Chapter 05 ✦ Requested Meeting
9 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sidling the darkened corridors, the cloaked figure ambled from shadow to shadow; his senses acute, his movements of both swiftness and grace. His footsteps almost ghostly, the manor's inhabitants remained oblivious to his presence. He reached his mark with ease, a novice spellock providing the only obstacle between him and a bountiful amount of raw Magicae. He removed the glyph on the door, and proceeded inside. Sculpted pillars and tapestries filled a vast portion of what appeared to be a conjuration crafting room. Its architectural style presented a mystic appeal; macassar ebony floor and a luxurious carpet at its center, bookshelves and equipment of splendid craftsmanship. But one item in particular retained the man's attention; a large metallic box, delicate floral patterns carved on all sides. Brushing its cover, a smile flashed on his face; savoring his rewarding intrusion, as he opened its content.

Even better than I expected. His eyes glistered at the sight of such succulent shards. His work well accomplished, he vanished back into the dark of the night, leaving no trace behind but unsuspecting residents and an empty chest.

He traveled back to his old friend, a satisfactory expression, as he materialized back into the Shanty's Emporium. Remaining in complete silence, he leaned against the wall; arms crossed, an amused look on his face as he simply watched. Moments passed, before his friend finally became aware of his presence.

"For Daegar's sakes- Tevell!!!" Acamor exclaimed, startled by his unsuspected return. "You nearly scared the piss outta me!! Hey- how long have you been standing there?"

"Not long." Tevell answered with a smirk. "Here." He handed him one of the shard.

"Oohh..." Acamor's expression quickly faded from piqued to captivated; his eyes examining the glimmering Magicae. "I can see why you were so keen on getting inside that manor."

"It should last me for a while..." Tevell commented.

"So as long as you stop overusing your spellforce every night." His tone sided reprimand, earning him a dismissal look from his cloaked friend. "By the way- that's for you." He tossed him a small leather pouch. "A generous gift from the little missy you saved-" Being a prosperous shop owner, he had opted to give the entirety of the reward to his friend. "Oh! And Adhafera's been looking for you-"

"..." Tevell exhaled.

"Something about the young woman... She said to meet her as soon as you come back." Acamor relaid the message.

"Not interested." Tevell was quick to dismiss the old woman's request. Silence spread across the office, for Acamor simply shook his head; he had transmitted the message, and that was all.

"Look- I'm not gonna tell what to do." He waved, his hands motioned in surrender. "But I'm just letting you know- it sounded pretty serious."

"She knows where to find me." Tevell responded before transmuting in his usual fashion.

"Dammit Tevell!! Your spellforce- Can't you use a door like a normal person!" He heard Acamor uttered, as he spiraled away in a whirlpool of smoke.

Following his usual route, he made haste returning to his quarters, and landmark of lost knowledge. Dust particles waving amidst the still air, the moon tearing through the cloudy skies, its light offered but a sombre hue to the already grim interior. Matching its resident's forbidding aura, the Abandoned Library served as the perfect haven for one with the shadows.

Removing his outer attire, he prepared a wooden tub, for a Magicae bath was much needed.

"Aquaes Healaes Igniaes..." He brushed the still water, vapors slowly forming upon the rippling surface. He poured in a variety of Essences, and added one of the newly acquired shards. His eyes followed the fragment, as it slowly sank to the bottom; its glowing allure reflecting against the waving water, painted the room in a prismatic hue. He disrobed from his remaining clothes, and submerged himself into a state of relaxation. He closed his eyes, and took a deep breath; his thoughts however, retained a firm grip upon the relayed message, his body tensing up, his mind straining and expression creasing from his inner turmoil.

Another sleepless night, his lifeforce slowly consumed by his accursed spellforce. A tainted bloodline. A shadowborn without Light.

 

8