Chapter 1 Outbreak of the Apocalypse
73 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What a great day," a young slender man with black hair in a jogging outfit muttered to himself as he walked through a park.

"Oh, man. Lucky for me, I finally have a day off. It was about time".

"dididididi" the young man hummed to himself as he explored the park.

`I've lived here for 2 years but never had a chance to explore this beautiful park. What a shame. Is there more like this here in Hamburg?` the young man thought as he remembered the last 2 years.

The young man's name is Leon Winter, he moved to Hamburg 2 years ago to take up his job. Hamburg is a city and state with about 1.8 million residents. It is known as the -Gateway to the World- and has a lot to offer. They are known all over Germany for their fresh fish.

Originally Leon came from the land, however, all of his relatives died there, which no longer kept him there. Therefore he decided to move for his job. Currently, he works for a big German company as a salesman.

Due to this job, he had hardly any free time in the last 2 years, which frustrated him extremely.

As he walked through the park he heard a robotic voice in his ear.

<Planet 2944900 has been caught by the Apocalypse.>

<Countermeasure initiated.>

<Congratulations Earthlings! As a countermeasure the "System" has been granted to Planet Earth.>

`Am I that overworked?` Leon thought he hallucinated,

Not that you could blame him. Who'd believe you could suddenly hear a voice in your ear?

However, he only had a moment to think about it as he heard screaming from the side.

"Ah" "FUCK! DON'T EAT ME"! "AGHGHGHHGh"

When he turned to the side, he saw the unbelievable,

`FUCK!`

`Looks like I didn't overwork myself after all,` he thought in relief, which wasn't appropriate in this situation.

To his right, he could see 2 figures fighting.

One of the two was fighting with his fist, already covered in blood, while the other was biting wildly around him.

"Zombie?" Leon asked himself.

Of course, he knew what a zombie was, after all, almost everyone has seen at least one zombie movie. Even the term system was not foreign to him, since he was an avid gamer in his youth.

`Those were still good times,` he thought looking back.

Next, he looked around for a sharp object to defend himself. A thick stick would also work to smash the head, but he decided against it, as it would cost him too much stamina to strike several times. Especially for someone like him who works all day in the office,

After a bit of looking around, he was able to find a stick that was slightly sharpened at the tip.

`Not suitable for combat, but I should be able to kill a distracted zombie from behind.`

When he came back to his starting point, he saw the two figures again.

The man who had been covered in blood was now lying on the ground with his stomach open, while the zombie was feasting on his insides, which he was pulling out with his hands.

"Please.... help... me!" the man said in a very weakened voice.

Leon ignored this and raised his arm.

*splash*  *splash*

He then struck the zombie's head with the tip of his weapon, while the zombie nibbled directly from the man's belly with his mouth,

<Rank 1 zombie killed +10 XP>

`10XP? I should check my status Leon` thought as he decided to look at his status.

`Status?`

<Status>

<Name: Leon Winter>

<Title: None>

<Race: Human>

<Class: Locked>

<Class Skills: None>

<Passive Skills: None>

<Active Skills: Mind Eye>

<Affinity: None>

<Stats>

<Rank: 1>

<LV1 XP 10/100>

<HP: 70/70>

<MP: 0>

<VIT: 7>

<MAG: 0>

<STR: 7>

<AGI: 7>

<STA: 6>

<SP: 0>

"Am I really that useless? "

`Hm, Mind Eye?` Of course, he also recognized this skill from his gamer time.

A skill that gives you information about the person you are observing.

Since this skill shouldn't be the same, he decided to test it.

As he searched for a test object, he looked around again.

Inside a playground, he could see zombies celebrating with an all-you-can-eat buffet.

Luckily for Leon, he had seen a similar accident in the countryside before, so his lunch didn't come up again.

`Mind Eye,` he thought as he looked at a zombie.

<Zombie LV2 Rank 1> appeared above his head.

`huh? Just that? Why isn't that a passive skill?`

`Well never mind. Should I kill some more? At least they're distracted` he thought as he looked at the celebrating zombies.

`Oh, I have an idea,` Leon thought as he looked next to him. The zombie corpse was lying there, along with the man's body.

`Mhm? It worked in TWD. I hope it works here too,` he thought as he got to work.

He knelt next to the zombie and stuck his hand into the zombie's stomach.

What happened next was like a horror movie.

He took out the guts and spread them on his clothes.

Fortunately, he had no wounds that could infect him.

In TWD they used an axe, but I have nothing like that.`

At first, he approached the zombies slowly, but when he realized that they were not paying attention to him, he accelerated a bit.

