03 – The Grafted Scion
223 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My first death was an odd experience. 

At first I was questioning how a dream which drew from my subconcious could replicate sensations I'd never felt before. Then I questioned how a dream which drew from my subconcius could allow me to feel pain so sharply. Then I questioned if all this was really a dream. Then I threw that last thought aside because any other explanation either didn't work, or was so stupid and unrealistic that it literally and physically could not work.

I sat up, the faint laughter dying down.

That's another thing to look into, the phantom laughing.


I took a breath and assessed my situation. Pain is on so I had to be careful. I got up and began making my way back down the stairs towards the bridge. This time, paying attention to where I stepped.

Having avoided the rock-nail-thing I stepped on earlier I got to the bridge and began making my way across.

Once I was across the bridge, I summoned my club and approached the old stone gate. The door to the boss arena of the Grafted Scion.

I need to play this carefully. It doesn't matter how long it takes to beat it, the Runes it drops are going to help a lot.


The knowledge that this was a dream helped psych me up for the fight.

I took a moment to focus, drawing an energy up from within myself as I let out a fierce battle cry. 

I took a step forward, and something jumped.

With a loud crash, a massive figure landed before me. A large golden shield raised by its left, several beautiful swords held by its many arms. The figure let out a screech, its dark blue hood and cloak billowing with the force of its voice. 

I moved.

The swords struck the ground where I stood only a moment ago. I rolled forward and continued to run, putting distance between me and the boss. I Focused for a moment and felt a click in my head. I was now perfectly aware of the Grafted Scion despite not being able to see it.

Target-lock I love you.


As the boss made another series of attacks I saw my chance and moved in to strike. As it pulled a sword out of the stone ground, I struck hard against its arm. I immediately jumped back and glanced down at the boss's health bar.

It had decreased, if only barely.

Undeterred, I prolonged the fight for as long as I could. Dodging every attack and combo, only striking as the boss recovered after a heavy attack. Slowly whittling it down. When I had settled into a rhythm, it got me.

A flurry of attacks, a combo it hadn't used previously. I knew about this attack and expected it, but the timing and flow of battle had caught me off gaurd. I felt a deep slash go down My torso, and I saw my blood spray into the air.

I reeled back and cried out in anguish, whimpering even as I rolled and ran to relative saftey.

"Fffffuuudddgggeeee!!! That hurts!" (Alexis)

The boss roared again, then it charged towards me. I didn't have much time to think or process my latest injury, but I knew I had just lost almost a third of my HP.

I let out another battle cry and re-entered the flow of battle. until eventually, I struck the boss on its head one final time. The boss let out one last wail before turning to dust and flaking away. 

The words [ENEMY FELLED] filled my vision and numerous golden lights swarmed towards me, flowing into my body. I now had 3,200 runes, enough for a few level-ups. But first...

"*sigh* I'm exhausted." (Alexis)

I flopped down onto the ground for a moment, my wound wasn't bleeding and I had just been fighting for over an hour non-stop. I needed some rest.

I'll continue this journey tomorrow.


 

It'll take me a little bit to fix the cover image but I should be able to do so soon.

On another note how was the battle scene? I tried my best but I'm new to writing. The only reason there isn't any more dialogue is because the Grafted Scion is really more like a beast than a person when  it comes to intellect, so I didn't give him the ability to do mid-battle banter.

 


4