That one story- chapter 0.2
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I have what you seek, the answer to all things, the wish to save her is within my hands," Ybrik said as he brought forth a stone, a shiny one – a pure blood-red diamond.

 

"This stone is the key to saving her, the Bloodstone. It possesses the power to rewrite a story, a tale that should remain untold and dangerous. With this stone, you hold the power of an author," Ybrik's eyes gleamed as he gazed at the radiant gem.

 

"While you were busy defending this empire, I had time to do things you couldn't even imagine."

 

"The three of us – Lienar, 'the Masochistic Alchemist'; Aziel, 'the Paladin King'; and myself – we put in great efforts to create this Bloodstone. If it weren't for your recklessness in your youth, I wouldn't have believed such a thing existed – an artifact from legends and myths. Not until this holy war occurred did many unspeakable things happen, to the point that it even triggered the awakening of the old gods from their slumber."

 

"This stone required us to take the lives of a numerous gods, even an ancient deity. Blood was necessary for it to function. Yet, you, the Knight King, made the task easier by slaughtering many gods. Thanks for that," Ybrik grinned as he clapped his hands in awe to his other half

 

"But how could you have collected the souls if I was the one who slew them all?" the Knight King inquired in confusion

 

"Your trusted sword provided them to me. She sensed your pain and longing, which is why she acted. You had become numb, Knight King. Her voice couldn't reach you, so how could she seek permission? And now, she has fallen asleep due to your overuse – what a cruel fate, Eli, to have such a partner," Ybrik spoke with sadness in his eyes.

 

The Knight King despaired, realizing, "... I truly am unworthy. I couldn't even hear my own sword's words. That's why you've gone to such lengths, My dear Eli."

 

Tears flowed down the Knight King's face. He had been strong for far too long, too numb to feel anything, and now he wept.

 

No words could capture the agony the Knight King felt. The sword had been an extension of his heart, his most trusted ally, the one who saved him countless times – only to be betrayed by him. The honorable knight crumbled to his knees. Throughout all his battles, the Knight King had never suffered a wound that forced him to kneel, but this one inflicted an agony that made his entire being ache with unbearable pain.

 

"Lienar conducted the experiment, spending all of his wealth to make it work. You should have seen his face when it all went awry." Ybrik laughed loudly as if it were the greatest joke ever told.

 

Ybrik continued “He's now nothing but a beggar – madness consumed him, all for his research. He sacrificed his wealth, mind, and body. He descended into derangement. As great as he was, he couldn't complete the Bloodstone. So, I needed someone else to finish it. Someone with holy powers rivaling that of a god – Aziel, the Paladin King, a fallen angel. I encountered him by chance, attempting to save his beloved, but like us, he failed. I introduced him to this stone, and he willingly offered his life force to purify it. This way, the stone would be exempt from the laws of this world. Now, it is complete! This Bloodstone defies all laws, even the rules of causality. A chance to rewrite all of this nonsense; isn’t it enticing?" Ybrik mused, his gaze meaningful, interrupting the Knight King's despair.

 

"You – how many lives have you sacrificed for this?" The Knight King's face was a picture of shock.

 

"Enough. I sacrificed enough – even my so-called brothers. We share the same feelings, creator. I couldn't bear a world without her, so I would sacrifice the entire world for her," Ybrik said with an unwavering conviction burning in his eyes.

 

"You're insane. You're willing to destroy this reality on a mere chance!" The Knight King was taken aback by Ybrik's audacious plan.

 

"A reality without her is unbearable, and yes, I am aware of my own madness. I understand that you, too, possess a kind of craziness – though it diverges from mine." He paused, allowing the weight of their shared history to settle between them, and then continued, "I'm fading away, creator. Now, offer me your hand. For us to bring about this transformation, we must stand together, even if it means destroying this world to forge a new one," Ybrik's voice remained composed, his palm outstretched towards the Knight King.

 

"You're right. I might be crazy, but not as crazy as you. I agree – a reality without her is not worth saving. This world, plagued by bitterness and war, holds no value," the Knight King spoke with unwavering conviction.

 

"Yes, let's bring this to an end," Ybrik coughed blood as he spoke, approaching the Knight King slowly, his life ebbing away.

 

"Ybrik, are you ready?" the Knight King asked.

 

"Yes, I've been ready all along. Hold this in your right hand, and I'll take it in my left," Ybrik said, his fist amassing black-colored mana.

 

"Together!" "Together!"

 

"I, Ybrik, usher forth salvation."

 

"I, the best beyond infinite origins, summon destruction." "White fills the heavens."

"Black devours the void."

 

White and black mana rent the world asunder, and from two points, red mana oozed, indicating the unspeakable demise of the world. The greatest and the worst merged. Salvation brought an end to all things, while destruction paved the way for new beginnings.

 

Deafening silence

0