Act 1 – Job at noon II
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Resolution, bravery, nervousness, and fear were the feelings that I carried with me, And I believed that I was going to continue with them during a long and epic quest through the night.

But neither one nor the other, but the contrary, because that long journey had ended after to do only ten steps through the night and my resolutions and courage disappeared from my being, leaving only my nervousness and fears maximized.

And this was because of the soon discovery of my objective, which,  his only presence, vanished without further ado my plans and resolution. 

Was a horned bear, or at least that have said my father to see one in the distance, while we headed here.

I didn't know what a bear-like be was, but at least I could say that the word "horned" was by the horns that stuck up to his head, his back, and his elbows.

But that was the least in this situation, now, the only thing that I could process at this moment, was to make the decision of escape or fight.

Unfortunately, I could not choose the first one, I wanted, but my fear and indecision provoked the fact that the bear already was upright and in front of me.

What other thing I could do but position my spear toward it while hardening my body with mana?

However, I must say that this last one was effective, because the bear with its first movement, gave a claw to my spear, and broke it in two, instead of throwing it away to the airs outside of my hands.

But the problem now was that now only had my knife, and also, I nearly received another claw from it, but fortunately, I could evade it giving a jump backward.

This was the beginning of many jumps and dodges, how many were? I don't know, I wasn't earning, the only one that I had in my mind was to dodge the bear's attacks.

Or at least, that was the truth since there came a moment when the knot in my stomach was getting faded out together with my despair, and was getting appeared encouraging thoughts.

Ideas about how slow the bear was, thoughts about how predictable it was, and finally plans about realizing a counter-attack.

Was a plan a bit cowardly, but my life was more important than honor at that moment; this plan consisted simply of an attack when the bear gets tired, when the bear is slowest and its movement most predictable; and that moment comes after a time.

Just when the bear ended up trying to jump toward me, just when its two claws touched the snow, and only just then, before that the bear took impulse toward me again.

With precision, with my knife in my right hand, and with the impulse of my mana, I pierced its right eye and next reached its brain and its life; taking notice of how its mana getting faded out mysteriously.

0