Dungeon of Horrors – Chapter 4: “Hunting”
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

You know? I always feel like Romani should be dead at the end of any of these chapters.

In any case, the story continues and I am here to narrate it, mostly because no one else wants to.

Last time, Romani fell into a shiny lake from a hill inside a room. In the water, he tried to swim back to the surface but a current was pulling him back, into the deepest side.

He didn't have the strength to fight back so he went down and down and down, and down...

Without air to breath, our boy started to drown while he slowly descended to the bottom of the lake.

He wasn't conscious at that time. He was laying on the dark sand covering the ground and shining rocks illuminating the place.

Another thing that fell to the water was the long sword from the hill. Unlike Romani, the sword did not lay on the sand, the sand set aside so it could pass through.

Romani was nearby and when the sand moved, Romani's body also moved and he got caught by the hole in the bottom of the lake.

Deeper went the sword and just right behind it was Romani.

Eventually, The two got to the real ground of the room, where there was a perfect circular hole locked by and perfect circular black metal gate, which opened just seconds before the sword could touched it.

A lot of water fell through the hole, including the sword and Romani and then the gate closed itself.

Now, Romani was floating on the little water that flooded the secret room. He was still unconscious.

Little time passed by since then before something entered the room.

Like a ghost, a sphere of thin fog was doing circles around young man/monsters killer. While moving around, a trail of cold air and froze water were following just at its back.

The fog stopped over Romani and a silhouette of a deer on two legs with a tunica stood out, made of also fog.

Extending its arms, the deer put its strangely human hands upon Romani's chest. Almost immediately, Romani reacted and started spitting out water from his inside.

Before he could see anything, the fog disappeared and with that the humanoid deer.

Romani looked around. He didn't know where he was. The last thing he remembered was drowning in the lake.

One thing he really noticed is the water being very cold, and also some ice floating around.

He got up from the water and checked in his pockets if he had lost anything. For his luck, he didn't lose anything; in any case, he only had the compass.

Like I said, the room was filled with water. Standing on feet, the water only reached to Romani's knee. He looked up and saw the hole from where he came front.

"That's a big hole, maybe too big for the amount of water there are", Romani thought deeply and then realized to what he thought.

He was thinking unintentionally, but he didn't really care at all. Now he knew that it had to have more water in the room before he arrived.

He searched for an exit to the weird empty water room. Strangely, doors weren't a thing for the one who built that specific room. Romani tried to find some kind of secret exit hidden on the walls and while doing that he accidentally kicked the handle of the long sword.

Romani pulled out the mysterious war weapon from wet ground. The long sword consisted of a very detailed golden handle and the heavy iron blade. The sword was cool and everything and for self-defense it was good, but then, he saw it.

On the handle was painted some kind of orange emblem consisted in a tiny diamond with rectangles at both sides in a form of wings. For Romani, it was pretty familiar and of course it was! The compass had the same emblem on it. He didn't give it much attention in the past.

He took out the compass to look at it and it was exactly the same emblem. Surprised by the new discovery, he put the compass next to the sword just to see both emblems at the same time and the sword, not the compass, was being pulled to the compass like a piece of metal with a magnet.

A hole with the exact shape of the compass opened in the handle of the long sword and the like that, both objects got united.

Romani was as much as amazed as shocked. The first thing he tried was get the compass off the sword but it was useless. At the beginning, he didn't want to take the weapon because it looked very suspicious, but now it seemed he had to deal with it.

He grabbed it with two hands and named it Blade of Unknown or just Unknown, to not call it long sword. He thought about the name and for him it was cool. It's not cool. It’s confusing, believe me.

With Unknown in his hands he continued seeking for a way out. Not so long, walking around he put Unknown near a wall and it pulled back.

"What a strange reaction…”, Romani said to no one because he was alone.

For some reason, the dungeon was isolating Unknown, which it was actually good at that point. Pulling back the walls, he was finding a path. Probably wasn't leading to an ending but at least it was something.

At some point, the walls instead of going backwards, they turned aside like a door. It shouldn't be a surprise the fact that a room was there. I wasn't just a room, it was a bedroom.

The bedroom was small. It clearly was for just one person. It had a single bed with just a single mattress, a door to get out, a basket (supposedly for laundry) and a desktop with tiny pieces of paper scattered all around and a note.

Romani went straight to the desktop. He left Unknown on it and picked up the pieces of paper. Some letters were written in the pieces.

Romani came to the conclusion; "They had to be a note like this one. Someone o something must had cut it" and took the entire note to read it.

