The First Day
32 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Within the confines of The Chaotic Girls' dormitory, an interesting dynamic was unfolding. Partners were sharing rooms, which meant Darling and Paris were bunking together. Darling was less than thrilled about this arrangement. In contrast, Paris was ecstatic about the prospect of sharing a room with her seemingly reluctant partner. 

 

Across the hallway, Marvella and Pearl had also paired up as roommates. Even though Marvella was more of the silent type, especially when Pearl was blasting her loud music, their camaraderie was noticeably smoother than that of Paris and Darling. 

 

As the first day of school dawned, excitement buzzed through the air. Within the room Paris and Darling shared, Darling paced back and forth, rummaging through her wardrobe in search of the perfect outfit. She always looked her best, but on this day, she was determined to outshine everyone. 

 

Meanwhile, Paris, ever the helpful soul, tried offering her assistance but was consistently rebuffed by Darling. "I can't wait to see all our classes!" Paris exclaimed, her enthusiasm undimmed by Darling's dismissive attitude. 

 

"I just can't stand the fact that I have all my classes with you!" Darling retorted, her tone sharp. 

 

"But that's great! We can maybe become best friends!" Paris suggested hopefully. 

 

"Absolutely not," Darling retorted, turning on her heel and marching into the bathroom. 

 

"Hey, don't take too long. I still have to get ready!" Paris called after her, but her words were drowned out by the sound of Darling's music emanating from the bathroom. 

 

Deciding to make use of her time, Paris decided to check up on her sister and Marvella, hoping their morning was going smoother than hers.

 

"Marvella, I need your help! Should I wear this red shirt or the blue one?" Pearl sought Marvella's advice, holding up two identical shirts of different colors. 

 

"They're the same, just different colors," Marvella pointed out, an amused lilt in her voice. 

 

"Yes, I know! But I need to make an impression on the girls!" Pearl insisted. 

 

At that, Marvella chuckled lightly, a sound that caught Paris's attention. 

 

"Did I just hear a laugh from Marvella Crimson?" Paris asked, her eyes wide. 

 

Marvella playfully rolled her eyes and confirmed, "I guess you did. Your sister does make me want to retreat sometimes."

 

"See, Paris! I told you I was funny!" Pearl boasted, but Paris was barely listening. She was lost in appreciation for Marvella's beauty. Ever since Marvella had stood up for her, Paris had been nursing a crush on the quiet, mysterious girl. Marvella was an enigma Paris couldn't decipher, and that intrigued her even more.

 

She was so lost in her thoughts that she barely heard Marvella speak. "Sorry, what was that?" Paris asked, suddenly snapping back to reality.

 

"I asked why you're staring at me. Is there something on my face?" Marvella inquired, attempting to check her reflection in the mirror. 

 

"Nope, you always look perfect!" Paris assured her, earning a smile from Marvella before she excused herself to the bathroom. 

 

"Man, you've got it bad," Pearl commented, watching her sister.

 

"Do you think she noticed?" Paris asked, her voice barely a whisper. 

 

"Oh, definitely," Pearl confirmed, a smirk playing on her lips.

 

Finally, the girls managed to get ready. "We all look amazing. Libera Academy has never seen such a stunning quartet!" Pearl declared. Darling merely rolled her eyes at Pearl's enthusiasm, then glanced at the clock. 

 

"Oh my gosh, it's 7:57. Class starts at 8!" Darling announced, her voice laced with panic. 

 

Immediately, all four girls rushed out of their dorms, hurrying towards their respective classes.

 

"Terrance, you requested a meeting?" Queen Mary inquired, settling down in her chair. 

 

"Yes, I'm perplexed. Alexandra and I didn't get paired for the Partner test. Why is that?" Terrance asked. 

 

"Well, it appears you two aren't compatible with anyone here. But I sense that may change soon," Queen Mary replied enigmatically. 

 

"But how can you be certain?" Terrance questioned. 

 

"As a queen, my magic allows me to glimpse into the future. I see it. But it is time that will tell," Queen Mary responded cryptically, encouraging Terrance to enjoy his first day. Although baffled, Terrance left the room and headed to class.

 

"Welcome, class. I'm Professor Hulkman. I will be teaching you about the history of Libera," announced Hulkman. As he continued to lecture, the majority of the class drifted into boredom, save for Darling. She diligently noted down everything he said. Darling was a perfectionist, a blessing and a curse simultaneously. She desired perfection in every aspect of her life: perfect friends, perfect boyfriend, perfect everything. Only then could she be the perfect queen. But perhaps that was about to change.

 

After class, the girls headed to lunch. Marvella, Paris, and Pearl sat with Terrance and Alexandra. Darling walked in, tray in hand, and Paris invited her to join them. 

 

"Darling, come sit with us!" Paris called out. But Darling seemed to pretend she hadn't heard and chose to sit with her boyfriend and other friends instead. 

 

"Oh well, maybe next time!" Paris said optimistically. 

 

"Don't get your hopes up. That brat always behaves like this," Alexandra commented cynically. 

 

"Hey, Darling isn't always like that!" Terrance retorted, defending Darling. 

