Prologue ✦ Raging Storm
19 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Storming skies raged down the Dominion, as she ran amidst the gloaming of the night; the squall unleashing its fury like a wrathful beast, the wings of darkness engulfing the entirety of the city. Atop a slate roof, she found herself cornered; the sound of coming guards grew louder, deep fear flickering in her eyes. Heavy rain lashing down on her, the roaring of thunder echoing deep in her head; she was cold and weary, her mind unfocused and strained. She tried conjuring a glyph, but her diminishing strength caused a shear on her abilities; the deadly chase nearly depleting her spellforce.

Mere seconds past, lightning bolts flashed wildly, outlining a shadowy figure only inches from her. Like a prey flustered at the sight of the beast, she remained motionless, her breathing increasing. Standing in an austere posture was a tall man of average built, eyes one of amethyst glow, the other of cerulean shade.

"The guards..." She muttered; her heartbeat increasing. Her body quivered, her condition becoming frail. Their gaze interlocked with one another; his eyes only glimpsing at his surroundings. The herd of guards was approaching; his escape severely narrowed by this unexpected encounter.

"They mustn't..." She let out, as she felt a weight heaving in her chest; unbalanced and frazzled, she took a few steps back. Shadowing atop the edge of the roof, she grasped at her heart; her vision blurred, as the dark of the twilight dispersed deep within her.

"They mustn't..." Her words whispered out, one last gaze at the one who stood before her, for her mind soon succumbed to a blackened dream. Wails clashing in her very core, her body debilitated, her very life's essence drifting away. She felt herself fall, swaying like a feather, as she descended into the Void of Mors.

 

9