5 :- My meeting with a manic girl
68 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dear Diary,

Today marks my 21st birthday as the new day just starts in the complete dark outside and marks the 21st anniversary of being stuck in this game world.

I still remember the day I opened my baby eyes to this world I was fondly familiar with behind the computer screens. 

Stuck in the hospital on earth, this game kept me company through the roughest of my times. It's what got me into dating sim games and I became addicted to them, they offered relationships that I wasn't afforded in the walls outside the hospital.

Having died of breast cancer at the rather unusual age of 21, the next time light entered my eyes I was stuck inside the body of a baby.

The surroundings look oddly familiar. I was stuck in the body of the heroine in this dating sim world

The four crushes of Silver Princess

It was a simple story of a silver-haired commoner getting picked up by the nobility class for her extraordinary skills in language and academics. At the age of twenty, when taking exams for the Commoner University she got eyed by one of the professors who came to visit the examination hall.

Seeing her effortlessly skim through the exams and after checking her answer sheet, the commoner gets offered to attend the nobility University in the academic city as its first commoner in the plan of bridging the gap between commoners and nobles, put forward by the king

Elated the poor commoner girl accepts the offer and enters the academic city the next year on her 21st birthday.

There she meets the four princes, running against each other to win the seat of the next king. 

Captured by her beauty and rare silver hair, the four princes chase after her, and the player gets to choose which route to follow. Obviously, I completed all four of them.

Having stumbled upon this opportunity and been given a healthy beautiful body, I decided to follow the game's plot as it is to achieve my happy ending with one of the princes. 

Who the lucky prince would be? I decided to ponder on that once I met up with them for real, as I equally liked all four of their personalities and routes.

This was the second chance at life given to me by the gods, to lead a happy and prosperous life robbed from me in the previous world

Or so was the plan, until my smooth sailing 20 years of life in the new world shook violently.

On the road, traveling inside the carriage I was supposed to reach the academic city, but a rather unexpected event occurred.

Being attacked by cannibals and almost becoming their food, escaping the forest while witnessing so much death and gore around. 

Something so gruesome was never described in that PG-13 game.

Another greater anomaly was this girl I encountered during this rather messed up event.

Rosette is her name, I was the only one who was supposed to be entering the academic city as a commoner, there was no mention of a person like her in the entirety of the game and I 100% that game.

Everything had followed the plot but now all of a sudden I found myself traversing this unknown road.

All I hope is that the expected plot doesn't diverge any further as at the end of the road I'm still going to the academic city and going to meet the four princes there.

My life was robbed once, I will not allow it to be robbed again.

As a gesture of goodwill, I had decided to become friends with the anomaly girl, Keeping her close and having a close watch on her activities might be my best chance at not straying from the intended route too far.

Though I say such tactically sound plans and schemes, I'm not sure if I will be able to follow up on them.

I might have had a chance had she been a normal girl like me, but that girl anything but.

Short black hair that has shown no signs of combing for the past few years, waving roughly and the hair strands going in all the wild directions. Yes, that's the correct word wild

As her hair is wild, so is the person adorning them.

Her petite figure doesn't show many expressions, or more likely none at all. She's a head smaller than me who's 5'6 but her strength far exceeds any strongmen I have ever encountered. I mean she ran with me hanging on her shoulder for what must be a solid 30 minutes and even after she wasn't tired, her breathing was completely normal.

Her crimson red eyes were the only thing close to emotion on her face. Though subtle you can guess what she's thinking based on her eyes.

But that's not even the wildest part, that girl might actually be a serial killer.

I concur that not based on her looks but rather her actions, which she's not afraid to openly reveal.

Having killed so many people in the blink of an eye, she disregards any human life other than her own. The way she talks so fluently and in an almost innocent child-like manner adds more to the air of creepiness around her.

She says some of the cruelest and crudest of things with nothing but blank on her face, with the innocence of a child who thinks everything they are saying is in fact correct and the right way.

Leaving her alone might be the better and safer option, but not knowing what that crazy girl might do or plan on doing once inside the city sends shivers down my spine.

She says I'm her friend and her innocent face almost makes me believe her words, but her actions betray my feeling of putting any sort of trust in her.

I would be a fool to trust a maniac like her.

Even though her actions towards me had been nothing but sincere, she could have easily left me behind and ran away alone while those arrows rained but she didn't.

That should be all I need to know in order to trust her, I have no doubt she considers me her genuine friend. But such feelings I can't yet harbor without some sort of doubt seeping in.

There's just this eerie feeling that takes root inside me whenever I talk or look at her. Something inside my body telling me to not get too close to her.

Anyway, I plan to stick close to her and make sure I meet my ideal prince. Together with him, I shall reach my happy end as the next queen of this kingdom and the first queen of the commoner origins.

*thup*

And with that, I close the entry for today's diary

Sitting in this dimly lit room, the candle on the desk warms my face. 

Looking to my right I see the aforementioned crazy girl sleeping soundly on the bed. This inn we are resting at now is just a few miles outside the city of knowledge.

Having no money when we reached the inn, Rosette went outside and after an hour or two came back with enough money to allow all three of us to stay a single night.

Where did she get the money from? Me and June didn't ask, as it was clear that she likely stole it from someone unfortunate. But having experienced near death, we decided not to query and just have a good night's sleep.

This diary too I just used because it was already in the room, probably for the guests to use.

No sound even while she sleeps.

Her eyes shut tight and a peaceful expression rested on her face, like she had no care or tension in the entire world. A rather stark and creepy contrast to her murderous and unempathetic self.

She also likely didn't think anything of the money she stole, in her mind it was a matter of fact action.

I have heard of people like her in the movies and games of the previous world, but someone like her was never in my hospital for obvious reasons. Now actually meeting a human like her is rather unsettling.

I say a bunch of things but in the end, I have no clue how to interact or deal with her.

Will she kill me too if I get on her bad side?

What does she plan to do in the city?

Why was no one like her ever mentioned in the games?

So many questions but not even a single answer.

Right now all I can do is just be the character I'm supposed to follow. 

The curious and pragmatic silver haired girl who impresses the princes with her unusual solutions to the various problems faced by the four. 

I know the right answers to all of their queries, but having faced someone like her I force myself to realize I'm still the same old girl who was stuck in the hospital bed.

Without the game's knowledge, I'm still as bad as ever when it comes to any interactions to which I have no predetermined best and most effective response to.

Not knowing how best to answer or reply to a conversation with her is hard

It's exhausting and rather tedious.

Maybe that's the problem. I'm trying to talk to her while still trying to play the character I'm supposed to.

If I talk to her normally, with no mask on then maybe...

but would she want to remain friends with the boring and uninteresting me hidden deep inside?

Wait...why am I worrying about my reputation with an alleged serial killer or a psycho like her?

hahhh, let's just go to sleep, my mind seems to be getting tired and giving room to some rather unsavory thoughts

Happy 21st birthday me.

5