A Harmful Prank
28 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The entire city of Mordurn echoed with a battle cry.

I observed the battle between the dark angels—the same ones from my nightmare—and all of the devils, demi-devils, and imps.

Beatrice had shouted, "Watch and learn!" as she took to the skies, leaving thousands of afterimages in her wake.

"Look at Beatrice go! She's taking them head-on!" Someone exclaimed."

She's our only hope!" Another cried.

It was impossible to determine where she really was.

But the dark angels were able to predict her every move, rendering her unable to get a good hit.

"What are these things?!" Lilith exclaimed as she plummeted to the ground.

"You think I know?!" Beatrice retorted, spewing out a wave of hellfire that could scorch entire mountains.

The dark angels remained unaffected. They continued their march, every step wreaking havoc and damaging all the devils around them.

I spotted Gordon on a rooftop, chanting incantations. Runes flared to life around him, his body engulfed in flames.

He had raised his hands in the air, and a massive fireball had formed. The fireball got closer to the angels but simply fizzled out before it could hit, rendering his magic ineffective.

"My magic isn't working on them!" He shouted.

"Yukio... At least make this fair... You bastard," I whispered.

"Formations! Formations!" Ignus's roar pierced through the cacophony. He wielded a sword encrusted with solidified pride, emitting a searing heat wave.

He charged forward, leading a squadron of elite devils, their weapons drawn and glowing.

Looking around, they seemed to have trouble fighting a single dark angel. But there were hundreds, if not thousands, of them marching towards us.

Ignus, wielding his pride-infused blade, met the first wave of dark angels with unmatched ferocity.

Each swing of his sword released arcs of intense heat that vaporised anything in their path. Yet, to his astonishment, the angels remained unfazed.

Nearby, Lilith summoned vortexes of demonic energy.

Swirling portals of red and black, they aimed to pull the dark angels into a void.

But the angels, with a mere flick of their wings, disrupted the vortexes, causing them to implode.

The resulting explosion was catastrophic, turning a portion of the city into an inferno.

The sky above Mordurn seemed to crack and fracture as the dark angels manifested their power.

Each one emanated an aura so potent that the very atmosphere distorted, becoming thick with dread.

I could do nothing but watch as Yukio destroyed everything. My heartbeat hadn't wavered, I knew Yukio wouldn't kill me so soon.

But still, I felt something—a burning sensation. It had consumed me in an inferno I couldn't name. A fire, not of warmth but of turmoil.

Before I had a chance to figure out what the feeling was, I heard Beatrice.

"You will NOT destroy Mordurn. I will make sure of it!"

Her every move seemed to defy logic. Time itself seemed to halt when she attacked. She had soared, her wings unfurling, emanating a power that could rival the cosmos.

A simple flick of her wrist caused star-like explosions, decimating clusters of angels.

Yet, the dark angels had adapted, their movements synchronising and forming patterns that countered the defenders' every strategy.

"Every time we take one down, two more appear!" Ignus exclaimed.

"Their resilience is unnatural. We need a new plan!" Beatrice said, whipping chains towards the dark angels, trying to ensnare them.

Her chains, glowing brighter than a supernova, snaked around. They expanded, contracted, branched out, and intertwined.

Each time an angel got caught, it let out a harrowing scream, its form disintegrating momentarily before regenerating.

She was the first to deal actual damage to them.

"ENOUGH!" She roared, her voice echoing through the cosmos.

Summoning her latent power, the entire dimension seemed to resonate with her energy. Celestial chains erupted from the ground, not just targeting the angels but also restructuring the very fabric of the dimension.

With a majestic sweep of her wings, she created a colossal vortex in the sky, aiming to suck the dark angels into a realm of nothingness.

The continuous onslaught from the dark angels made it clear that this wasn't just a mere invasion—it was annihilation. Everywhere I looked, Mordurn's defenders fought valiantly, yet despair was evident in every corner.

In the distance, I spotted Ignus clashing directly with an angel, his pride-infused blade emitting radiant energy.

Yet, as their weapons met, a shockwave of energy exploded outward, sending both combatants crashing to the ground.

"These creatures are tougher than anything I've ever faced!" He said, picking himself up off the ground.

Despite everything being made up—everything being just words on a page—I could still feel emotions, but barely any.

The feeling returned—I didn't have a clue what it was—a flame? No, something sharper, more invasive.

Every time a devil or demi-devil fell, every time Beatrice was thwarted, it intensified. I clenched my fists, my nails digging into my palms.

"This isn't working!" Ignus's voice cut through the chaos. He wiped sweat from his brow, eyes darting, "We need a strategy!"

"Right!" Beatrice responded. "They must have a weakness. We need to find it!"

"Easier said than done!" Gordon yelled, the air shimmering around him as he chanted another incantation.

"These creatures are practically invincible!"

Lilith was immobilised, and Beatrice had trouble fending them off. It was clear we were not going to win.

Amidst the chaos, a massive dark angel, distinct from the others, had approached—its aura colder, its presence way more formidable.

As it advanced, devils, demi-devils, and even elite devils in its path were effortlessly swatted away like mere insects. It was clear that this dark angel possessed unrivalled power and authority.

As the chaos ensued, a sudden realisation dawned on me. This burning, gnawing sensation was getting stronger, almost overwhelming. It was as if a dormant beast within me was awakening.

It was anger.

But why would I be feeling anger? Why would I care about Mordurn? I questioned.

The realisation of this unfamiliar emotion left me feeling adrift amidst the chaos. Each attack, every cry of despair fanned the embers of this unknown fire inside me.

"Why am I feeling this?!" I screamed internally. But the noise around me was deafening, leaving my thoughts fragmented.

I noticed a dark angel approaching me.

Its entire face was obscured by darkness radiating from the grey cloak that encased its body, so all I could make out were the white dots in its eyes.

"How had all this even happened...?"

0