Chapter 1 Creating an Avatar
64 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a spacious dark bedroom, a young man with short black hair, and a slender body can be seen sleeping soundly in a bed.

A moment later the door opened, letting light shine into the room to the displeasure of the young man.

"Louis, please wake up."

A soft voice sounded as the open door revealed a pretty middle-aged woman.

*hm*, the boy grumbled as he slowly opened his eyes.

"Another 5 minutes Mother," he replied as he put his disheveled blanket back over him.

"No Louis please get up, you are already late. Have you forgotten what day it is?" she answered him, obviously a bit annoyed that her son once again didn't listen to her."AMY!" the mother shouted as a big black shepherd dog came towards her.

*woof* *woof*

As soon as the dog was there, the mother gave him a petting unit, making the dog extremely pleased.

"Amy," the mother was ready to give the dog instructions. "Wake Louis up," she commanded as she pointed her finger at her son. If you looked at her face, you could see an evil grin there.

Even though she was almost in her 40s, she loved to play pranks on her son or husband. And since her son wouldn't listen, nobody could blame her for waking him up in a special way.

When the command came, the dog ran towards the bed of her master, delighted.

The moment she got to the bed, she jumped on it and licked the young man's face.

"Aaamyy, you ahh" the young man couldn't even talk as the dog attacked his mouth.

*lick* *lick*

"Ah, Amy."

After a short torture, the young man involuntarily got up and went to the bathroom.

Not before he gave a dirty look to his mother, who stood laughing at the door of the room all the time.

Normally he wouldn't get up at this time, but today is a special day. 07/22/2025, the day that will go down in history.

Today is the release of the first VRMMORPG called Xelux Online.

A game where every person can have a second chance, starting with the same conditions.

The game was created by one of the biggest companies in the world, Willems Company.

Many people didn't believe that this game would be released, due to a big scandal that occurred shortly before the release of the game.

Promising an equal start for all people, of course, the beta couldn't be played by normal people.

That brought the company to a simple idea to let people with incurable diseases test the game.

However, this brought a lot of negative criticism from people, since these testers lived under certain conditions for a long time.

Apparently, they lived until their death on an island bought by the company, where contact with the outside world was only possible under control.

Of course, this made all the human protectors jump up, however, there wasn't only negative feedback.

After all, these people who were mostly plagued by pain and other symptoms, could at least live normally in the game for a while.

Eventually, the testers relatives spoke for the company, and the matter was officially closed.

Xelux Online can be played through so-called VR glasses V1.

In recent years, there have been many other VR glasses, but this one is different.

It was developed specifically for Xelux Online and is VR glasses and console in one.

This device can connect to the brain and transport the user with all senses to Xelux Online.

This gives an extremely real feeling, though there is also a problem there.

Since all senses are used, you can also feel pain in-game. Something many people are afraid of.

"How is that even possible?" Louis asked himself with concern as he took a bath.

After he finished, he ate a small breakfast and headed to the nearest electronics store.

Louis hails from Germany and lives in a small village 20 minutes from Munich.

His parents decided to move there since the city is noisy day and night.

In this village, everyone knows everyone and the neighbors have a good relationship with each other.

Since this village is only 20 minutes away by car anyway, this does not affect them in anything.

Arriving in town, he already saw a good number of people waiting for the shop to open.

*sigh*

Louis sighed at this sight, and took something to drink from the car, preparing himself to wait a bit.

The reason why so many people wanted to buy the glasses immediately is that they didn't cost anyone a fortune.

The VR glasses with everything together only cost 299.99€ which is about 325 US dollars.

Louis could hear many conversations during the entire process of waiting, whereby he could only grin.

There was one conversation that he found particularly funny, as he could already imagine the two of them failing.

The conversation he was talking about was between two young men.

One of the two was slightly overweight, unshaven, and had greasy hair while his friend looked well-groomed.

"I tell you, Felix, as soon as I have my character, I will find myself a girlfriend. After all, I would have had one long ago, if I had better genes."

