CHAPTER – 08 – Weapon art basics
43 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
"Shinki, you will be with Suikazan-san for today but you guys will be having a spar. You will be in groups of 4, and each group will spar among themselves in a free for all style, no ninjutsu is allowed and any weapon used will be from the armory in the training hall. Okay now..."
 
Shinki walked beside Saikazan, the man he had sparred his clone the previous day as a test.
 
They were in the dedicated training hall for the 4th years and above students of the academy. The room they were using was also different from the one that had been used for his test the previous day but in was in the same building just in a much bigger hall.
 
Suikazan they big man was dressed in the same color code and style as the day prior just this time his Giant Tachi was not on him. The man was watching him with his arms crossed over his chest. His faces was as expressionless as he remembered. Shinki saluted the man after approaching, which he received a nod in reply.
 
"Have you thought of the kind of weapon he wish to train in?"
 
Suikazan went straight to the point with his questions which Shinki appreciated. Shinki had already thought of a weapon that would be useful enough that it would not hinder him when a time comes that, he could freely use his bloodline limit. He also needed one that could be easily integrated into his Wild Fist style, a simple fighting style made to incorporate the versatility of their transformation ability. He didn't want to have to start over learning a completely foreign style that wouldn't mesh well with his current move set as well as the future move set he wishes to accomplish. Luckily for him, he had seen a weapon that could satisfy his conditions the previous day when they were testing his capabilities.
 
"Yes, Suikazan-sensei. It's one of the weapons currently in the weapon rack."
 
Suikazan looked at Shinki with a slight interest in his eyes at his reply. He then spoke.
 
"Bring it then."
 
Shinki jogged to the weapon rack while peeking at the sparring session going on among the students. He saw 4 students, 3 girls and 1 boy, duking it out among themselves. Two of the students were wielding swords with the boys own being a tanto while a blue haired girl used a short katana. The other two girls had one using two kunais while the other, the girl, the one who seems to be dominating the fight among the 4 with a much higher speed and reflexes, was using a staff.
 
He knew non of their names since he hadn't bordered to inquire, not like he had anybody he could inquire from as the new kid on his first day in the class. He was surprised by how skilled they were and he felt that without his bloodline limit, he would struggle to overcome the girls speed.
 
'Even with my current limiters, I wouldn't necessarily lose but... well unless she has a ninjutsu I'm unaware of.'
 
Shinki while moving to pick the weapon he had decided on, noticed that some of the students, especially the ones likely to be related to 3rd caste shinobi clans were looking at him and Suikazan-san with slightly envious gazes. He was sure that the man was from a ninja family or clan before but wasn't sure if it was of the 1st or 2nd caste but from the reaction of the other kids, he could be sure of one of his conjecture of him either being a famous figure or related to one.
 
'Anyway... Yes, this one.'
 
Shinki raised up the weapon for and inspection was quite happy with it. The weapon was around 50cm in length and looked more like a stretched out kunai. The closet similarity from his past life that he could think of was of a shortened Yari or a Zulu spear, an short spear that was said to be mostly used in the southern part of Africa.
 
It had a handle long enough to be used as either the normal one handed mode or the unusual two handed mode. The blade was long and was could cut like a sword as well as pierce like a spear. The blade length is and the handle length are almost equal.
 
He nodded to himself before walking back to Suikazan and showing him the weapon. The man showed an expression by raising his eye brow slightly at the choice before speaking.
 
"Hmm, that's an unusual one."
 
After saying that, Suikazan uncrossed his hand and outstretched his big palms towards him. Shinki handed the weapon to the man who then began to move his wrist, as if trying to get a feel for the weapon. He then went into a stance that was slightly similar to his Wild fist he had shown the day before and began to slowly move the weapon into simple stances that made use of the weapon as much as possible. He then stopped and then, began from the start again while reminding Shinki to remember the moves.
 
"Now, take it and replicate it as closely as you can."
 
Shinki swallowed slightly before taking the sword. He recalled the movement that had just been demonstrated to him and began to move in sync to the movement. Suikazan stopped and corrected him multiple times on his hold of the sword before nodding at him to use those basic movement to practice later.
 
--------------------------------------------------------
 
Shinki jogged on his way back home while reminiscing of his first day at the academy. He had expected some reactions and some he hadn't at all but he felt that his stay at the academy might be more interesting that he had previously thought if to be.
 
After a while, Shinki got to his apartment building, noticing that the place was relatively more quitter. He habitually looked around himself, making sure the surroundings were still the same and that the people he had come to recognize the face of, were the same. He walked to the closet tree that was also able to be seen from a window in his room and placed his hand on it.
 
With his eyes closed his concentration, he began to direct the excess nature energy and sage chakra from his body into the tree, something he had only managed to properly master the previous day. Apart from using various ways to expel the excess chakra, he was also using this method to train his chakra control since giving chakra to others was the basic manipulation on which chakra absorption technique could be developed from.
 
He wanted to be able to do some of the many thing he can manage to do by entering his cursed mode in his base form so that when he does need to shift, it would be on the bases that he would become much stronger.
 
After he was done, he walked to his apartment were he saw a wrapped package outside door and a letter on it. He watched the package in contemplation for a while before opening his door and bring them alongside the groceries he bought inside.
2