Act 1 – Morning Anomaly IV
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Umm, it is sweet, it tastes good, but what will it be this taste?, or rather, why can I produce juice from my nails?"

I said with curiosity and with some concern after discovering the last thing that my strange body revealed to me.

And this was, how I had said, I had acquired a rare skill of producing juice from my nails at the expense of my mana, or at least I suppose this at tasting the taste of this transparent and fragrant substance.

What another thing could be? I don't know, And neither I feel like continuing testing, but what if I feel like it solves my firewood shortage, and by that motive, after having fish with water for breakfast, with a knife and a spear on my hands, using my mana for improve my legs, I left on course to the destiny that I had in mind; A tree

A humble and scrawny tree that was alone in the middle of the great and frost plain of my front yard. And my plan was nothing more than cut down it and carry it; so be it on parts to my house, so be it will take me several days.

Before I hadn't done this because I was so weak and hadn't a way to cut down it with only a knife, as well as because this was very far from my house, three times more than the river.

But now I was ready, using my mana in my legs, almost without spending energy, I could arrive before noon.

Now, the only remains one thing to do, was cut down it, because the only plan in my mind; at least to this day, was to cut it some branches.

So, continuing with my plan, using half of my mana to make a rope, I counted as two dozen little branches after some hours, spending a lot of energy, because these branches were so hard.

but something is something, and although maybe this only lasted two days, I feel that in the future, I can have enough, or at least until I end up cutting down all the few trees on my land.

Which, I hope these trees will yield for me for a long, long time until I can find another solution.  

So, with spirit high, I carried these branches home, where waiting for me, the silent welcome of my snowman Titan, the cold tranquility of inside of my house, and the tedious entertainment of trying to read the fragile and bored books from my ancestor.

Having the hope of having a new productive day without any stranger news. 

Unfortunately, that couldn't be, because the next morning, I woke up with my left eye a bit painful.

"Now What will I have?"

I said with nuisance, after standing up, getting ready for another strange thing, but this strange thing came to me very quickly, because when I carried my hand to rub my eye, I took notice that something was in my arm.

Something was there, something almost transparent, that was both inside and outside of my arm, but to my surprise, this something not only was in my arm but in all my body.

But this did not end there, when I looked around me, I started to take notice that my environment fogged up very subtly for this something, coming to see here and there, some particles made by this, the smallest camouflaging with the dust and the others the enough big to be of size like the tip of my little finger.

This so strange situation, moments later, to my relief and shame, I discovered that all this would be my mana, and that now I could see it, something that I could find out by moving the mana of my hand.

"Well, maybe this will be something good, maybe..."

I thought in the end, almost thanked that at least this wasn't something as rare and useless as the juice that arose from the crevices of my nails.

But this gratitude, almost disappeared when to saw myself in the mirror, I discovered that my left eye changed from an amber color to purple. 

"When this will be to end"

I said almost resigned to my body anomalies, begging for the end of these surprises that take me away each more from my humanity.

0