Chapter 3: Genics and co.
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Night slowly starts to set in and everyone is in their room, doing their own things. Mino is practicing with his guitar, Sora is reading a book and Jack and Bolt are preparing for their night-time jobs. Both of them leave their rooms quietly, trying not to make too much noise as they walk down the hallway and past Minos and Soras rooms. Nobody notices them leave and soon the house goes quiet as the brothers go to sleep. 

The next morning, Mino slowly wakes up from a wonderful smell that fills the whole house. He looks heavily interested as he jumps out of his bed and heads towards his door. In the hallway, Mino can already see Sora, looking just as interested about the smell and without even saying anything, both of them walk towards the kitchen where the smell emits from. A sizzling sound can be heard as they get close enough and then both of them spot Jack and Bolt cooking. The brothers tilt their heads in sync as it seems like they are both cooking, but it seems to be 2 different meals. Sora steps closer as he looks at both meals "Aren't you two cooking together?". Bolt and Jack just give each other an upset look and continue their cooking with no response to Sora. He just gives a shrug and sits down with Mino, waiting for the food "Well, 2 meals is better than one I guess". Mino nods and looks past Sora at Jack and Bolt "I wonder why they are upset at one another". "A strong case of 'Wanting to be better' syndrome" Sora says jokingly while chuckling.
Mino gives a small giggle and the next thing he sees are 2 plates getting placed down in front of him by Jack and Bolt. Bolts plate having cooked pork, steak and chicken on it with a tiny bit of broccoli and Jacks plate having cooked fish on it with mashed potatoes on the side and cut lemons on top. "Tell us which one is better!" Both of them say, looking very sure of victory. Sora looks at the food and pouts "Don't I get an...". "Shush! This is important" He is abruptly interrupted by both Jack and Bolt holding a hand out to him to tell him to stop talking. To that, Sora just rolls his eyes "Whatever". He then gets up to make his own food. Mino looks heavily confused at them and then looks at the food. He starts to try Jacks food first, the fish being quite tender and tasty as Minos eyes light up happily. Then he tries Bolts food, looking slightly irritated that it's mostly just meat, but tries it anyway. All of the meats are cooked a little far so that biting into them almost feels like biting leather. Mino tries his best, but seems to struggle to even tear a piece off of the meats. To that a small chuckle can be heard from the kitchen where Sora is cooking and slightly watching "Glad I am cooking my own stuff after all". 
Bolt looks slightly disappointed as Mino gives off a small whine and puts the fork and meat down "I... I can't bite this". A slight look of disappointment washes over Minos face as well as he had been looking forward to try the cooking of his new friend. Jack just laughs at that and gives Bolt a smug grin "I always told you that nobody likes the meat as done as you like them". Grumbles can be heard from Bolt as he takes the plate from Mino and smiles at him "Don't worry, next time I will cook it more to your liking!". Minos face turns back to a happy smile as he nods and keeps eating the rest of Jacks food. Bolt goes off to eat his own cooking and Sora finishes and starts to eat his food. 

After eating, Mino quickly gets up and stretches "Okay, I will go out and explore the city a little". Sora immediately steps forward and smiles happily "Perfect, I will go with you". Shaking his head, Mino looks at his brother with a gentle smile "Alone". All three of them tilt their head and Sora speaks up worried "Alone? Why alone? Let me come along to make sure you are safe". Mino gives a small pout and shakes his head slowly "You can't always be at my side. Let me do something alone finally". With a slight look of shock on his face, Sora gives a slow disappointed nod. Jack shrugs it off and puts his arm around Mino to lead him to the front door "Let me bring you out then. I gotta go and meet up with some people now anyway". Both of them leave the house and once outside, Jack waves Mino goodbye and they both go on their own way.

