Chapter 5: Party night
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jack walks through the hallway and sees Sora poking his head into Minos room, saying "Everything alright Mino? Need any help?". Mino shakes his head and smiles happily "Nope, I can get this done by myself". Sora gives a slow nods and smiles back, closing the door and staring to leave. He immediately stops once he sees Jack "Oh hey Jack, done with your board game?". Jack slowly nods and chuckles "Yep yep, I lost. So if Bolt comes and brags about it, you know it already". "Good to know" Sora says as he starts to head to his own room, chuckling. Jack quickly places his hand on Soras shoulder to stop him "Hey, how about your new stuff? The store should still be open and I could help you carry it all home". A surprised look draws onto Soras face as he turns to face Jack "Oh? Well sure, it would be nice to have my room decorated as I like it as soon as possible". And so both of them leave the house and start to head to the same store.

"So what is this nightly work you and Bolt do?" Sora asks as they enter the store. Jack looks away just slightly and smiles "Well, you know. It's nothing much and we don't even work together. I work as a night guard from time to time and he works as a bouncer for one of the clubs around here". Sora grabs some candles to put into the shopping cart as he chuckles and responds "I guess Bolt does seem like the type to work in that job. So you work as night guard? For what place?". "It's multiple actually. Sometimes for a bank, sometimes for a museum, sometimes for something else. It all depends on when they need someone" He answers as he seems to be looking around at the various things in the store as well. Sora just accepts the answer, even though he doesn't seem quite happy with it. He puts some furniture and decoration into the cart and thinks of more things to ask "So about your past. Mino told me that nobody knows about it. How come? Like you must have told someone or someone has to know". Jack just shakes his head "No, nobody". Sora gets a little closer to Jack as he drops some paint in the cart "Then at least tell me a little". Rolling his eyes a little, Jack pushes Sora away "I can't. I kinda... don't really know myself". Sora tilts his head confused "You don't? Eh?". Jack shrugs and smiles "I barely know anything from before meeting Bolt. I know my name and... yeah, I know my name. I don't even know how my parents look like". They push the cart towards the checkout and Sora looks at Jack sympathetically "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to push too far". Jack shakes his head and pays for everything "Don't worry about it. Everyone has their own story with their ups and downs. I just don't really know mine. You can see it as an advantage or disadvantage". After paying, they both start to carry the bought things back to the house. On the way, Jack looks at Sora "We always talk about Bolt and me, but how about you and Mino? There has to be some things you two experienced". Sora quickly looks away as he thinks back "I... yeah...". Jack decides to let it be for now and bring the stuff home first. The rest of the way was filled with an awkward silence.

Once coming back home, Jack and Sora bring everything into Soras room. "So I would like to help you a little so we can talk more" Jack says as he sits down on Soras bed. Sora nods to that and smiles "Sure, I will quickly get the tools for the furniture from Mino and then we can talk". He leaves the room and heads over to Minos room. He opens the door and sees that everything seems to have been properly decorated. The walls have been painted pink with white flowers on the bottom of them, the bed has the pink blanket on it and the pillows, the table has been put together and stands in a corner with a small plant on it, there is a bigger plant in a corner of the room and the window frame has also been painted white. Other than some more small decorations, everything seems to be in place and finished. As Sora looks to the ground where the round carpet is to look for the tools, his expression is felt with panic, fear and sadness as he spots small drops of blood on the ground. He rushes out of the room, his breath getting heavier and heavier by the second "MINOOOOO!". Bolts voice can be heard from the bathroom "Over here!". Sora runs towards the bathroom, slamming the door open, still breathing heavily. He quickly calms down as he sees Mino sitting in Bolts lap, a bandage around his finger. Bolt looks worried at Sora "Everything is fine, don't worry. He just got a cut on a nail". Sora takes deep breaths as he approaches Mino. Mino looks disappointed in himself as he looks at Sora "I...I'm sorry. I didn't want to make you worry. It was an accident. I... I didn't mean to-". Sora hugs his brother tightly as a tear runs down his face "I'm glad you are okay". Bolt looks heavily confused at Soras whole reaction and Jack, who has watched from the hallway as he got worried from the scream seems confused as well. 

