Chapter 10. Beauty Treatments
732 3 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   Since the traditional medicine store was only about 3 kilometers away from the restaurant Jiang Wei took her to, Liu Fengying decided to walk there, the weather being perfect for a stroll.

   Upon reaching the traditional medicine store, Liu Fengying wandered among the shelves filled with ointments and potions to assess the quality of the products and their prices. However, she wasn't very impressed by what she saw. Since those products hadn't been exposed to spiritual energy during their creation, they had only a tenth of the effect described on the label, and their prices were tens of times higher than the cost of the ingredients they were composed of.

   'Hmm, if a person were to buy the ingredients of such a product and mix them at home, they would likely achieve something with a similar effect. Given the very high prices as well, it's no wonder that most of the customers in these stores are tourists...'

   After forming a fairly clear idea of the situation of widely marketed traditional medicine, Liu Fengying headed towards the counter where the seller was located to ask him to present the types of acupuncture needles available for sale.

   As the acupuncture needles needed to be of high quality, Liu Fengying didn't skimp and bought the most expensive set, which contained 50 silver needles, a type of needle not very popular because they don't last as long as those made of steel, but are very effective in directing Qi through the body.

   Seeing that it was almost noon, Liu Fengying took a taxi after leaving the traditional medicine store to the supermarket near her apartment, where she usually did her shopping, intending to buy enough food for another week.

   The supermarket was not crowded at all because it wasn't a peak shopping hour, so Liu Fengying left the supermarket with no less than 6 bags of groceries in less than half an hour. Fortunately, her physical condition had greatly improved in the past week, so apart from being bulky, the bags hardly bothered her at all, and she could move at the same speed as if her hands were in her pockets.

   After returning to her apartment and stowing away the groceries, Liu Fengying placed the acupuncture needles in a pressure cooker with boiling water to disinfect them, then she filled a bowl with coffee-flavored ice cream to eat while waiting for them to be ready for use.

   Once the needles were disinfected and the ice cream was eaten, Liu Fengying went into the bedroom and sat on the bed completely naked, then she began to insert the silver needles into her body to facilitate the transmission of spiritual energy during the upcoming cultivation session towards the leg that made her limp.

   Since Liu Fengying didn't have a fear of needles, this process wasn't too difficult for her, so in less than 5 minutes, she began cultivating, trying to direct as much spiritual energy as possible toward her leg to accelerate its healing.

   If this method had been attempted by anyone else who hadn't even entered the Qi Refining Realm, there would have been more chances to damage their meridians than to stimulate healing, requiring both a lot of experience in handling spiritual energy and a lot of mental power. Fortunately for Liu Fengying, she lacked neither of these, so she encountered no problems while directing the majority of the spiritual energy entering her body towards her leg. Well, the process was by no means comfortable, as her leg seemed to have cramps one after the other due to the reconstruction of the affected ligaments, but as pain is something every cultivator must face and learn to manage, Liu Fengying wasn't too affected.

   Liu Fengying continued to send spiritual energy to her leg for almost two hours until she noticed that it no longer caused her any discomfort, a sign that whatever was wrong had been repaired.

   After removing all the silver needles from her body, Liu Fengying began to do some jumps and practice some kicks around the room, and as she expected, her leg no longer gave her any trouble.

   'It worked wonders. And even faster than I expected. Probably my current constitution is similar to the one I had in my previous life, one that allows me to heal quite rapidly...'. Liu Fengying thought to herself, intending to take advantage of the fact that she could heal quickly to get rid of the scar on her face. Although it didn't interfere with her plans, and she could have waited until she entered the Qi Refining Realm when it would disappear on its own in a few days, it irritated her every time she looked in the mirror because it reminded her of how weak she was when she lived without the memories from her past life.

   The method used to heal the leg wasn't quite suitable for this, as an old scar needed to be exposed to spiritual energy for several days to make it disappear. So, Liu Fengying decided it would be much more efficient to replace the scar with a new wound that would heal perfectly in just a few hours of cultivation, even if she didn't use acupuncture needles.

   Not intending to turn her bedroom into a bloodbath, Liu Fengying entered the bathroom and settled into a tub filled with water, then, with a mirror in one hand and a shaving blade in the other, she began to excise the scar from her cheek, intending to remove a strip of skin five centimeters long and one centimeter wide.