 

"Terrance, when are you going to stop defending her? She treats you poorly, just like her other friends. You've got to accept she isn't going to change," Alexandra argued. 

 

"You're right about that," Marvella agreed, causing Alexandra to smile, pleased that someone finally concurred with her.

 

At their next class, a different energy filled the room. 

 

"Welcome, students. This class is about combat training. It will help you improve your fighting skills and control your magic," the instructor announced. "You will be sparring with each other, but remember, it's all in good fun and for practice. Let's have Terrance and Paris start us off."

 

"Oh, okay," Paris responded, sounding slightly nervous. Terrance, on the other hand, appeared genuinely scared. 

 

"Terrance, I promise I'll try to go easy on you!" Paris reassured him, aiming to comfort her new best friend.

 

This led to a burst of laughter from Terrance, lightening up the tense atmosphere in the room.

 

As the class gathers around the designated sparring area, Paris and Terrance step into the ring, each holding their respective weapons. Paris, with her Verdant Staff, radiates calm and measured strength. Terrance, gripping his Crimson Saber, shows a mixture of excitement and nervousness. 

 

"Remember, this is a friendly match, classmates," their teacher reminds them, earning nods from both Paris and Terrance.

 

The match begins. Terrance makes the first move, lunging towards Paris with his Crimson Saber. Paris easily sidesteps, using her Verdant Staff to maintain distance. She retaliates by swinging her staff in a wide arc, forcing Terrance to back away. The staff glows with a soft green light as she taps into her magic, causing vines to sprout from the ground around Terrance.

 

Caught off guard, Terrance stumbles, his foot caught in the sudden undergrowth. He uses the Crimson Saber to sever the vines around his feet, but Paris is already making her next move. She thrusts her staff towards him, and a gust of wind magic propels from the end, sending Terrance tumbling backward.

 

Terrance quickly recovers, using the motion to roll back to his feet. He charges again, his Crimson Saber flashing in the light as he tries to land a hit on Paris. But Paris is nimble, her movements fluid and precise. She blocks his strikes with her Verdant Staff, countering with her own quick jabs.

 

Eventually, Paris sees an opening. She spins, using the momentum to land a gentle strike on Terrance's side with the base of her staff. Terrance stumbles, losing his balance, and Paris immediately follows up with a swift, controlled tap to his chest, knocking him gently onto his back.

 

The class erupts into applause as the friendly match concludes. Paris offers Terrance a hand and pulls him up, both of them laughing. Despite the outcome, they both know they've learned valuable lessons from the match. The sparring session, though competitive, has only strengthened their camaraderie.

 

"Alright, good match!" the teacher announced, applauding the effort put forth by Paris and Terrance. "Next up, we have Alexandra and Pearl!" he called out, setting the stage for the next round of friendly combat in the class.

 

The classroom buzzes with anticipation as Pearl and Alexandra step into the sparring ring. Pearl tightens her Aero-Gauntlets, the air around her stirring slightly, while Alexandra grasps her Graviton Scepter, its aura of power pulsating gently.

 

As the match begins, Alexandra is the first to move, swinging her Graviton Scepter to manipulate the gravity around Pearl, trying to weigh her down. But Pearl is fast, using her Aero-Gauntlets to stir up a gust of wind that propels her into the air, out of the gravitational field.

 

From above, Pearl dives down, her Aero-Gauntlets creating a vortex of wind around her fists. Alexandra counters by increasing the gravity in Pearl's landing zone, aiming to ground her. But Pearl surprises her by changing her trajectory mid-air, landing a soft punch on Alexandra's shoulder.

 

Regaining her balance, Alexandra creates a gravitational barrier around herself to keep Pearl at bay. Undeterred, Pearl uses her Aero-Gauntlets to generate a whirlwind, disrupting Alexandra's gravitational field and causing her to stagger.

 

Seizing the opportunity, Pearl charges, her gauntlets creating an air cannon. Alexandra, however, is ready. She uses her Graviton Scepter to create a high-gravity shield that absorbs the brunt of the blast. The shockwave sends both of them skidding back, but they regain their footing quickly.

 

With a swift movement, Alexandra uses her scepter to invert gravity beneath Pearl, sending her soaring into the air. Pearl, however, uses the momentum to her advantage, flipping mid-air and directing a powerful gust of wind downwards with her Aero-Gauntlets. The resulting blast sends her rocketing back towards Alexandra.

 

Caught off guard, Alexandra does not have time to react, and Pearl lands a gentle blow on Alexandra, winning the match. The students cheer, and Alexandra grins, extending a hand towards Pearl, who helps her up. Despite the fierce competition, their respect and camaraderie are evident. It's a friendly match, after all, and both have learned valuable lessons from it.

 

"Another good match! Let's do one more! How about Marvella and Xavier!" The teacher called out, eager to see the next pair in action.

 

"This is going to be good!" Alexandra chimed in, her eyes sparkling with anticipation.

 

"But what are Xavier's magic and weapon, anyway?" Pearl asked, her curiosity piqued about the upcoming match.