It took a little for Sora to calm down completely, but once he did, he let go of Mino and steps back. Bolt then looks at Sora, still holding Mino in his lap "Don't you think you worry a little too mu-". He is interrupted by Mino "No!... no he does not...". Jack and Bolt just look more confused at that. Sora turns around silently and starts to head out of the bathroom again "B...be careful". He walks past Jack and heads towards his own room. Afterwards Mino gets up and smiles as he starts to leave as well. Jack looks at Mino as he walks past him "You two..." He mumbles and Mino disappears in his own room as well. Bolt gets up and walks to Jack "Seems like we aren't the only ones with secrets, huh?". Jack shakes his head, still staring at Minos room "I guess not...". "Do you think they need help?" Bolt says in a slightly worried tone. Nodding can be seen from Jack as he answers "Yeah, but not yet. They need space right now. Lets just support them wherever we can". He starts to head towards the living room as Bolt gets an idea. He follows Jack and lightly punches his shoulder "Go and make some nice dinner. I will prepare games and movies. The two could use some distraction once they are done with being wrapped up in their heads". Jack looks heavily confused "You let me cook instead of doing it on your own?" Rolling his eyes, Bolt is already going through some movies "Maaaaybe you are slightly better at cooking, okay? Happy?". "Oh very happy" Jack answers as he heads towards the kitchen, preparing dinner and various other snacks for all of them.
Jack throws a self made snack over to Bolt "Catch!". Bolt catches it and looks at it. It seems to be a self made skewer with a grape, a piece of cheese and a piece of meat on it. Looking slightly confused, Bolt asks "A grape? And cold meat? Does that even fit together?". Jack rolls his eyes and continues cooking "Just try it idiot". Bolt tries the self made skewer and his eyes widen "Damn... I want more...". Laughing can be heard from the kitchen and Jack throws a pieces of meat, that he filled with marshmallow pieces into the oven "Told ya". Bolt laughs as well and prepares a console to play games with and the movie player so it can be switched by the press of one button "OI, what music?". Jack thinks a little and grabs some drinks from the fridge, looking at them "Pop and rock, maybe some slight deviations to have a nice mix. What drinks?". "Fruit juice to have something mild, some water, sparkling and not and add something under 5%. We can watch out that they don't drink too much. If they don't like or want something, they will just leave it" Bolt answers, having seriously thought about it for a little and then he starts to prepare the music playlist. 30 Minutes pass and Jack looks over at Bolt "Foods ready, what about the music?". Bolt jumps up and heads towards the kitchen to help Jack to bring the food over to the living room table "Music is ready too". Jack looks slightly surprised "Damn, you even cleaned up? Didn't think you even know what that is". "Guess I am smarter than you think then" Bolt answers, laughing. He then sits down and starts the music, sitting down on the couch. The first song being a slow pop/rock mix song about love. Jack sits down as well and chuckles "Great way to catch their attention. They would never expect this kind of song right now".
It indeed doesn't take long and Mino and Sora poke their heads out of their room "Music?". Sora looks at Mino, slightly confused and Mino looks away slightly sad. He then looks away awkwardly and slightly sad as well, but takes a step out of his room "L...lets go and see what they are up to". Mino hesitantly steps out of his room and follows Sora into the living room.
They both look heavily surprised at the sight before them. They sniff the air filled with the scent of the freshly prepared food and immediately saliva runs down their mouths. Jack smiles nicely at them and chuckles "Care to join us?". "Y...you two did all this together? Like without fighting?" Sora asks curiously. Bolt starts to laugh and nods "Just cause we are fighting a lot, doesn't mean we don't make a great team, y'know?". The brothers approach the couch and sit down next to each other and between Bolt and Jack. Mino looks to the right, where Bolt is sitting "Uhm... did you cook too?". "Nah, don't worry. This time I left that to the professional" Bolt answers and looks at Jack. Jack nods and smiles, explaining the various foods to Mino and Sora. The brothers both take a piece of marshmallow filled meat and try it. The very tender meat almost feels like its melting on the tongue and then the sweet taste of the half liquified marshmallow inside rounds up the perfectly sweet, yet salty and slightly pungent taste of the meat. Bolt and Jack join in on the food as well and all of them seem extremely happy. After they all finish the main dish, Bolt looks at Sora and Mino "So movie or ya both wanna play something?". Minos eyes light up even more and his tail sways insanely fast at this point "Lets play something!". Sora just laughs and nods. Bolt switches the TV from music to the console and grabs a controller for everyone. He puts on a cartoonish racing game and they all start playing, taking some of the snacks Jack prepared from time to time and having lots of fun. After finishing that game, they changed to a same looking game, but about fighting each other. A couple hours pass and at the end, they also throw on a action/romance movie.
Once the movie finished, it was already past midnight. Mino looked slightly sleepy at that point and even Sora gave off a soft yawn. Both of them seeming to have completely forgotten what happened before all of this. Bolt smiles and leans back in the couch "Maybe you two should head to bed now". They both nod sleepily and get up. Sora looks at Jack and Bolt and smiles "Thank you two. This was an amazing night". Mino, who is clinging to Soras arm, so that he doesn't fall from the sleepiness, just nods, his eyes barely even open at that point. Then the two of them head to bed. 

Jack smiles happily at Bolt "This was... amazing-". Bolt nods and watches the hallway in which Sora and Mino vanished "I agree, it really has been a while since we had that much fun. Kinda sad that it's already over". Agreeing nods come from Jack as he gets up "Yeah, but maybe with them here, we can actually do this more often. For now lets just clean up". Snoring can be heard from Bolt and as Jack looks over, Bolt has fallen asleep while sitting on the couch. He just gives a soft chuckle and starts to clean by himself "Told you ya don't know that cleaning is". It took quite a bit to clean everything and turn off all the devices, especially since Jack wasn't quite as good with electronics as Bolt was. After cleaning, Jack looks over at Bolt, who was still asleep while sitting on the couch. He smiles softly and carefully moves Bolt to lay on the couch "It's not good for the back to sleep like that, idiot...". Then Jack goes to grab a blanket and puts it over Bolt. Afterwards he goes to his own room. 

Once he entered his room, he gets a call "Yeah? ... He did what?! ... Ugh, I will be there in a bit. ... Yeah yeah, I will be quick". He puts the phone away once the call ended and climbs out the window. He grits his teeth and climbs up onto the house. Once up, he sprints and takes a big jump, spreading his wings and starts to glide with quite some speed through the night and into the city.

0