, let me count the duration of this seal"

"Hmm...about 3 to 4 years"

I watched him having a solo dialogue while I was being sealed under the cherry blossom tree near the lake. A lock appeared with a metal fence surrounding the lake, expressing that I couldn't interfere with Suiri's life anymore. What was more shocking was my identity.

The remnant of the original Hoshiyuki Suiri...

As I recalled the memories of Haruto, 'Suiri' was indeed a selfish person who loved herself more than anything else, which seemed to fit my description so far.

The branch of the tree extended its length and tied me thoroughly into its body.

I doubted my life while being sealed without much struggle.

"So you knew your identity already"

"So don't be selfish like your last life and ruin this boy's second life"

"You're supposed to be dead already"

"On the list of my work, you don't even deserve a second chance"

"That's it"

"Ciao~"

He spoke completely in one breath and took the scythe out of my body. I was not dead but there was a hole in my chest chained by the branches of the cherry blossom tree. The pink petals gradually dissipated until there was no petal left on the tree. It slowly withered and turned darker—only the gloomy atmosphere in our previous beautiful mindscape.

He's gone...

"Sorry, Suiri, I knew you hated liars"

I could only mutter softly after that...I didn't deserve that boy...He was so pure that I was attracted to him...And...I did everything to keep him by my side and not allow him to love anyone...Then, my identity was clear...I really didn't deserve that boy at all...

Like the Death God said, I wasn't even on the list of people deserving a second chance. After knowing my deeds through the novel, I was speechless and found it hard to accept that reality. To be honest, I couldn't refute his speech.

"Suiri, sorry, Haruto-kun, sorry"

'Someone, help me'

Suiri's voice echoed in the lake again...But the darkness gradually swallowed my vision and senses.

The seal was working against me...

I was so sorry, Haruto. I couldn't be the one to help you.

I could only pray in my heart that the candidate he mentioned would bring you happiness...

"Sorry, sorry, I broke my promise"

"..."

Little by little, my eyes closed down...

Our beautiful mindscape was just ruined like that...


--???'s POV--

"My stupid daughter, why haven't you dressed yourself up yet?"

A middle-aged woman with a glorious appearance yelled and scolded me. She was my mom in this life. You heard right. My identity was a traveler to this fictitious world. What was more ridiculous was that I was transmigrated into the main character of the game which I had played in my previous life.

"Yes, I'm going to change"

"So please come out, please"

"You're so slow"

She said that and stepped out of my room.

Why did you ask me game instead of the novel? Because of looking at the current development, Hoshiyuki Suiri's version in this world wasn't the villaness at all. She released songs and talents to the fullest. I could determine that she was the version of a love simulator game.

More than that, the real reason was the masterpiece 'Past Life'.

The reason for my death was the same as many typical genres of Isekai stories. I meant the Instant-Noodle genre.

Working tirelessly to working overtime, I diligently devoted myself to a program company to fix code and code...Then, bump. I rolled down at my work desk because I had a sudden heart attack due to the imbalance between work and rest.

My entertainment needs were just the game that I had played many times. The music was top-notch, and the graphic image attracted many fans. Moreover, due to the scandal of plagiarism, the truth was brought to light. The game was on fire and many people, and otakus were willing to purchase the game. In addition, they felt sorry for what they had done to the deceased musician Minazuki Haruto as they were kept in the dark.

I also felt sorry for him. Such a talent...was wasted by a scumbag. His original piece and the pirated version had a huge gap in them. I wondered if these professionals were bribed by money not to realize the difference.

But I couldn't yell to mock them...After all, he was once my private musical teacher...I was no less than a junk bag...Instead of believing in him, I pushed him far away out of my reach. That was why I hung my piano and lost my love for music...Although I just excused myself that I was pressured by the bandwagon's effect, I couldn't wash away my guilt. Hence, this game was the only way to help me escape from the pressure from society and the guilty conscience built inside my chest.

'Solfachord Melody'

This was the name of this game...

He was the reason for the simulated lovey-dovey game to be released. His mom wanted to gain back her deceased son's reputation as the author of the novel 'Shita no Tsukiakari ni Boku no Rhapsody' volunteered to cooperate with a newly developed simulating game company. 'Past life' was put as the masterpiece of the refreshed character 'Hoshiyuki Suiri' with a new design.

She represented the tragic musician Minazuki Haruto...

She was more voluptuous and changed into an Iceberg beauty...She was the main heroine of the game; in addition, there were 4 additional sub-heroines Haeno, Nagisha, Moeni, and Erina.

