CHAPTER – 04 – Competency Test
63 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

"Shinki?"
 
"Sir."
 
Shinki got up from his seat at the call of the man that had entered the room he had been made to wait in after finishing a written test at the academy. The waiting had made him slightly nervous thinking of what was to come. Luckily for him, the test had been relatively simple general knowledge questions and not like the complex ones that had been in the show for the chunin exam arc.
 
"Come with me."
 
The man, who had been the same shinobi who had lead him to the waiting room previously, walked back out of the room with not much expression on his face. After hesitating for a little bit, Shinki got up from his seat and followed the man who didn't seem to care if he followed or not. It took a while to catch up to the man who had stop before a gate when he arrived close. The ever pervasive mist was still present but he had began to get used to it already.
 
The building, like all the other buildings in the academy, was the same cylinder shaped structure except this one had a high dome over it and a wider space with no trees around it. A loud sound came to his ears from the building and the man he that had brought him here opened the door and entered after looking at him and motioning with his head to follow.
 
The inside of the building was that of an office building with numerous rooms behind closed doors in a circular corridor. The man lead him to one of the doors that was opened the sight of what seemed like a training field. He saw 3 people in the same default ninja attire as the man who had lead him there wore except the female among them that wore custom shinobi clothes.
 
Shinki could immediately judge that the woman was from a prestigious clan or family from how she was dressed. The three were watching him with one of the two men looking particularly bored at that. He followed the shinobi that lead him there into the room, directing him to stand in the center of a designated space.
 
Looking around the space as the 4 shinobis talked among themselves, he noticed the presence of targets for long range kunai and shuriken throws at various distances from his position and a rack containing multiple dulled training weapons placed along the walls of the room. He calmed down with the breathing method his uncle had thought him sometime ago after he had awakened his bloodline limit.
 
He knew what he was here for as that had been explained to him prior to beginning this test. They had wanted to test his capabilities to know where he would be placed after being formally admitted to the academy. The first one had naturally been his knowledge level and now was his physical capabilities.
 
He wasn't helpless since he had learnt of most the things being tested from his late uncle and Jugo's father Koji-san. Jugo had been a person who disliked violence, being more of a coward. In order to prevent his little cousin from being bullied later on for his weak personality, he had requested to learn so. Now...
 
'It seems it was not wrong to have gone through all that pain training before...'
 
After a some time, one of the ninjas addressed him when they were done with what ever they were doing. The ninja walked towards the weapon rack while doing so.
 
"Now we want to know your basic ninja tool abilities, so your nest test is going to be the target practice. Shuriken? Kunai? or Senbon?"
 
The man asked the last part with his face turned towards him, after getting to the weapon rack. Shinki promptly responded with the one he was most familiar with.
 
"Senbon sir."
 
"Ok and it's Saizo-sensei for you. Anyway you have 8 tries so take them and try to hit any 8 of the targets in the room as fast and accurate as possible."
 
The man approached him and handed over 8 standard Mist senbons. Shinki arranged them in his hands like his uncle Koji had made him train with, by placing them in-between his fingers. He again resulted to his breathing method to calm down his nervousness as he hadn't trained in it since arriving in the village. He lowered his stance a bit to get to a comfortable state before...
 
'1'
 
'2'
 
'3'
 
 
'8'
 
Shinki had picked the targets within the 8 - 12 meter distance as his target. He had sought to completing it in a timeframe he felt was safe enough for him which was definitely below average. He had picked stability over speed for the demonstration, choosing to capitalize on his advantage which was the power behind each throw.
 
The senbons had almost all completely penetrated all their targets, especially the one at the distance of 8 meters. The senbon had completely gone true the though wood of the target at the chest region, leaving the target shaking back and forth.
 
'Whistle'
 
One of the ninjas let out a whistle, probably impressed at his demonstration or maybe their way of showing disappointment . Shinki turned to them to see them having barely any expressions on their faces. He stood steadily waiting for the next instruction from them which came from the ninja that had lead him to the room. The man had been standing slightly behind the other 2 ninjas who had been in the room when he arrived.
 
"If you would Suikazan-san."
 
"Do you practice any weapons for close combat?"
 
One of the two male ninjas who had been in the room when he arrived, Takashi Suikazan, walked towards him with a questioning look after his question to which, Shinki answered to as negative with a shake of his head. The man then approached him, stopping with a distance of around 15 meters.
 
The man was the tallest and biggest among the ninjas present in the room with light brown hair done in a way that reminded him of the Kaguya Clan. He also had two scars on his face as well as Giant Tachi behind on his back.The man raised a hand up with the fingers showing a hand sign and then vomiting out a stream of water before himself.
 
Shinki had tensed up when the man made the hand sign because he could not recognize the hand sign or more like he never really focused on the hand sign as much as he would have hoped he had when watching the show.
 
He only knew of the most basic hand sign for the water style, the fire style and the shadow clone ninjutsu. The rest where not what he paid attention to at all but now he wished he had, especially considering his situation of being reincarnated in the world.
 
He relaxed when the man, Suikazan-sensei changed the hand sign to again resulting in the water on the ground, changing shape and color to a child version of the man. He recognized that to be a combination of the clone jutsu and transformation jutsu.
 
'That must have required a very good level of chakra control to accomplish those moves seamlessly... Also, this guy's appearance and name... Suikazan? hmmm. Anyway lets focus on what's in front of me.'
 
5