Prologue – Birth I
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cold, It's cold, here, on the last frontier to the end of the world, I feel as if cold daggers were piercing the patches, the seams, and the holes of my clothes.

I feel pain in my legs, for the long and last climbing to my last destiny, after traveling through mountains and rivers.

But wasn't the end, it only was the beginning of another cycle more of endless repetitions of my humble routine, one that should be the same, one that should not change its base,  one that now was going to be harder and with less possibilities to a good end.

"This is our end"

The voice of my honorable father cries for pain to see our new beginning.

"It just can't be, It just can't be"

The voice of my stepmother, break into madness.

For my part, I don't understand their despair, I only see another house more, where they were going to be served almost as always. 

But it gives me pleasure, is a sin, but it gives me great pleasure to see their despair and I pray that my face doesn't reflect my feelings, after all, my reason to be is only being useful for them and any offense for my part, will make that I shared their despair.

Something important that I must take care of because I going to live in the same home as them, a cabin, which to enter, The inside faint view was so shocking for my parents that provoked make them to bow instantly, cursing the world.

For my part, I only guess that it needs cleaning. a roof, four walls, and a clean place are more than enough to rest and live, but better if I don't talk, contrary comments don't is good for my health.

What does worry me is where I was going to rest, Well,  that was what worried me since my parents in their wisdom, gave me the basement as a dwelling; dark and baleful, just as where I lived before, and now will continue living.

But I wasn't going to live in the darkness, being in the dark wasn't going to be useful for my parents, I had to work where necessary, how would my first task in this place, which was to go to make a broom to clean the house.

I never have made a broom and don't have material, my new home, although is made of wood, doesn't have anything inside it, only dush and the fine snow that I mush to clean.

Whereby, I had to leave for the patio, a great and immense patio that extended to my eye reached to see, but I knew that it had an end, because beyond this infinite and flat round covered by fine snow, was a cliff so steep and high, that only the death you will find if you fall. 

But this wasn't my concern, I didn't have any intention to test my luck walking by the shores, nor my objective was near there, or maybe yes,  but I doubt that I doubt that I have to arrive at that point, I only needed some branches and them the few trees that I could see from the distance would give them to me.

And that's where I  headed without any doubt or distraction, those are things that I must not have, and although my hands tremble, I must not surrender, that will be worse than don't try it, because at least this, will give me the most possibility to evade a punishment.

The punishment could be more serious, depending on how late I am, Whereby,  I tried to go the fastest possible to tree closers, the same way that to search on the floor and thought of the snow in case there were some branches.

The result was good, the burning cold of my hands didn't in vain, only remained to build it, I had an idea and started it without any doubt, I tore a bit of fabric from my skirt, to be able to assemble it all together.

Me tarde mucho tiempo, era feo, quizás no sirva, pero era mejor que nada, solo me quedaba devolverme y esperar los resultados, unos muy buenos espero sin muchas esperanzas.

So, with all resolved and with my stomach growling, walked quickly to my new home under the faint sun. 

And, Once I have arrived, only remain to open the door asking for permission, to finish my first task and maybe start the second.

"Father..., Madam..."

But this, maybe has to wait, not, maybe everything will change..., because they are dead.

Blood, a lot of blood.

"Are you... live?" I said in a voice aloud seeing the bodies.

seeing both lying down face down, caused me to start laughing.

This is terrible.

"Are dead."

Why am I laughing?

"They are, Yes, they are.."

I'm a bad girl, they took care of me, me, a bastard without a place in this life.

"They aren't longer..."

"Then, why does it feel so good?" I started to laugh without any modesty.

No.

"Why not kill them before?"

And so, I continued laughing, enjoying this strange but wonderful moment.

 

0