Dungeon of Horrors – Chapter 2: Tea Party
27 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was dark, very dark. It's what you expect if you have your eyes closed in a place where is mostly dark. Romani had been sleeping for what could be easily days and when he started to waking up, he wished to still unconscious.

First of all, something was off. After opening his eyes after a long time, he saw a wooden table, but not on the floor, it was upside-down on the ceiling.

"How strange…" Romani thought while still looking at the rest of the generic blue brick room.

He didn't know where he was, his only goal at that moment was to get the heck out of there. Not at easy task if you ask because our boy noticed that he couldn't move his arms or legs. He looked down to see what was happening and it was some type of red goo.

He was covered by red goo from neck to feet and he was hanging in the air as the goo was connected to the floor by a fine red goo stripe coming from his feet. Then, Romani realized it. He was the one facing the wrong direction, not the table!

Once again, in simple words, he was fucked. The blue room would be almost an empty perfect cube if it weren't for the table and a nice looking purple door in front of him. He struggled, trying to get himself down to the ground but didn't work. "It's no use", Romani said to himself. It seemed like it was a waiting until he finds a way to set him free.

The waiting game didn't last long enough for Romani to break free. Suddenly, the purple door started opening very slowly. A moment of tension and fear took over the silent room. Romani expected to be Mr. Red the one who came in through and he wasn't wrong, not exactly. Indeed, Mr. Red was the one coming through but he didn't look like before…

Mr. Red was walking on 2 feet, dressed with a cute pink princess dress and a tiara on his head. He looked like a princess.

He came in walking slowly with two chairs in one hand and 2 cups of glass in the other. He put the chairs around the table and sat in one of them. From inside his dress he put out a glass teapot with tea. Romani though that is was time rethink his entire live and stop making stupid decisions that would let to have a tea party with a monster in a dungeon. Maybe now I should call Mr. Red, "Mrs. Red".

Mrs. Red snapped and the goo trapping Romani turned into a complete fluid, letting young misfortunes fell down and hit back painfully. When he stood up, Mrs. Red was enjoying herself drinking tea like a real lady from his little cup compare to her mouth.

Romani was NOT expecting to join her.

He tried to move very carefully around the room taking advantage of Red's rare symptoms. For his surprise, it didn't work. With all the precision in the world, Mrs. Red threw the other cup of glass to Romani, passing in front of his own eyes, centimeters away of hitting him, before it broke crashing against the wall.

For some reason, Red was cured from her "illness".

The lady pointed with her long claws to the left chair. Romani understood immediately what she meant and sat on it. She took out another cup from her dress, put some tea in it and gave it to him.

"I don't want to be rude, but I really dislike tea", Romani complaint, trying to get himself out of the situation.

Red grabbed Romani's cup and crushed it between her hands, then, she shook off the glass and tea and put out a cookie for him. Scared boy didn't want to complaint anymore after seeing her rage and took a bite from the cookie.

It was absolutely delicious!

He never tasted something so good before. While He was eating the cookie, she started to put out more cookies and tea. At that moment, it really was a tea party.

Romani ate and drank all he could. He didn't know why it tasted so good but also didn't want to ask. The last thing Mrs. Red pulled out was the compass.

He completely forgot about it!

For some reason, the compass was going crazy. The arrow inside it was spinning around like a tornado. It's really stupid to say again that Romani was, once again, confused, but at that moment he was already used to it. Apart of the arrow, the orange emblem drawn on the border of the compass was shining. He put his thump over it and unintentionally pressed. It appeared it was some kind of button. The compass opened from the middle just like a pocket watch would do, letting see what was inside.

Romani took a look to what was inside and said to himself: "Well that was disappointing".

It was the head of a wooden flute. He thought it should be a joke. In any case, he grabbed it and got a surprise because when he pulled it out of the compass the rest of the flute appeared.

"Well that's less disappointing", Romani said while Mrs. Red was watching.

Romani looked at Mrs. Red and saw a smile of excitement in her face. He didn't know why before he realized he had a flute in his hand. Red was waiting for Romani to play a song for her. Romani was just screwed. Never in his life he played an instrument before and now he had to play something really nice and good to please a monster.

He closed his eyes and brought near the flute. Mrs. Red got near, really near just to hear clear Romani. Romani had another plan in mind. One of the two was going to die in that room, so he should do everything it's in his hands to be the survivor.

