01R. Her Name is Kathryn (1)
637 9 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

━━━━━━┛༻❁༺┗━━━━━━

Chapter 1

Her Name Is Kathryn

━━━━━━┓༻❁༺┏━━━━━━

                                                         

Opening music - Click to play🎶

                                                         

(a distant memory)

On the fateful day at the garden swings, a malevolent glint sparked by jealousy danced in a certain girl's eyes as she concocted a plan to harm the girl following her. As they played innocently, the evil girl's malicious intent took hold, and with calculated force, she pushed the innocent one off the swing. The sound of impact and the little one's cries were music to the evil girl's ears, a sick satisfaction coursing through her veins.

As the little girl lay injured and vulnerable, the evil one approached with false concern masking her inner glee. Her twisted smile concealed the true nature of her intentions as she shed crocodile tears and pretended remorse, all while savouring the success of her cruel scheme.

Summoned by the cries, the Duke's servants arrived to find the elder one sobbing and and younger sister in pain. The act of deception continued, her weaving a web of lies so intricate that even her conscience was momentarily clouded. 

"Quickly, call the Healer to the estate." The Duke barked the orders to the old butler while looking at a middle-aged maid who was holding a bandage over the young girl's head to prevent blood loss.

"What happened?" asked the duke to head maid. But before she could respond the little devil clinging to him interjected.

"It is my fault. Father. She got knocked by the swing as she was pushing it.. will she be ok... I should have been more careful.. dear Rose wake up.... aw hah..." spoke the evil girl with blonde hair while crying.

The duke tried to console her by hugging her. The Duke's comforting embrace was met with satisfaction, her manipulation of his emotions granting her an intoxicating sense of control.

The maid standing behind the pair looked at the crying girl as if they had seen something that was repulsive, and evil, but they all kept their silence as they knew their place in the household.

"She will be all right dear. Don't cry it's not your fault." The Duke hugged her beloved daughter as she glared at the maids standing behind them.

As time went on, her malevolence only grew. She became skilled at wearing a mask of innocence while secretly sowing discord and orchestrating harm. Each scheme was a calculated move, every action driven by a thirst for power and a desire to see those around her suffer.

The memory of that day at the swings remained etched in her mind, not as a lesson learned, but as a testament to her capability for darkness. Her transformation into a figure of pure malevolence was complete, her heart devoid of empathy or remorse. Her every step was a calculated dance of cruelty, leaving a trail of pain and chaos in her way.

==========================

(In a certain house, middle of the night.)

While lying on her bed, a young girl adjusts her glasses and watches the screen of her phone intentively while scrolling through a web novel site.

----------------------------------------------

Our Heroine Rose struggled her entire life for this very moment. To end the wretched cycle of regressions and seemingly endless suffering, and to find peace and the destined good ending. Now, She was closer to the truth than ever as she stepped into the realms of higher beings.


 [AUTHOR'S NOTE:: Hi, there it is me again yours truly 'Iamnotabot', The next chapter will be the last chapter of the web novel. It has been a long journey and I could not thank you guys enough for the support that you have shown in these past few years::happy icon emoji::. As with every story, this one will also meet its end, be ready for the ultimate climax that you ever read.]


Click to like the chapter ♥️

Click to view the next chapter

*tap

(webpage loads)

----------------------------------------------

1# Villainess laughs when they die.




🌟🌟🌟🌟✨(4.8)

Views: 54.7M, Favorites: 827480, Chapters: 399, Chapters/Week: 0, Readers: 48214, Reviews: 556, Words: 802.7k, Updated: a year ago, Author: Iamnotabot

Click to read the first chapter Add to the reading list ♥️

--------------------------------------------

"Huh, it's over. Where's the last chapter? Don't tell me, he also went into hiatus." Complained the girl as she scrolled down the main page looking for more info.

"Well, at least I know what the villainess's weaknesses are...hope they work in the game too." She looks at the time on her phone. 

[3:53 am]

'What it's almost morning now... Didn't realise it took so long.' 

