Ch.190
40 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The situation is about to explode.

In explaining this situation, without a doubt, that expression is the most appropriate.

"─ Where are the rest of them?"

"─ Miss. Is there a need to answer?"

Miss──whether it refers to herself, his tone is quite lacking in awareness of his position.

Slightly, and thinly, veins appear on the forehead of the heretic Nihilista.

"─ Ah... Could it be? You thought you could handle it with just insects like you, because I'm a bit weakened?"

"─ Unfortunately, I'm not that reckless. Well, if necessary, I wouldn't mind a life-or-death fight in SaShi format."

"─ Hah..."

Confident. I'll give him that. Not bad.

However──

"─ Quite underestimated, haven't I?"

Although not fully recovered, Heretic Nihilister directs one-half of the launcher, a double-headed dragon, to his sides.

Her crimson eyes widen, shining brightly, as she speaks.

"─ Well, you know, I can easily burn three dolls and one regular human here!"

"─ Is that so? Then, is it okay if I blow your head off before that?"

However, the one confronting her is not someone who would be intimidated by that level.

Despite the launcher being aimed at her, Moore peers through the optical sight attached to his assault rifle, capturing Nihilista's figure in the reticle.

Considering the zeroing, aiming for the forehead from this close range would cause the bullet to fly over Nihilister. Capturing the crosshair a bit lower──at the moment the muzzle slightly drops or not, Anis, behind him, draws the signal pistol she carries.

Putting his finger on the trigger of the cocked pistol, he raises it overhead and declares.

"Sorry, but we're not alone. Of course, with you as you are now, we could manage on our own, but it would be a waste not to have allies. Actually, we've got reinforcements from Eden too. We've all come together to defeat you."

"…What did you say?"

"Don't understand? If things get tough, we'll call for reinforcements. We've actually got people from Eden with us. We're all here to take you down."

─ I see, I understand.

In response to her words, a smirk forms at the corner of Nihilister's mouth.

That's to be expected. No matter how many insects come swarming, it's not much of a threat. So, bringing reliable reinforcements is only natural.

I see, I see.──Well, not bad. Even though they're insects, they seem to have brains to think with.

The smirking Nihilister turns her crimson eyes left and right──towards the three humans she calls "insects" and the regular human, then leisurely returns her gaze to the sole male.

More precisely,──towards the human aiming the assault rifle.

"But you know. Before starting this muddy fight, don't you have a story to finish first?"

"Unfortunately, I don't seem to have the gentle personality to listen to your last words."

"──Hahaha!"

Presumptuous──but amusing. To taunt and be sarcastic even while facing each other head-on, it's a kind of talent.

The laughing Heretic eventually contained it and took a step forward, aiming the launcher at the person in front of him.

"At that time, the damn Jellyfish barged in and interrupted, so the story ended halfway. Remember? It's about the Queen."

"...The story of assassinating the Queen, was it?"

As if to affirm that, Nihiliste nods. The distance between them has closed another step.

"If you're willing to fight me even if you have to give up on that... well, can't be helped. But don't come regretting it later, okay?"

Now, how will he react? Heretic gazes at the human with the assault rifle in front of her. Due to the dark sunglasses covering his eyes, it's impossible to know the exact shape of his eyes. However, there's a sense of wonder and contemplation, evident from the squinting.

"...How about you just ask for help?"

"Huh?"

Don't interrupt──Nihilister's eyes, with a hint of irritation, narrow sharply. The person, a regular human with ashen hair, holding a signal pistol, keeps it raised above her head.

"Why am I the one asking for help?"

Could it be that he doesn't understand the situation to this extent? No, does he just not comprehend it? Heretic sighs heavily.

"You want to reclaim the surface, but you don't know what kind of existence the Queen is, where she came from, let alone where she is. I, on the other hand, know everything and even how to defeat her. It should be clear which side has the advantage."

─So, what will you do? Which side will you choose?

Facing the human with the gun in silence, Nihilista casually spreads his hands. If you can shoot, go ahead and try──that's the unspoken message.

"Commander."

A black-clad human doll approaches beside the regular human. The muzzle of the assault rifle she holds is also directed towards Heretic.

"I understand your hesitation, but... negotiating with Heretic is too dangerous. If an order is given, I'll launch a signal flare immediately."

The doll, with cheek-to-barrel textbook execution, advises that it's time to engage in combat with the individual in front of them. Now, which will you choose, human?

The crimson eyes continually gaze at the confronting human without interruption──then, from the index finger that was pulling the trigger, a release of tension is felt.

