Chapter-91
84 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Defend the south wing! Don't let them through!" Nissa crouched just in time to avoid a flame that nearly singed her face. She swiftly turned 180°, conjuring a crescent of ice that cleaved the pair of soldiers attempting to attack her in half.

Exhausted but determined, the girl pressed on in the battle. However, she couldn't dodge a projectile from a pipe that exploded the ice wall behind her. The explosion sent her flying several meters into the air, and she ultimately landed in one of the water channels.

Struggling to stay afloat, she managed to reach the shore.

"Keep going!"

"Team B, advance and open fire!"

"Victory is within reach!"

Nissa watched in frustration as the relentless soldiers of the Fire Nation continued their advance on her home. The waterbenders were dwindling in number, and civilians were being cornered by the soldiers, who would likely force them into slave labor, as had happened many times before.

The tragic tale of the Southern Tribe was repeating itself in their sister tribe to the north.

"..." With great effort, Nissa pulled herself out of the water and leaned against a wall, her spirit waning as she heard the heart-wrenching cries of the tribe's inhabitants pleading for help.

Hope was shattering, much like the ice that had always protected the tribe.

"There's a teacher!"

Niisa didn't bother to look up as she heard the heavy footsteps of dozens of soldiers charging toward her.

With a bitter smile, she contemplated the idea of letting herself fall and rest.

But where was the fun in that?

"Come on, you bastards!" The waterbender shouted, though she lacked the energy to form an ice dagger. She still had her fists and teeth, and she was ready to fight to her last breath.

A tense silence enveloped the tribe, everyone freezing as they heard a sudden explosion. Half of the village was enveloped in a dense white smoke that alarmed the soldiers.

The pounding footsteps turned into frenzied shouts, and the invaders couldn't react as they were engulfed by silhouettes that emerged from the smoke like arrows.

"Argh!" The first soldier took a blow to the face, his jaw nearly broken. He was only the first of hundreds to be attacked by the countless golden and orange silhouettes.

Nissa stared in astonishment as she saw thousands of copies of the boy who had defeated her and pulled that infamous prank on her. They overwhelmed the soldiers, their sheer numbers proving insurmountable. For each soldier, there were ten clones assaulting them mercilessly with punches and kicks.

Even the machines were no match for such a multitude of attackers. The clones overtook them, hoisting them above their heads and flinging them into the sea.

"..." Grinning, the exhausted waterbender slumped against the wall, unable to continue. She finally fainted, collapsing to the ground. Unbeknownst to her, one of the many clones caught her just before she hit the floor.

…..

"Fire!"

Zhao seethed with fury and frustration. He had believed that victory was within his grasp after killing one of the moon spirits. Not even Iroh's betrayal could dampen the smile on his face, a smile of anticipated triumph.

But his elation was short-lived as his army was overwhelmed by thousands of clones of the young boy, all of them launching attacks on his troops and fleet. They couldn't fend off so many copies, for every clone they took down, ten more appeared in their place. It was chaos.

Left with no other option, he made a hasty retreat.

Zhao wasted no time in fleeing, abandoning his squad who were now besieged by the relentless clones. Running through the icy corridors of the tribe, he paid no heed to his wounded and fallen soldiers, not even sparing a thought for the soldiers who had served him with dedication and loyalty. Ignoring the cries of the wounded, he spotted one of his ships near the coast.

Freedom seemed within reach until he was abruptly halted by a powerful kick to his abdomen.

"Leaving so soon?"

Zhao clutched his aching stomach, the blow had left him gasping for air. Looking up, he saw the original boy, still alive despite the blood-stained bandages on his chest.

"You..." The rage and regret welled up inside him, regret for not finishing off the boy when he had the chance. "Die!" He wouldn't make the same mistake twice. Grabbing the musket from his back, he aimed it at the boy and pulled the trigger.

Naruto barely flinched when the bullet struck his shoulder. With a determined expression, he began walking toward the admiral. Desperation led Zhao to throw his weapon and employ firebending against the boy, but before the flames could reach him, the sea seemed to come alive. A dome of water formed, shielding the young shinobi.

"No..." Fear turned to despair as Zhao futilely shot fire at the watery being that remained unaffected by the flames. "No! It can't end like this!"

Naruto stood as a silent observer. His chakra reserves were nearly depleted, and his clones had vanished in quick succession. He could only watch as the water enveloped him.

Young warrior... thank you...

His muscles relaxed as the water began to heal each of his wounds, even the bullet wound he had sustained moments earlier. Gradually, the water receded back into the sea.

Naruto, now healed and stunned, lay there. Although his injuries were completely gone, his body had reached its limits and gave in to exhaustion. The last thing he glimpsed was the spiritual silhouette of a fish at the heart of the tribe.

[ If you want to read advance Chapters then go to Pat reon and support me there.

PAT REON I'D:- Alzero ]

5