   With her fingers quite dexterous, the so-called cosmetic surgery lasted less than 1 minute, Liu Fengying immediately starting to cultivate afterwards to stop the bleeding. Since in the bathroom the concentration of spiritual energy was only 15-20 percent weaker than in the bedroom and it was not recommended to move her face to avoid breaking the thin crust formed over the wound, Liu Fengying intended to stay and cultivate in the tub until the wound on her cheek was completely healed.

   After nearly 3 hours spent in the tub, Liu Fengying felt the crust on her right cheek fall off, a sign that the wound was almost healed. After another half an hour, she got out of the now completely cooled water and took a shower to get rid of the traces of blood. Then, she headed to the large mirror above the sink, which showed her the image of a girl with a flawless face and an enviable body.

   'Hmm, it's hard to imagine that just a few hours ago there was a scar on my face because there's not even the slightest difference in pigment between the newly grown skin and the rest of my face. Probably many will wonder which renowned doctor performed my plastic surgery and what kind of beauty products I used after...' Liu Fengying said to herself, aware of how superior the use of spiritual energy is to eliminate any skin imperfection.

   In her mind, the plan to use her knowledge of alchemy to shatter the beauty products industry was taking shape more and more. She was confident that the products containing spiritual energy she would create would not only surpass the existing ones but also couldn't be imitated by anyone else, thus utterly vanquishing her competition.

   ..................................

   In the next 5 days, Liu Fengying didn't leave her apartment at all, as she wanted to make the most of her remaining free time to increase her cultivation and improve her physical condition, aware that she was still far from being powerful enough to start implementing any plans without worry.

   Although the final exams were approaching, Liu Fengying barely studied during the two weeks of medical leave, as she was confident that the knowledge accumulated throughout the school year would be enough to rank among the top students. As for the university entrance exam, Liu Fengying wasn't too worried because she no longer intended to follow in her mother's footsteps and attend a famous university to study chemistry, but only to get into a nearby second-rate university to study finance, her goal being to obtain a college degree without much hassle.

   Having gained almost 7 kilograms during her so-called seclusion, Liu Fengying thought it would be a good idea to renew her wardrobe, as both her underwear and many of her clothes were a bit too tight. So, on her last day off, Liu Fengying headed to the largest mall in the city.

   Remembering that she had a coupon for a beauty salon near the mall obtained during her so-called charity work at the antique shop, Liu Fengying thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to go there first to get her hair styled and eyebrows done, things she hadn't paid much attention to in the past few months.

   "Miss, you look truly stunning. I'm sure if you were to debut in the entertainment industry, you would become famous overnight...", Liu Fengying heard the hairstylist woman, who had just finished cutting her hair, say as she prepared to apply a hair mask.

   Although Liu Fengying had entered based on a coupon and hadn't paid anything, the salon staff seemed very enthusiastic to serve her, demonstrating that the saying "a beautiful face can open many doors" is true.

   "Well, for now, I don't have any plans, but you never know in the future. Anyway, thank you for the compliment...", Liu Fengying said, her smile causing the hairstylist to drop the hairbrush from her hand.

   To use up all the points on the coupon, Liu Fengying decided to also enjoy a massage to relax her muscles, which had been very stressed in the past two weeks. The one who gave her the massage was a young woman, small in stature and very cute, but with very strong hands.

   "Miss, do you practice any sports? The muscles on your back seem very strong..."

   Having her back massaged by a beautiful woman who seemed to admire her a lot, Liu Fengying was in a very good mood, so she didn't hesitate to share a few details about herself.

   "Hmmm... yes... I've been practicing kung fu for some time now..."

   "No wonder... If you ever hold lessons in the future, please let me know. I've always dreamed of being able to break bricks with my bare hands..."

   "Maybe... But, if I become your master, you'll be obliged to give me massages for free whenever I want... You know what they say, the master's thought is the student's deed...", Liu Fengying said, posing as a very strict master.

   "Ha, ha! That wouldn't be a bother at all. In fact, it would be a reward..."

   After the massage was over, Liu Fengying bid farewell to the salon staff, promising that she would visit them again soon, then she headed towards the mall entrance, feeling much more relaxed than when she left home.

   'It was a pleasant experience. I don't think it would be bad to dedicate a day each week just for relaxation...', Liu Fengying thought, not remembering having too many of these moments in her past life or her current one, as she was always under pressure to carry out her plans.

   Very excited about this idea, Liu Fengying stepped into the mall, a place full of things for the wealthy and full of dreams for the poor.

39