For a brief moment, his mind was in white and his thoughts in order.

With Red's head at less of 1 meter away from his face, he held the flute strongly and jumped from his chair in the air. Mrs. Red didn't have a chance to react as Romani tried to nail the flute in her neck violently. The head of the flute got stuck in her neck and Mrs. Red shook all of her body in pain as blood came out of the injury.

Romani flew out of the painfully scene and started running to the door.

While he was running he was praying for the door to not be locked and surprisingly it wasn't. He took a last look before closing the door and saw a split face in Mrs. Red. Half mouth was smiling and the other crying. He completely closed the door from outside and started running away.

Surprise surprise! The room from before was part of the labyrinth of rooms. Romani was lost in there.

"Wait a moment. If we were in here all the time, why that room only has one door?" Romani thought while he was looking to the door of the tea room.

The only explanation that came to his mind was that he was near the walls of the confusing place and the exit should be close.

Navigating there wasn't easy and on top of that Mrs. Red could appear in any second. As much as he was searching, he couldn't find any exit. Eventually, noises would come from behind the walls. Romani was scared. He knew it was going to be Red and she wouldn't be very happy to see him.

He got faster and faster for each time he heard a noise from elsewhere.

It was useless, helpless; he could be finding an exit for days and never gets to it. Despair was filling him as he was running around. The noises were getting closer and closer and Romani was feeling like he was about to lost his breath.

Luckily enough, he found a room, it didn't have any exit but instead it was an armory room. It had swords, spears, shields, armor, bows and arrows.

Romani didn't think it twice. He grabbed the first sword and shield he encountered and stayed in a corner of the room, waiting for Mrs. Red.

Later, Mrs. Red would enter the room, opening the door slowly as his head peeked in with the same split emotions Romani saw her last time.

Romani felt like some sort of non-existing eyes from Red penetrate his soul.

“But you know what? I’m tired of you”, Romani said to Mrs. Red. Suddenly, all of his fear just disappeared.

He was determined to fight to death. It was weird. Why now and not before? That’s a question that I ask myself every day.

Mrs. Red was angry, very angry. She pushed the door very violently, so much that that it crashed to the walls in a 90º degrees spin and almost broke it. Without even thinking, she jumped straight to Romani.

He was smart, at least something good from him, and put his sword in front so Red would stab herself. She had reflexes from another world because in just least of a second she changed direction by putting just her hands on the ground and propel herself up, dodging the sword and getting advance over Romani being behind him.

He tried to turn around and slash her the fastest he could. Impossible it was. Mrs. Red didn’t waste time and with her right hand grabbed Romani’s face and stomped it to the ground. Romani really felt that hit but it wasn’t nearly as painful as what was coming.

The shield and sword Romani were holding were sent flying. Now he was paralyzed with nothing to protect himself but instead of being scared he was angry. He shook his body as hard as he could. He really wanted to get a hand onto Red and ripped her skin apart.

Mrs. Red was planning something crueler. She put out with her left hand from her dress the same flute Romani stabbed her with. Just a simple entire smile was enough to explain what was going to happen.

She lifted her arm in the air and stroked it back to Romani’s right shoulder, going through entirely, making a hole in the flesh. Romani screamed in pain loudly, but no one except Red could hear him. Mrs. Red started to make the hole bigger and bigger, doing circles with the flute while all the blood from Romani’s shoulder was spreading everywhere.

The amount of suffering was immeasurable. It got to a moment that it looked like Romani’s arm was about the separate from the rest of his body. Romani was literally dying. His blood was coming out like a fountain and he didn’t do anything he was about to pass out.

He looked around and saw a dagger thrown on the ground near his left arm. With the strength he had left he reached the dagger without Mrs. Red noticing it and gave the pain back by stabbing her in her forehead very fast.

Now Mrs. Red was screaming in pain and bleeding in horrors. Romani couldn’t feel his right arm anymore, so he used the left one to stand up and ran to the door.

Mrs. Red tried to follow Romani, but the dagger seemed to had cut part of her brain and little by little she fell to the floor.

She wasn’t moving.

She was dead.

Romani watched the entire scene and though: “If only we could have a tea party in my home…”

He exited the armory room and continued searching for an exit with his arm destroyed and still bleeding. It only took a few minutes for Romani to lose all strength and fell to the floor. Before passing out e wished he could at least saw his real parents one time…

1