As Mino explores the city, he walks past many various places that catch his attention. The first one being a big park. He decides to take a walk through the park. In there, he sees many people walking around. Some of them being couples that just sit on a bench and hug or kiss each other or just happily walking along a big pond in the middle of the park. Mino approaches the pond and takes a look inside. In there, he sees many different kinds of fish swimming around carelessly. The majority of them being Koi fish. Minos tail slowly starts to sway from happiness as he watches the fish swim for a little. Afterwards he heads onwards and leaves the park. 
The next place that quickly catches his sight is a gigantic building. He looks up at it impressed "Woah, I have never seen such a big tower". "Impressed? That's the headquarters of Genics and co. I'm sure you heard of em, didn't you?" An adult female voice says from right next to Mino. He flinches slightly and quickly looks at her anxiously, seeing a fine looking fox lady in a suit "Oh, s...sorry, I didn't see you there. Yeah, I h...heard of them on the news". The lady gives a soft chuckle and smiles at Mino "Would you like to see the inside? I just so happen to have quite the good connection to the CEO". Mino quickly looks excited instead of anxious and nods "I would love to! This place looks interesting".
The woman smiles as she watches Minos tail sway quickly and leads him into the building. She walks up with him to the secretary sitting on a big table and winks at the canine looking secretary. Afterwards she shows him a card and he just nods. The lady smiles at Mino and continues on with him "And just like that we are in. In this bottom part of the building, there are mostly only the doctors who give people their injections". Mino looks into one of the room and sees an empty patient chair with some syringes next to it and a doctor typing something into a computer. After walking past a couple more rooms like that, she leads Mino into an elevator.
There Mino spots a keypad with a keyhole under it. The lady pulls out a key and puts it into the hole, turning it and then entering the number 43. The number appears on a screen over the keypad and then the lady presses a green button on the bottom right of the keypad. The door slowly close and the elevator moves up. She looks at Mino and gives him a soft smile "So what's your name young boy?". He smiles back at her "My name is Mino". "Nice to meet you Mino. My name is Alexa".
The doors of the elevator open and reveal a gigantic office floor with many workers sitting on their computers and all of them look fairly happy. She leads Mino out of the elevator and through the floor towards one of the windows. Mino presses his face against the window and looks down excitedly "WOAH! We are soooooo high!". The lady gives a soft chuckle and nods "Yes yes, we are on the 43rd floor after all". He then looks around excitedly and heads on towards a separated office with glass walls "Who works in there? They must be important if they have their own room like that". She follows Mino and nods "Oh yes, this one is our head of the marketing department and the one responsible for all the ads on TV of our company". To that Mino just gives a small pout "So the one that ruins my favorite shows with breaks".
She just laughs and continues to show Mino the floor until eventually heading back to the elevator with him and enters the number 68 into the keypad next "So tell me, did you have an injection yet?". Mino just smiles and shakes his head "No, we have always been quite poor, so we never had the money for something expensive like that. Oh and my brother would probably be against it, since he is no fan of the injection". The lady looks interested and nods slowly "Oh really? Why is that? Wouldn't it be nice if you could live a little longer and spend more time with your friends and family?". Mino thinks a little and nods "Well, I guess I would like to have more time with my grandma. She is always so nice and gives me lots of food and presents".
"In that case, maybe you should think about it" She says and the doors open again, this time revealing just a rather small floor with one big office in it, that looks rather luxurious with black furniture that has gold accents. Mino steps out of the elevator and looks around impressed "Wha? This looks different then all the rest of the building". The lady chuckles and nods, following Mino "Oh yes, that is, cause this is the CEOs office". He slowly slides his hand over a shelf and smiles "Really? The big boss works in this office? No wonder everything looks so fancy". She steps next to him and smiles "Be careful, everything in this room is expensive". He quickly pulls his hand away and nods "Oh, right, sorry". Mino also keeps exploring this floor for quite a while and then both of them head back to the elevator.
The lady accidentally presses the minus button on the keypad, before erasing the minus and pressing the 0 that is right next to it. The elevator takes both of them back down "That's it for now Mino, I now have something to do. Maybe I will see you again soon". He looks slightly sad to that and nods, heading back out of the building and looking back up the tower "I was all the way up there, hehe". 

Then he continues on exploring the city. His next stop is the ice-cream shop. Once he spots it, he dashes inside and looks through all the different kinds of ice-cream they have. He looks extremely excited and orders a strawberry, vanilla ice-cream. "Oh, I'm sorry, but strawberry and vanilla are out. We didn't get our supplies today since our supplier had an accident. We would still have chocolate left though" The shopkeeper says, but Mino just shakes his head in disappointment "No... I don't like chocolate. I guess I will come back another day then...". Mino leaves the shop slightly sad and heads back home as the sun starts to set. 

He walks and walks and as he looks around, it dawns upon him "I'm... lost...".

0