Dungeon of Horrors – Chapter 3: Who is Who
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before I start to narrate the next events of this story, is important to remember what happened last time. Romani had a duel with Mrs. Red in what finally he defeated his monster for good and passed out bleeding with serious injuries. He should be dead (like always) but something saved him for his fated (like always).

Romani was sleeping. He tried to open his eyes but he couldn't. In the dark that his eyeballs was covered with, he saw a strange figure like it was far away. The figure was getting closer and closer for every second, until it suddenly jumped towards Romani, scaring him and making him woke up.

For once, he wasn't in a room made out of bricks, looking like a cell. He was in a garden. A beautiful garden.

Flowers of every color, cherry trees decorating the place with their pink leaves, statues of angels guarding the paths and a big fountain the in middle of it were some of the things that made the garden looked so precious.

It was a radical change but, why bother? It was ten times better than the dark, silent and damp dungeon.

He walked around, just for fun. He didn't know how he got there but it really didn't matter to him.

At some point, he noticed that in the edge of the fountain there was a little princess sitting. She had a purple dress with a elegant design and a little and cute silver tiara in her head beside her long hair in a ponytail. She was looking at her purple shoes while doing a lot of nothing. Romani got close to her.

The princess noticed Romani walking towards her and started talking to him.

[???]: Who are you?

[Romani]: Me? Well… I'm the…gardener's son. My mom went on a trip and my father didn't wanted to leave alone at home so he brought me today.

[???]: What a coincidence… I'm also a daughter from the gardener.

[Romani]: R-Really?

[???]: Yes, because the king is the one keeping the garden alive as it is now.

[Romani]: Oh dawn. I'm screwed up.

[???]: You don't need to worry. I'm not going to tell anyone. It's been a long time since I'm with someone of my age.

[Romani]: Thanks, but… Do you know my age or it's just speculation?

[???]: It's just speculation. My name is Scarlet. What's yours?

[Romani]: Mine's Romani. So, is this the castle's garden?

[Scarlet]: Why do you ask? You should know if you are here.

[Romani]: I should but I don't. Last time I checked I was in a dungeon just below this same castle and suddenly I'm not there.

[Scarlet]: A dungeon? Is there a dungeon just below us? I knew dad was expending a lot of time somewhere but not this. I'm going to look what is happening. Thanks for the tip Romani. I hope we can meet again!

[Romani]: W-Wait! Don't go…

Scarlet jumped off the fountain and vanished in the air, like she was never there.

Romani looked around, trying to find her. Then, the entire garden started to vanish like Scarlet did 'til it was only Romani in a black void. Young man was traumatized.

In his mind was the idea of sending a princess into her dead. Hurt from inside, he sat on the colorless floor and eventually stopped thinking.

Seconds were feeling like minutes, minutes like hours, hours like days, days like weeks, weeks like months, months like years, years like decades, decades like centuries, centuries like his life was going to end in any second.

The floor was black, the sky was also black, thoughts turned black too. Everything was black. In the black, a white shadow stood out. It appearance was like a very tall man covered entirely with a white blanket.

Bizarre, it was. Romani saw him getting close to him.

The mysterious entity was in front of Romani. From inside its cover, it came out a rotten arm with a rotten hand. Its skin was green and its flesh was orange. It showed to Romani three fingers raised and next lowed one. In a blink of an eye, Romani was back to the dungeon where he was left before, only with the exception of being cured from all his injuries, except the one on his chest.

He didn't understand what happened. He should had died but once more, he avoided his fate. Now that he was back into action, he continued exploring the dungeon and trying to not think about Scarlet. After all, it  could only be a dream.

Later, he finally found the exit door to the maze of rooms. He was so happy at that moment! Without thinking it twice, he opened the heavy door from where he passed out last time and took a look to what was at the other side.

Words are not enough to describe the scene Romani was contemplating.

The  best way I can describe it, it's that it was like a hill, a very tall hill. In a simple a giant room, there was a lake at the bottom of it and a hill coming out of it. The water on the lake was shining in every existing color. The hill was fill with beautiful flowers making rings around it and in the middle there was a path connected to the door with a stone bridge from the door Romani was entering. The ceiling was holding a thunder storm with lightning's zapping to one cloud to other constantly and at the top of the hill was a large sword embedded in the ground.

It was very intimidating! He saw all the scene and he was amazed and in part terrified. He knew he had to get inside and climb the hill to continue through the dungeon.

"What else…", Romani sadly thought.

One step at a time, he walked up to the top of the structure and realized the long sword stuck in the ground. Romani wasn't feeling very Arthur that day so he decided to let the weapon alone while he passed by it.

Unluckily for him, a lightning stroke the land next to the boy and the steel of the sword, tearing off the blade from the earth and pushing Romani down the hill from the other side.

At the other side, there wasn't any bridge or door. It was a room with only one way out, so young man feel to the water with the long sword just behind him.

He couldn't see what was going on inside the lake but he felt like some current was pulling him far away from the surface, to who knows…

0