Stab

<Rank 1 Zombie killed +10XP>

Stab

<Rank 1 Zombie killed +10XP>

Stab

<Rank 1 Zombie killed +10XP>

Stab

<Rank 1 Zombie killed +10XP>

+++

<Level up>

<Level up>

<Level up>

+++

Zombie afterZombie fell as he poked their heads through.

Before him were still 3 of them, but his stick tip was broken, so he didn't risk it.

During these attacks against the zombie, he noticed by accident that people who died by a zombie also count as a zombie. Makes sense when you think that they are midway in the transformation process.

`I Levelled up 3 time` he noted as he looked at his message history while looking for a safe place for a moment.

Since he is in a park, he decided to take the best tree.

Upon locating a thick tree, he climbed on top of it and sat on a branch.

With his zombie smell, he was no longer afraid of zombies, but he didn't want to risk being seen as a zombie. He might be able to talk to the other person, but that would only work if they didn't have a ranged weapon.

Long story short. The tree is the safest place for now.

`Status` (I will only show the changes)

<Stats>

<LV4 XP 30/100> (it doesn't change every level)

<HP: 70/70 ---> 100/100>

<MP: 0 ---> 30/30>

<VIT: 7 ---> 10>

<MAG: 0 ---> 3>

<STR: 7 ---> 10>

<AGI: 7 ---> 10>

<STA: 6 ---> 9>

<SP: 0 ---> 6 >

"No wonder I was feeling so much better. And this other feeling? That must be mana."

`Per level I get one stat point for everything and 2 extra stat points.`

Where should I put my stat points, Leon wondered.

`I should be able to kill the Zombies with my current strength at the beginning since I won't only use my strength but also a weapon.`

`Vitality is important. However, I have to be hit first for that.`

`Magic brings me nothing yet, I have no skill for it. Who knows if I even get a class with Magic?`

`Hm, Agility? This probably also means speed. If they can't hit me, I don't get any damage.`

`Stamina is the most important. I don't want to be unable to fight in the middle of a battle or be unable to run away.`

<AGI 10 ---> 13>

<STA 9 ---> 12>

In the end, Leon decided to invest 3 stat points in both.

Just as he closed his panel, he heard a voice shouting.

"HELLO, YOU THERE ON THE TREE! ARE YOU ALIVE?"

`Is this guy stupid? He is too loud!`

As a yes signal, Leon raised his hand once.

When the man saw this, he seemed to realize it and immediately fell silent.

When Leon looked closely, he could see the man better.

A fairly normal man, with an knife in his hand. He was a bit taller than Leon, who was 1.82cm tall.

Behind the man were 4 other people.

2 young men who could still be students from the age.

The other two were 1 woman and a man.

Both seemed to be in their 30s and were attached to each other.

`Should I go with them? Alone I would be more agile, however I would have meat shields` he thought as he went through the pros and cons.

Before he made his decision, he looked down from above and saw no zombies.

The 3 that were left were killed by the group.

`If necessary, I can always leave them behind.`

While he climbed down the tree he tried his Mind Eye on them.

Human appeared above all their heads, but there was no level or rank written on it.

`Why? This could solve a lot of trust issues. In general, the situation stinks. At the very moment when the apocalypse breaks out, we are saved and get a System.`

`Someone who can develop something like that should not be dependent on Earth. Is someone good-hearted?`

However, his thoughts were interrupted by the man walking towards him.

"You are not infected?" he asked as the blood on Leon was suspicious.

"Don't worry," Leon said with a slight smile on his face.

"It's not mine if you know what I mean."

"Ok, I am Fabian," he said as he put out his hand.

"Leon," he returned the hand pressure.

"And they?" he asked as he pointed behind him with his hands.

"Oh, sorry," he answered a little embarrassed.

"I was a teacher, and these are my students and colleagues."

`Teacher? Useless in this world.`

"Sabrina and Klaus," he said as he pointed to the presumed couple. "They are married."

Leon noded at that.

"Simon and Chris," this time he pointed at the two boys,

None of them answered to which Fabian only said: "Don't take it to heart, they have seen their friend eaten."

Leon nodded at this knowing that a school with many people in such a situation is a bloodbath,

"What is your goal?" Leon asked to know if it was worth going with them.

*sigh*

Fabian sighs at this and frowns. "I guess we are looking for a safe place."

`Safe place?` Leon asked himself.

"Do you have any idea, Fabian?"

"I'd like to count on the government, however..."

Leon understood immediately and stared into the void.

"We should get weapons, knives, guns, anything. Do any of you live nearb?" Leon asked,

One of the young raised his hand still puzzled.

"Where?"

"Three streets away."

"Then let's go to your place and gear up," he suggested, to which they all nodded.

And so they began their journey.

4