It said the following:

"Today is the last day of work. After all the expediencies, I think I really need to take a break. If it weren't for me, those things would be terrorizing everyone in the kingdom. They said to me that a creature from the level below descended to mine, so I got to find it and put it back. I've done this so many times I lost the count. It should be more than easy. Next stop is tundra; end of the journey is where my family is."

There was also a sigh on the note but it was blurry and impossible to read.

Romani knew that something was up ahead and he had to prepare for it.

At that point, Romani was different. He wasn't scared like when he first entered the dungeon. He made up his mind and he was full of rage, he wanted to get out of there and he was going to do it at any cost. How strange.

He grabbed again his Blade of Unknown and with a strong kick he opened the door, just to be welcome by what felt like the wind from the tallest mountain in the world.

The note wasn't lying. At the other side of the door was tundra inside walls. It shouldn't been a surprise after the thunderstorm…

The door closed itself. Romani was going to die of cold in there. Luckily for him (Who'd guess it?), the bed had bed sheets, so he took them and wrap up himself to not die of cold so quickly.

Now, he opened the door like a fucking normal person and walked on the snow. His feet were absolutely freezing. He couldn't feel his own face. There was snow everywhere, grass under the snow and trees. The wind sometimes was violent and sometimes it disappeared.

I can't tell how much time he was in that room. Let's say, at the middle of the room more or less, Romani stopped. In front of him was a fog in the form of the humanoid deer, only now it clothes resembled the ones of a maiden.

Lady Deer was just standing with her hands on her belly button. Romani was holding Unknown, prepared for battle in any second. The lady didn't move, so the knight struck first.

The blade totally went through her as well as Romani. He tried again, and again, and so many times that at the end he fell to the ground. Lady Deer was looking disappointed about Romani's behavior.

She lifted up her left arm and the fog around her took the form of wolfs. They were about to assault Romani. One would think that the best you could do in that specific situation is run for your life. Romani lacked of that type of common sense.

He got up. He saw wolfs. He wasn't scared. He was furious. He was tired. He had enough of this. He was going to fight them even though he knew he couldn't hurt them.

One wolf jumped at him and with a swing of his Blade of Unknown, he unpredictably cut the air around, including the wolf made of fog. The arrow of the compass started spinning and the sword started shining. Romani smiled.

The other wolfs tried to attacks Romani in vain because he was making circles with the blade of his sword, cutting air in a single direction, defeating the wolfs that approached and also creating a anti-tornado around, pushing back the fog from the zone.

Lady Deer was astonished. Romani wasn't cold anymore. The light from Unknown produced enough heat to keep him absolutely fine. Romani pointed at Lady Deer with the tip of Unknown's blade.

The lady wasn't satisfied with the result. She put her hands on the ground and it broke underneath Romani.

He fell (yet again) to a frozen lake, except it wasn’t frozen, it was very cold.

In the water, he tried to swim back to the surface. He noticed something was stuck in his shoes and when he looked down he saw the fate of a thousand people. The water was full with bones and skeletons of countless people that died there.

Romani had a hand stuck in his shoe. He quickly kicked it and swan back with Unknown in one hand heating the water. He was scared of

Lady Deer thought he would die in there and turned her back to the hole. Romani jumped out of the water and nailed Unknown to ground to he could got out.

The frozen lady immediately turned back around as Romani was getting out. They looked at each other at the eyes.

Romani got out and stood proud in the face of the animal.

More fog appeared around them. Instead of morphing into wolfs, they transform into ice spikes, approaching our boy slowly.

Romani was looking down. His long hair covered his face. The spikes were getting closer and he wasn't moving at all.

Suddenly, he shook his head revealing a total black eyes dripping balck fluids. The light of Unknown turned into a black light and the floor started shaking. All the bones that were in the lake below went through floor and they pulverized in the air, leaving a trail of bone dust, one which with just spinning around Romani step from a line to a tornado.

The Blade of Unknown absorbed the rest of the bones and fused with the light. The pupils came back to their places in a fury blood red color. He step back, a strong step back and he swung the sword from back to front.

The air surrounding went crazy in all directions, making the form of a sphere and Romani was inside it.

The ball of pure increasing air pressure got bigger and bigger and destroyed everything on the tundra and exterminated the fog.

Romani couldn't see anything during the attack because he closed them. When everything stopped, he opened his eyes and saw that below the snow there was the corpses of thousands of wild animals. The floor was a pool of blood dripping from every direction.

He dropped the sword and he fell to the ground as smoke was from his mouth. He couldn't move at all. His body felt very heavy and the blood pool was really cold.

He didn't have the strength to get moving so he fell asleep in the place…

0