Looking at the title screen of the web novel that she had been reading for the last 16 hours straight, she felt accomplishment mixed with a speck of loneliness.

She closes her heavy eyelids and places the phone by her side.

(Blink)

"Huh, it's so bright" trying to adjust sight.

Wait.... Bright Red gown, slender hands, adorned with jewellery... What going on here?

She was leaning by one of the curtains wrapped around the white pillars of an opulent hall as its occupants who were dressed in strange mediaeval-ish regal uniforms glanced at her with concern.

Once she managed to gather her composure back as she recovered from the momentary assault of dizziness, she saw a flock of concerned women dressed in maids' costumes rushing to help her. 

"Princess... "

'Princess?  Am I in some cosplay exhibition? No, it can't be as those are held in the middle of summer.....  Then, where am I ?'

Later, It was informed to her that she fainted while attending her engagement celebration banquet. 

She was confused and overwhelmed by interactions. People were asking about her health while some overly friendly ladies made some boisterous assumptions.

She couldn't do anything besides smile at them. But through all those interactions, she got a hunch about where she was.

'Acen Empire, King Leopold, Prince Raymond, Duke Evan...'

 They all pointed at one thing. They all were characters of a web novel that she was reading. The novel 'Villainess Laughed When They Died' was so popular that it later got adopted as a video game and anime. To help her friend clear the game, she decided to look for hints in the original novel, she started reading it but ended up binge-reading it. 

'Well, it is what it is... No need to cry over my fate.  On first look, It seems to be the case of transmigration. But I need more information.'

[Transmigration is an isekai troupe in which a person suddenly finds himself inside someone's else body.]

She possessed a good amount of knowledge about such events thanks to her habit of reading web novels. This did help her a little to quickly accept her newfound reality, though mainly it was due to the body she came to possess. Somehow her emotions were calmer than usual, as if there was some protective mental barrier present innately in this character's body.

A question emerged in her mind. 

'Now, when I think about it. Which character is this...'

There were multiple female leads and the story expanded to over 300 chapters.

For all these reasons, she couldn't manage to get someone to utter her name. They all called her Princess, but no one used her name. And she could not bluntly ask, someone to tell her name, which she normally should know. 

By Observing the behaviour of people she interacted with, the way they tried to excuse themselves, their looks, and the excessive politeness, she already had some idea but she needed definite confirmation.

He thought to herself, if she is what she thinks is, then it would be bad.

She scouted the youngest timid-looking maid out of the bunch, who was probably new at her job, as evident in how often she got scolded by fellow maids. After returning to the mansion. She asked for her and when she arrived. She verified her doubts one by one by questioning the maid. 

The maid kept shuttering and restlessly fidgeting which made her a bit irritated. But she endured that and finally asked her the most important question, which will decide her future actions.

While trying to keep her assumed character intact and believing in the fear-inducing facial features of this body,  she spoke while leaning forward.

"What is my name? By name I mean,.. my birth name.  Don't worry, you will not get punished for speaking my real name out of your unworthy tongue."

"K..Kathyrn Avenguard"

"Well, Fu." " she instinctively after hearing the response from the maid.

"Pardon" Confused and almost at the point of crying, the young maid looked at my irritated face. But before she could ask for grovel and forgiveness for the unknown mistake she made.  

"Nothing of your concern, Now, you can leave now." 

Avoiding any eye contact, the maid quickly left the room.

Once she was alone in the room, she relaxed on her bed. She placed her hands on her head, as she cursed her damned fate. Her mind was full of mixed emotions yet somehow undisturbed. Her eyes met her reflection in the mirror across the room.

Scarlet eyes, a fair slender physique with blonde hair. A body without any context would be the most desirable but she knew what the owner of this body has probably done until now. And it might already be too late to reconcile and avoid her doom.

"What happened to my original body? Can I return? How did it happen?."

"And what were the chances that out of all the characters in that damned novel I  got reincarnated as the main villainess...Kathryn Aveguard. The women who will suffer the most.'"

26