 

Xavier is a White man who is widely known and well-liked in Libera. His popularity is not just due to his good looks, but also his engaging and affable personality. Xavier has a laid-back and chill demeanor that makes him approachable and easy to get along with. Despite his relaxed attitude, he's never boring. He's the kind of person who can turn a casual conversation into a memorable experience, making him good company wherever he goes. His ability to connect with others on a genuine level, coupled with his easygoing nature, makes Xavier a sought-after presence in social gatherings. In a place like Libera, where community matters, Xavier's popularity is a testament to his character.

Given Xavier's vampiric nature and his control over electric powers, his weapon should ideally align with these traits and enhance his abilities. 

Storm Bracer. This is a magical arm-guard made from Thunderstone, a rare mineral known for its ability to channel and store electrical energy. The bracer is ornately designed, featuring intricate circuit-like patterns that glow with stored electricity.

When Xavier wears the Storm Bracer, he can channel his electric magic more efficiently, casting powerful spells that can stun, damage, or paralyze his enemies. He can summon lightning strikes, create electric barriers for defense, and even charge objects with electrical energy.

The Storm Bracer also harmonizes with Xavier's vampiric nature, enhancing his natural abilities such as strength, speed, and regeneration. When charged with electricity, the bracer can increase Xavier's physical power, making his punches and strikes more potent.

The Thunderstone in the bracer serves as a reservoir for electrical energy, allowing Xavier to have access to his element even in environments where electricity is scarce. This feature gives Xavier a great deal of versatility in combat, able to adapt to any situation.

Remember, the Storm Bracer, while a powerful weapon, requires understanding and control of one's magic from its wielder. Xavier must always use his powers responsibly, maintaining the balance of his energy and the energy of his element.

The tension in the room is palpable as Marvella, wielding The Obsidian Phoenix, squares off against Xavier, his arm adorned with the Storm Bracer. The students watch with bated breath, knowing that a spectacular match is about to unfold.

 

The match begins, and Xavier strikes first, his Storm Bracer crackling as he summons a bolt of lightning. Marvella reacts quickly, raising The Obsidian Phoenix, its flames absorbing and dissipating the lightning bolt.

 

Marvella retaliates, commanding The Obsidian Phoenix to release a wave of heat towards Xavier. He counters with a gust of wind from his Storm Bracer, cooling the air and neutralizing the heat wave.

 

Undeterred, Marvella lunges, brandishing The Obsidian Phoenix. Xavier sidesteps, narrowly avoiding an intense burst of flame. He counters with a mini cyclone, attempting to throw Marvella off balance. But she uses the flames from The Obsidian Phoenix to create a thermal updraft, allowing her to leap over the cyclone.

 

From above, Marvella dives towards Xavier, The Obsidian Phoenix trailing fire. At the last moment, Xavier uses his Storm Bracer to summon a blast of wind, changing Marvella's trajectory and causing her to miss.

 

With Marvella momentarily off balance, Xavier seizes his chance. He charges his Storm Bracer, releasing a barrage of lightning. Marvella, however, is quick to recover. She uses The Obsidian Phoenix to create a wall of fire, absorbing the lightning and protecting herself.

 

In a surprising twist, Xavier uses the steam from Marvella's fire wall to create a thick fog, obscuring vision. Marvella, however, senses the heat signatures around her through her Obsidian Phoenix, negating Xavier's advantage.

 

Suddenly, Xavier emerges from the fog, his Storm Bracer charged for a powerful strike. But Marvella is ready. She meets his attack with a swing of The Obsidian Phoenix, resulting in a tremendous clash of power. The impact sends both of them skidding back, but they quickly regain their balance.

 

In the end, the match is declared a draw, with both Marvella and Xavier displaying excellent control over their weapons and equal combat prowess. The students erupt into applause, acknowledging the skill and sportsmanship of both participants. Despite the intense match, Marvella and Xavier share a respectful nod, each appreciating the other's capabilities and the lessons learned from their friendly sparring match.

"That's all for today. Tomorrow, we'll start with Darling and Mia," the teacher announced. Darling and Mia exchanged playful glares, hinting at the exciting match to come.

 

"This is my new favorite class! We get to fight people!" Pearl declared, her face lighting up with enthusiasm. 

 

"Of course, that's your favorite thing to do!" Alexandra responded, laughing along with Pearl.

 

As the class ended, Darling began to speed walk away, but Paris intercepted her. "Darling, we might be going downtown after school. Do you want to come with us?" Paris offered.

 

"I'll pass, I have a date with my boyfriend," Darling replied.

 

"Okay, then we'll do it tomorrow!" Paris declared, making it clear she wasn't accepting a 'no' from Darling. Darling just rolled her eyes and continued on her way.

 

Later that night, in a remote location, a portal opened. Morrisa stepped out, appearing weak. "Miss, are you okay?" A passing man tried to help her, but Morrisa used her weapon to steal his powers before killing him. Replenished by the stolen power, she declared, "It's good to be back!"

 

Meanwhile, Gary, who had been observing in his bat form, shifted back into his human form. "I need to warn Mary," he said, realizing the gravity of the situation. Transforming back into a bat, he flew off into the night.



3