Subsequently, the aimed assault rifle is lowered toward the ground, and the safety is engaged.

"What's this? Humans can surprisingly communicate, huh? I like that."

"...I'll take it as a compliment and goodwill. However, if you pull anything strange, I'll blow your head off immediately. Don't forget that, miss."

The human, still holding the assault rifle, approaches from the rocky terrain to a few steps away from Heretic.

Once again, Nihilister slightly lifts his gaze to the human in front of him.

"I'll remember that well. As a reward for that decision, I'll tell you a bit of information you don't know. I wanted to set up some variables outside too."

"That's nice.──Everyone, lower your guns."

"But, Commander!"

"...Please, don't make me say it's an order."

Reluctantly instructed, she, with an ashen expression, lowered the signal pistol raised above her head.

Continuing, the other two pseudo-humans lower the muzzles of their assault rifles and shotguns. Nihilister, satisfied, sits down amid scattered mechanical parts of various sizes.

"No need to stand around. How about sitting?"

Even though Nihilister suggests it, there seems to be caution. The humans don't immediately take a seat.

"What's wrong? Still prefer a muddy fight? That's fine too, you know?"

"...I'll take a seat."

The human who sighed took off his helmet. Removing the housing of the headset covering both ears and hanging it around their neck, he places the helmet on the ground and sits on it.

Taking off the backpack they carried and removed the sunglasses that covered his eyes with one hand──revealing deep brown eyes.

"Now then. Let me say this once, so listen carefully."

"I'm listening──but before that..."

A human with hair evenly divided between black and white shakes their head up and down. He lit a cigarette with an oil lighter he had clenched between their teeth.

While the purple smoke wafts, the oil lighter is closed and returned to the body armor pouch. Just as the dark brown eyes are directed towards them, the human speaks.

"...Shaw Moore. The rank is Major. I don't know if introductions are necessary, but I'll say it just in case."

"Major, huh. For someone coming out to the field, you're quite a big shot."

She thought the rank was a bit lower, she even indirectly mentioned it. The Human─Moore snorts while exhaling the purple smoke, purposely turning his face to the side so that the secondhand smoke doesn't reach Nihilister.

Even though it's a smoker's etiquette, unaware of it, Nihilister opens his mouth.

"To kill those who won't die even if you kill them, like me and the Queen, you need to know the origin."

"I thought you just had to keep killing until you killed them all... That's unexpected information."

"Right?──That's where the problem lies. What do you guys think is the origin of the Queen?"

Asked about the origin, he furrows his brow deeply.

"Origin... Nikke, maybe?"

"Oh, you're good at guessing. Saves time."

From Nikke to Heretic, and then from Heretic to──whether it's Nikke or Rapture, it's challenging to distinguish. When Moore, the subordinate whose memories changed into a being, responds, Nihilister breaks into a grin.

"I, Liberator, Indivillia──Anachio."

---

.

.

.

──That name "Cinderella" is already forbidden. It has an official codename now. Anachio, that is.

"Anachio."

"Has she disappeared somewhere now?"

"No way. We just can't meet because we're focused on defense operations, but Anachio's activities are a huge topic."

.

.

.

"──My kin that you don't know about. ... And the Queen too. We all started from the invaded Nike──Hey, what's wrong?"

The lit cigarette falls to the ground with a soft sound. Moore, the one who was holding it in his mouth while it rolled with a trail of purple smoke, stiffens his expression and begins to sweat. Noticing this, Nihilister, puzzled, speaks up.

"──... I'm fine. So, what's this about... Oh, no, I remembered. The 3 divisions that were deployed in the western region were reported to be annihilated earlier──"

"What are you talking about? Hey, is your commander okay?"

It's too sudden──and the story lacks context. What exactly did he remember?

"Wait a sec..."

──No way.

The crimson eyes narrow sharply, and the gaze is directed at the sitting commander.

The black-clad pseudo-human, Rapi, who walked up behind him, placed a slender hand on his shoulder.

"Commander, are you okay?"

"...Rapi?"

"Yes. It's me. ──Excuse me."

She, noticing the dripping sweat, takes out a handkerchief. Gently pressing the cloth against the skin, she absorbs the droplets. While watching this, Nihilister clears her throat lightly.

"... Can we get back to the conversation?"

"...Sorry for interrupting the flow of the conversation. Thank you, Rapi. ──Shall we continue?"

Picking up the fallen cigarette at his feet, Moore, with the lit end still in his lips, prompted the continuation of the story.

1