"Certainly, Alex," his friend answered him sarcastically.

The thing that Louis found so funny is that people really think that they can achieve something in Xelux Online with their current attitude towards life.

`Does he really think that he can achieve something with this attitude? No way!` Louis thought with a slight smirk on his face.

By attitude, he meant his willingness to do something for himself.

The chubby boy is a good example of that. He says that if he had a different look, he could find a girlfriend, but these are just excuses for his own laziness.

At the moment, he may not be very good-looking, but that's only because he doesn't take care of himself.

`Unwashed, unshaven, and overweight,` Louis thought as he looked at the boy. If he made sure he showered and shaved regularly, it would completely change his overall appearance. Even against being overweight, one can do something.

Nevertheless, he must do something for it, which he is not ready for.

After a long time, and two bottles of water, it was finally Louis turn.

"Hello, Mister, what can I do for you?" asked the cashier.

"I want the new VR glasses V1," Louis answered nicely.

"Ok Sir," she said as she took a pair of VR Glasses from behind her.

Since it would cause too much chaos, they are stored behind the cashier.

"With pleasure Sir, I hope you know that you have to create an account online first," noted the Cashier as Louis paid.

"Of course, but thanks for the advice," Louis thanked her and went on his way.

45 minutes later he was back at home, ready to play the game.

He was lying on his bed with the VR glasses on.

Since the glasses don't provide energy or anything similar to the body, it's recommended to only play for a maximum of 8 hours in a single session.

In addition, headaches and dizziness are not uncommon after an overuse.

"CONNECT" Louis said, which led him to a login screen.

After logging in with his official account, he was close to reaching the Avatar creation.

This account was not only used for the game but also for the online forum.

It was necessary to verify the account with an ID card and video chat, or directly go to an external office of the company,

Obviously, you didn't have to use your real name to chat and play, however, that way the company can not only ban the player's IP, but the person in general.

Welcome to the world of Xelux, Player Louis

However, before he could create his Avatar, a large transparent display screen appeared before him.

Yup, Louis just used his real name, after all, he didn't intend to hide his identity or anything like that.

Please create your Avatar

And so the fun began

two hours later

In the last hours, Louis created his Avatar, which took a lot of time, since you could edit every detail.

Louis didn't know why, but the default option was his original body.

Although he had to provide some information during the registration process, it didn't include the size of his little brother.

This gave him a creepy feeling, which made him choose to investigate this again after he logged out later.

He didn't really change his appearance much, just turning his blue eyes into blood red. In addition, he decided to change the length of his hair.

These reached now down to his back. He also changed something here and there on his body, but nothing out of the norm.

Do you want to confirm this Avatar? YES/NO

He pressed YES to confirm his Avatar and went to the class selection.

He wondered which class he should choose as he looked at the list.

There was no information beforehand about which Classes would be available in this game, so he saw them for the first time.

The available Classes were called standard Classes

Standard Classes are the Classes that each player has to choose at the beginning. They can evolve under specific conditions. In addition, there are so-called special Classes in the game, which can be unlocked through quests.

After Louis has seen all the classes and their advantages, he decided to go with the class Lancer.

Standard Classes: 

Swordman (common)

Lancer (common)

Knight (common)

Assassin (common)

Warrior (common)

Tank (common)

Martial Artist (common)

Mage (common)

He decided to go with the Lancer class because he always liked spears. At first he wanted to take the Mage Class, but you can only control one element with this class. At least as a Common class.

This led him to choose Lancer.

Lancer (common): Lancer Class uses as a weapon the Spear.
Skills: Passive: Spear Mastery(beginner)

Stat Points per level: + 2 STR, +1 AGI

There was only one passive skill: Spear Mastery, although more should be unlocked after a certain level.

In addition, it seems that each class gets different extra stat points per level up, in the case of Lancer +2 STR, +1 AGI.

Are you sure to choose Lancer YES/NO

The Moment he pressed YES again, Dizziness took over him, and his vision faded

 

 

1