7 :- A potty mouth
83 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few days passed after my settling down in the dorms with Anabelle, apart from the shockingly boring knight class lessons the only thing interesting to remember happened during the first day of us freshers. Inside this massive auditorium filled with new faces, the speech given by the apparent princess of this kingdom was the only thing worth remembering.

Not the speech though of course, it was the person delivering the words.

Luscious pale blonde hair, a powerful braid reaching her hips, adorned with jewels, and a long piece of tassel decorated with precious gems holding the braid together. 

A simple purple one piece dress touching the shiny wooden floor, with clear words she delivered the welcoming speech before leaving the stage and going behind the curtains.

The whole thing must have lasted for an entire five minutes but the impressions she left on at least me was eternal. After all, she was my purpose for coming here in the first place

Princess Lily Ravenguard, the only princess of the kingdom and the oldest of the five cousins.

[Catch up with her as soon as possible]

...

...

...

Another weekend passed, and while sitting around in the lecture room I decided today will be the day I meet the fated princess.

The lecture hall for us freshers is rather unique than others, It's a room of 30 students aspiring to be future knights of the kingdom but almost all of them gather around one single person.

Andrew Ravenguard, the second prince of the kingdom.

It seems like he's trying to become the leader of the knights that fight for this kingdom. The fact he made quite clear with his grandiose speech during the first day.

On the outside, he shows symptoms of heroism and one devoted to his duty to protect the kingdom and be the shield of the king that protects him from any harm.

Having someone so influential and charismatic, a person bursting with the knightly aura of chivalry and bravery, it was obvious why almost everyone flocked around him. 

Some with genuine interest to be near him and some with snake behavior leaking from their mouths.

As for me, he surprisingly didn't give me any trouble, in fact, the whole class had treated me quite normally.

"You will be a vital piece of the puzzle in my father's virtuous plan to unify both class groups, I have great expectations of you, future knight Rosette" he declared to me on the first day before bowing and turning away.

Apart from that he really hasn't talked or made any trouble for me

[You are not a human in his eyes, thus there's no need for any jealousy or belittling]

'Is that so?'

[Yes, most definitely. The one time he talked he wasn't even looking at you, he was looking through you]

'So I'm just an object in his eyes?'

[Not just you sweetheart, every commoner is an object to him to fulfill the kingdom's wants]

'Eh, whatever, not like we need anything to do with him'

With that conclusion, the bell rings and the first lesson begins.

Now these lessons I have a major issue with. These pigs are supposed to be teaching us about fighting, protecting, and serving the kingdom, but in the last two weeks all these teachers have done is do theory and nothing resembling practical work.

Teaching about the great history of the kingdom, the values to uphold, and how to interact and deal with various situations that arise while protecting the kingdom. But not even a single lecture on actual physical fitness or sword fighting.

Are these nobles supposed to learn by just listening?

And why are there fat students in this department to begin with? Since day one, I have encountered several of them, all of them too slow to even register a knife or a blade coming to slash their bodies.

This phenomenon is not unique to just unhealthy students here, even the slim and somewhat fit students here don't seem like they have ever been in an actual real fight.

Next period comes, and now this teacher with glasses is talking about the book of law that governs this kingdom. Memorising that book isn't going to help anyone in a battle

Another period comes and the same exact thing, just blabbering and spewing words.

ugh, I waste 4 hours of my day listening to this shit every day, when I could be roaming around and having fun.

[Little Rose could still leave after getting the thing we came here for]

'I guess...'

[So? am I finally making sense?]

'Yeah, but still not leaving. Isabelle is still here, our daily talk at the dinner, roaming around with her on the streets during the weekdays and buying silly stuff with her, all that is quite enjoyable'

[So my sweetheart is finally lost in love huh]

'It really is the simple and effortless things I want in the end'

[Well as Rose wishes, just don't forget what we came here for]

'Right, I plan to make my way towards the location after this final bell rings'

*ding!* *ding!* *ding!*

...

...

...

Standing outside Gina's bakery store, the picture of me and Isabelle sitting on the bench outside popped up in my mind. It was from then onwards, that she finally looked comfortable around me and at ease while talking to me. Now we have become quite close friends, hanging out with each other every day

I guess this bakery is what's called a magical spot.

But according to my sister, this store is anything but

Opening the door, the bell chimes and an assortment of baked goods please my eyes. The warm rustic smell of freshly baked bread and food brings pleasure to my nose and calms my senses.

After a brief look at the various pastries displayed behind the glass, I speak to the person standing behind the counter. 

"Hello Mam, how are you doing today?" I greet the old lady

"Oh all is good with all these dear customers around" she replies with a lofty laugh

"Well, I would like to meet Jenny of the celestial empire"

For a brief second, her laugh stops before she continues to speak in her usual manner, her eyes though telling a different story

"hohoho! please, follow me to the kitchen"

She leads me to the kitchen after asking the other worker here to look after the shop for a bit.

Leading me back, a standard kitchen greets of a bakery greets me. The smell here was still just as pleasant as it was outside.

Behind the giant refrigerator, she presses something and a sound pops from the far corner of the kitchen.

"A doorway has opened, be careful while descending"

Walking towards the sound a small hole in the ground reveals itself, a ladder mounted to its metal walls leading somewhat few feet below.

"Ah right, the princess is also here. Make sure to be respectful to her" she says before leaving the kitchen and going to the storefront.

No questions asked, no identity checking, nothing. Is that name, really that rare?

'Sister, is Jenny your name?'

[My first one at least. Now questions later, descend fast, the princess might not remain down there for long]

'huh? Where else would she go? She can only climb these-'

[SHH! fast, talk later]

Urged, I quickly put my foot on the ladder and started climbing down. A second later the slab closes in, shutting down the entrance above.

After what felt like a minute, my foot finally made contact with solid ground.

Turning around, I see rustic metal walls and run-down wooden floors. A giant room with three doors leading somewhere deep inside this metal underground shelter.

Despite it being so deep down, there was no dryness or heat in the air, instead, the temperature was quite comfortable.

Though the air might be comfortable, its residents showed a different story.

The tips of five swords pointed at my throat, each one held by five women clad in black robes, their faces covered with masks.

Behind them a familiar face.

Lily Ravenguard, the eldest and only princess of the kingdom

"Who the fuck are you, ugly"

Glaring at me with a rather mean look.

5