I meant the author got pressured by her fans because they wanted her to whitewash the character 'Hoshiyuki Suiri'. Such a well-designed appearance was wasted on the brainless woman. She took advantage of this incident to create a different concept from her original novel. What if Suiri wasn't the villainess? Then, this game came out.

This completely changed into a Yuri musical game...I meant I wasn't lesbian in my last life but you should know that this world was no longer normal.

Because of ABO setting...

Woman versus Woman was ordinary in this world.

And I was reincarnated into a newly appointed protagonist of this game without announcement. No meeting God, nor granted wishes...I just opened my eyes and became a baby again in this new world...

I had lived very normally while waiting for the plot...I wanted to get close to her...Hoshiyuki Suiri...Not because she was the main heroine, but because she was the incarnation of my teacher's soul...

If you said that I had no desire for women, it would be a lie.

Although I was a woman in my last life, the protagonist had a secret that only players knew.

Looking at a long stick hanging between my legs, I let out a sigh.

It was so troublesome and obstructed my moves. Through 2 years after my failure differentiation, I hadn't adapted to this thing.

Why did you say failure? Of course, because the newly appointed protagonist belonged to the category called 'Futanari'. Yeah, I had both reproduction organs in my body.

"Sakura-chan, what took you so long?"

My name in this life was Otonashi Sakura...

A long crimson-haired woman with pink lemonade eyes talked outside the door. She was my oldest sister in this Otonashi family.

Otonashi Momoko.

We had a reputation for our unique lineage to produce anomaly figures. Only the Otonashi family could maintain both organs after differentiation. We were neither Alpha, Omega, nor Beta...

The Government paid attention to our blood and descendants so we could gain a firm hold in the wealthy circle.

"I haven't gotten used to this 'thing'"

I replied honestly.

"Hahahaha~, You will get used to it soon"

She patted my shoulders and sat down on my bed. Then, she turned on the radio in my room.

I was wearing bras and my below was changed into a boxer instead of ordinary panties in my last life. My long hair was painted a bloody red color while my eyes had the pinkish color of a succubus. My height was quite tall with 1 meter 74 centimeters. My chest size was enough with D-Cup breast. An ideal figure for the ordinary office lady in my last life. My face would use the word 'Unisex' to describe my facial features because this was a unique trait of our family including my mom.

"Hello, this is the radio channel FM903. My name is Yakou, your friendly MC of the music freaks. Last time, thanks to the guest from BSB, an idol from boy bands for sharing with us a beautiful talk show"

"This time I won't let all of you disappoint with the guest of today's program after the warm and harmonious Christmas day"

"Please, let me invite Hoshiyuki Suiri-sensei"

"Good morning, Yakou-san. Thanks for inviting me today"

An emotionless voice came out of my radio. As expected of an Iceberg heroine, the hardest heroine that I played many times to conquer her.

The charming point of Solfachord Melody was that there were many details to conquer each heroine. You couldn't apply the same routes as each one. It meant you had to treat this game seriously. It was like the characters had their own thinking. They claimed that they used A.I technology to create the characters. I didn't know if it was true.

I finished changing my clothes while listening to her program. She was unexpectedly dazzling in this world. She was shining brightly like a Goddess descending to the Earth.

She made me feel an inferiority complex as I didn't have enough confidence to conquer her.

Not to mention, obstacles were preventing me from chasing after her. They were the old casts from the author's original novel.

Her former fiancee Mio, Shaking M Charlotte, Kuudere Sasaki, Yandere Himeki, and Bocchi Akari. As for the old protagonist, the author had blended him as a nobody in this game.

Each route, they became an antagonist to me to conquer the heroine. For Suiri, the main heroine, there were 3 of them wanting me not to get close to Suiri...

The game was another thing, reality was still another thing...

I faced them directly instead of hiding behind the screen.

After all, I was not the original Sakura...

"The weather begins to be colder and colder at the end of the year. Everyone, please keep your body warm"

"Alright, once again, welcome, Hoshiyuki-sensei"

"Yes, thank you"

"Hoshiyuki-sensei, you rarely appear in front of the public and your concert shows only perform 3 times per year. Many fans had the same question through our survey, they want to know why. Can it be that you're busy composing your new album?"

"Yes, it's one of the reasons. Besides that, you shouldn't forget that I'm still a student"

"I'm busy with school as well"

"Oh, understood. Your fans yearn for more live shows and some are demanding you return to the pure music piece before"

"Ah, yes. About that question, Each album has my solo instruments if you're curious. Please, purchase my album if you want to listen"

"???"

