Wolf Against Wolf – Grace
37 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I instinctively growled. Four wolves emerged from the forest around me, Kumoko, and Mira. They looked like normal wolves. I confirmed with Appraisal.

 

[Level 12] [Wolf] ♂

HP: [520/520]

MP: [0/0]

SP: [305/320]

[Spd: 45] [Str: 900] [Atk: 300] [Mag Atk: 0] [Def: 15]

 

[Level 14] [Wolf] ♂

HP: [540/540]

MP: [0/0]

SP: [325/340]

[Spd: 46] [Str: 920] [Atk: 300] [Mag Atk: 0] [Def: 15]

 

[Level 13] [Wolf] ♂

HP: [530/530]

MP: [0/0]

SP: [315/330]

[Spd: 45] [Str: 910] [Atk: 300] [Mag Atk: o] [Def: 15]

 

[Level 1] [Wolvin] ♂

HP: [600/600]

MP: [200/200]

SP: [485/500]

[Spd: 46] [Str: 1000] [Atk: 350] [Mag Atk: 80] [Def: 25]

 

"What's a 'Wolven'?" Mira asked.

 

"I'm guessing it's an evolved form of a wolf," Kumoko said. "The others are near level 15, but the Wolvin is at level 1."

 

"Oh," Mira said.

 

"Should we kill them?" I asked.

 

"Why not?" Kumoko said. "Free experience."

 

I leaped forward and bit down on the neck of one of the wolves. It died almost instantly.

 

Mira brought her two front legs on the second wolf. The blow cut through most of the front of the wolf. It yowled. Mira sliced again and killed the wolf.

 

I attacked the Wolvin. It saw my approach and opened its jaws. Magic glowed from its throat. It fired a burst of magic. It slammed into my side. I growled at the stinging pain but powered forward. I crashed into the wolf-like monster and killed it in a few bites.

 

I looked up to see that Kumoko had taken down the third wolf.

 

Then my fur rippled. Energy washed over me and the wound from the Wolvin's magic attack disappeared. Then a status window appeared in front of me.

 

['Level' has reached 'Level 10'. Evolution available. Please select one.]

[Nogitsune]

[Flamewolf]

[Icewolf]

[Shockwolf]

 

"What's this?" I asked.

 

"What?" Kumoko asked.

 

"There's this weird status window," I answered. "It says something about 'Evolution'."

 

"Oh," Mira said. "You're able to evolve now. What are the options?"

 

"There's 'Nogitsune', 'Flamewolf', 'Icewolf', and 'Shockwolf'," I said.

 

"I think the first one is the best one," Kumoko said. "Although that depends on what the next evolutions are."

 

"I'll look at those," I said. I looked at the next evolutions of the ones that I could evolve into.

 

[Evolution Tree]

[Nogitsune]

[Kitsune]

[Flamewolf]

[Cinderwolf]
[Flame Varin]

[Icewolf]

[Frostwolf]
[Ice Varin]

[Shockwolf]

[Lightningwolf]
[Shock Varin]

 

"The only evolution after 'Nogitsune' is 'Kitsune'," I said.

 

"Then go with 'Nogitsune'," Kumoko said. "'Kitsune' has a human form. None of those other ones do."

 

"Alright," I said. I selected the 'Nogitsune' option. A strange energy built up inside my body. Before I felt it do anything, I fell unconscious.

 


 

When I finally awoke, my body felt different. It was similar to my wolf-like body as a Verin, but it felt off. I slowly rose to my feet.

 

"Oh, Grace is awake!" I heard Mira say. I turned and saw both her and Kumoko standing near me. It looked like we were in a cave.

 

"Where are we?" I asked.

 

"We're in the closest cave to where you started the evolution," Kumoko answered. "We were going to warn you that it knocks you unconscious, but we weren't able to in time."

 

"Oh," I said. I turned my head to look at myself.

 

My body looked slightly smaller, and its shape was different. I also had three tails now, and they didn't look like a wolf's. They were big and puffy, with a white tip.

 

"I'm a fox?" I asked.

 

"Apparently, yeah," Mira replied.

 

"Huh. Cool," I said.

 

"You ready to go hunting?" Kumoko asked. "You used up most of your SP evolving."

 

"Yes please," I said. I felt very hungry.

 

"Then let's go," Mira said. The three of us exited the cave in search of some food.

0