The 1st disappearance
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 saw my girlfriend, Amy, walking toward me with her stunning crimson shoulder-length hair. Her pale complexion was glorious except for the prominent bags under her eyes. "I told you to get some sleep yesterday, Amy." She rolled her bright blue eyes. “Make me.” I made her look at me and put my mouth close to her ear. “Happily,” I smirked devilishly. I kissed her forehead and we walked side by side. Amy started to fall but I caught her. Her head fell onto my shoulder. Even while she slept she was beautiful. 

 

Today was the first day of our senior year. Even though Amy was shorter, I was younger by five months. I put her on my back and walked to our class. We got our schedules last week and me and Amy figured out we have three classes together. One was our first period which was English four. I looked at my phone, saw my schedule, and went down the ‘800’ hall. I went inside a room labeled ‘807’. The teacher asked for my name, staring at me with amber eyes, I told him my name was Brent Johnson. His dark finger pointed to the sleeping beauty on my back. “Amy Jones. She was too tired to walk here.” Once he told me he found me and Amy on his clipboard I walked towards a table and lowered Amy down into her seat. After I was done I sat beside her and got a tiny pillow. I lifted her head just enough to slide the pillow under.

 

I heard someone talk about the hero who showed up last month. People on the internet had many names for her, GustGirl, Wisp, and Red Tornado. Last week though she went up to a news broadcast and announced her name as WindFall, which I liked more than any of the fan-made names. GustGirl seems too on the nose and Red Tornado sounds like a villain. I had no problems with Wisp though. WindFall fought a guy who robbed the biggest bank in Kansas City, The Aucterrian, last week.

 

I looked at Amy again and saw an unfamiliar scar on her arm. ‘I’ll ask her later.’ I thought as I traced the scar. It wasn’t concerningly big but it wasn’t small by any means. I saw her red shirt and it said: “I’m something stupid” in blue letters. I chuckled remembering the Christmas gift she gave me. It was a matching shirt except it was blue and it said “I did something stupid” in red letters. I was wearing it today. I looked at her neck and saw the zodiac necklace that I got her. It was a Libra symbol, two bars but the top one bent away from the other. It was made of stainless steel. 

 

Suddenly a voice came over the intercom. “This is a lockdown, I repeat this is a lockdown.” The teacher yelled at us to hide in the back and I shook Amy. Her blue eyes opened “What’s going on?”. “We need to hide.” I dragged her away from the door towards the dark area of the classroom. She looked at me with remorse. “I'm sorry,” she said as I felt oxygen leave my body. I heard her tell the teacher something and he walked over to me. As my vision fade to black I saw her leave the room. I tried to yell out for her to stop but I couldn’t.

 

I woke up about 30 minutes later or so the teacher told me. I walked toward the door but the teacher got in front of me. “I'm not letting another student out of this classroom.” I shoved him out of the way and left. He yelled as I closed the door. “Kid you’re going to be in so much trouble later.”

 

I heard a gun go off and ran towards it. I got out my phone and tried to call Amy. It dialed three times and I got her voicemail. I silently screamed at myself. I ran to the shots being fired. I saw a girl in a silver costume. It was WindFall. She had Crimson hair like Amy. I was a few feet away from her and the man with a gun. The man had silver hair but didn't look that old. WindFall was floating. She is probably using the air to elevate herself. They traded shots, well in WindFall’s case it was compressed air. Suddenly the man looked at me with black eyes.

 

He shot me before I could move. I felt a sharp pain below my knee. I howled in pain as blood exited my body. Whoever the man was, he was a lousy shot if he was trying to kill me. WindFall noticed me and flew me to the hospital. She had tears in her eyes and they driped down past her mask. I saw her blue eyes as my vision began to fade to black. “Please Brent stay with me.” She cried out to me and grabbed my right hand. The wind grew faint as she carried me.

 

My vision blacked out and then I saw people standing above my body. I heard a doctor in a white coat say something about a bullet. I was laid down but moving. I noticed WindFall was gone. My vision blacked out again. When I awoke I saw Amy by my bedside. She was drowned in tears. My hand was in hers.  “Hey, Amy.” She was startled and looked at my face. She hugged me tight. “Please don't ever do that again,” she whispered in my ear with a hoarse voice. “I'll try,” I promise and raise my hand to wipe the tears off her face. “Hey, where were you?” I asked. She looked at me and she chuckled. “She threw me in a closet.” I laughed but stopped, remembering how WindFall knew my name. My vision started to darken. “Can you please stay till I fall asleep?” “No problem.” She sat down and held my hand as I drifted off.

0