I was speechless by this shameless reply.

If you want me to return, pay more. Everything could be solved by money. Instead of free OST like before, you had to pay money to listen to her piece. However, there was nothing wrong. As an artist, how could you live without a penny from your works?

"Hahaha~, this girl is interesting"

Momoka-Onee-chan laughed out loud.

"Onee-chan, let's have breakfast"

"Ah, okay"

She and I walked downstairs to the dining table as we continued to listen to her radio.

"Ahaha, Hoshiyuki-sensei also knows how to PR her music"

"You have many questions from your fans. Let's see..."

"From Darkest Knight-san in Akita Prefecture. A chunibyou name"

"He said 'Sui-chan, why don't you add dance to your MV or live concert?'"

"Hmm, because it will be different from my original intention"

"Because I want everyone to taste my music and focus on lyrics rather than dancing wildly on the stage"

"My stamina also can't support both dancing and singing at the same time"

"But I will consider it in the future. I hope you will continue to support me"

"What a splendid answer. As expected of Hoshiyuki-sensei"

"..."

Exactly the same. What the hell?

My memory brought me back to the piano room. I asked him a question 'Why don't you debut as an Idol to sing and dance at the same time?' and his answer was the same as Suiri just said.

Was it a coincidence?

No, no, no, it couldn't be...

It must be a coincidence. Suiri in the plot of the game was also focusing on the music rather than exposing her figure...

"What's wrong, Sakura-chan?"

My mom asked.

"Ah, nothing..."

I shook my head and spoke.

"Next, from 'I just named myself as a muscular tyrant T-Rex'-san in Yamanaga Prefecture"

"Eh?"

"???"

Why was her fans' naming sense getting weirder?

"I can't imagine a muscular T-Rex with his short hands"

"Do you have anything to say to this 'I just named myself as a muscular tyrant T-Rex'-san, Hoshiyuki-sensei?"

"Oh, are you really a T-Rex? Fake, must be fake"

"Hahaha, alright, he said 'Happy New Year, Sui-san, after one year of hard work, I'm looking forward to your next tour, please choose a wider stadium to perform because I missed your tickets twice"

"I'm so sorry about that. My Au...I meant my boss decided all of that. I will report to my boss about your situation"

"Okay, Hoshiyuki-sensei should also reserve a ticket for me as well"

"Eh? Why?"

"Let me share you...As soon as your website opens the sale, there is no ticket left in 30 seconds"

"Ah, I didn't expect that"

I agreed with the host's opinion. I had to buy a high-priced second-hand ticket to attend her concert. I could only watch below the stage as she shone beautifully on the stage.

I continued to pick up my food and put it into my mouth.

"Yes, it's time to rest, please let's listen to Hoshiyuki-sensei's signature piece 'Past Life' while we're waiting for our fans' message"

Yes, that was it. No matter how many times I listened to this piece, I got goosebumps all over my body. The piano's place was a thing but the signature of this piece was a combination of Japanese musical instruments. Shamisen and Daiko mix with some modern culture as bass to highlight the piece.

I didn't even know Haruto-sensei could play various instruments.

Unknowingly, I hummed to follow the song and my body followed the melody.

"Sakura-chan, you must work hard to make her our daughter-in-law, you know"

Momoko-Onee-san spoke seriously. It seemed that she quite liked Suiri.

After all, the first meeting between the protagonist and the main heroine was due to the blind date. This event was arranged by the Government behind the scenes. At first, both of us would find it hard to accept this arrangement of the Government. Her grandma Hiyori didn't want to force her but how could she stand against the country?

Then, our plot began as we would live together in the same house in the new semester of High School to get to know more. And then, the Shaking M Charlotte, Kuudere Sasaki, and Bocchi Akari would decide to move in as well with the reason to monitor me and not let any harm to the main heroine Suiri.

However, Charlotte was different from the rest because she declared that she loved Suiri before and had a reason to be my rival in love if I remember correctly.

"Ah, yes"

I replied...But I didn't know if I loved her or the shadow of my teacher in her...

I was tired of my last life.

I hated my past self.

I was sucked and was a pile of trash. This time, I determined to be different as I wouldn't let the same mistake appear again...

I would conquer her and hug her golden thighs in this life.

Therefore, I would protect her from the harm of the antagonist of the game. I meant not my antagonists as the old casts but her new villain wanted to harm her. Because of the bad ending, she would be framed to be labeled as a plagiarist and commit suicide like my teacher Minazuki Haruto.

After all, her character was designed based on my teacher.

Definitely, I wouldn't let it happen a second time!!!

30