11 :- An old tale of evil
61 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"umm, mam, wasn't our professor here supposed to leak the code to us after a few hours?"

Anabelle and I came back after a bite of a sandwich along with some apple juice to find out this professor was dead.

Most that could have happened was just high eyesight getting fucked, not him smelling like poop and piss.

Opening his mouth I find the tongue crystalized and small scratches decorating the innards of his mouth. Now this was the first time I had seen a suicide method like this since coming to this world, I might have even used it myself had I known about it back then

"Aww man...so all the nobles working in that lab have some sort of self-kill drug in their mouths, ugh! that's annoying!"

dust flies thanks to her foot smashing the ground, some making their way into my nose

"Or maybe anyone who even knows about whatever that thing is inside the lab" was my guess

"yeah...shit! Why wasn't torture the simplest method? Now I have to actually think about how to get inside there GHA!!"

she roars smashing the professor's face with her fist, and another one and another

"You know we could ask Isabelle for help, her brain might work faster than you and I combined"

"True but I don't trust her enough to reveal my secret of being a witch roaming out and about"

"I trust her"

"Well, I don't. How about you ask Sister Jenny for help?"

mm..so she does know her name after all.

[No, I'm not helping. My only focus is to get you that eye, though we might not even need to use it if this idiot can't get her hands on the artifact inside]

'So sister lied to me'

[Naturally, why would I want the trouble of helping this idiot unleash calamity about the kingdom]

"Well, Sister's answer is no"

"BU-"

[No further inquiry]

"She won't budge"

"ngh!! alright! Give me some time to consider Isabelle"

The talk ends and I get to witness some more of the magic thanks to Anabelle using it to get rid of the body

She touches the ground near the chair and chants some weird words, it's a language I'm not familiar with.

[You will learn the language too soon enough]

Around the chair, a dark black pool forms, its darkness more black than the blackest night, and from it several chains emerge. The thick rusty chains wrap themselves around the professor's body before dragging the body down into the black pit.

As if water, the body submerges into the pool of darkness and then suddenly disappears, leaving behind nothing but Anabelle still chanting some foreign language

[Hmm, I see, Dear Rose, be my mouth for a second here, will you?]

"Anabelle, Sister wants to talk with you"

"huh? really?! About time I guess..."

Taking in a big whiff of pungent air around, she stands up and meets my eyes.

"Witch, answer me for your own good, How are you able to have a contract with two demons?"

wait what? there are also demons in this world?

"hahh...obviously it's that question...Well, I just have! Why? I don't know, not a single clue!"

"Your master who lives in the silent woods, is she a demon?"

"No, Master is a witch through and through, only able to wield one study of magic"

So there are different fields of magic here huh...

"I see...Heed my words carefully Witch, That artifact you seek shall plunge this world into a state of chaos"

"Sister Jenny, with all due respect, all I wish for is the freedom of all my people. The state of this world or the kingdom's condition I have no qualms for"

"Your will is heard loud and clear, All I ask is for the witch to reconsider and forge her own alternate method, not take the ones already built for her"

"That artifact, whatever it may be, is the simplest method"

"Then use that tool and be a puppet forever"

"I am NOT!!"

"..."

"Hey! Stupid!! I told you I am not A PUPPET!!"

"She's done speaking, Let's get some food now"

"GH! DAMN YOU!!"

or at least to Anabelle, Sister wasn't done speaking to me though

...

...

...

Parting ways after having a small treat at the familiar old bakery, Anabelle and I parted ways. 

Going straight for my dorm room, I see the door already open.

Apart from me and Anabelle, the only other person who had the keys to the room was Isabelle

hmm, I wonder what she's doing here.

Feeling a bit happy with the surprise meeting, I open the door with full force and greet her

"EEeekk!!! ....ah! just you....fuuuuu, don't scare me like that"

She sighed before flopping back onto the bed she was sitting on

"So how was your day today?"

"It was fun, tortured some professor then had some sandwiches, turned out he died then had some cookies, How about you?"

"well, you know same old, same old........w-wait WHAT?!"

Something was different about the room than usual, on the desk beside my bed there was never this neatly wrapped thing was sitting on top of it.

"hmm? What's that thing on the table?"

"h-huh? oh this? ah it's a present I bought for you but w-w-wait! what do you meeeeeean t-torture? What professor?"

excited about the first gift someone gave me in this world, I quickly ran over and grabbed it.

Unwrapping it carefully, a thick black hairband with white polka dots comes into my vision.

"Your hair is always wilding out like some animal so I thought your short hair swept back and put in proper place with this band will bring forth your cute charms BUT!!! enough of that!! TELL.ME.NOW what absolute freak shit you just said a minute ago"

"Oh wow!! that's very swe-MGHH!!!"

Springing up from the bed she blocks my mouth with her hand and softly slams my back on the wall behind.

Even when upset she's considerate

That's so sweet

Maybe her palms are sweet too

[Dont. Rose wants to creep her out or something?]

Releasing her hand from covering my mouth, she locks her arms together and refuses to back away even a bit.

Standing just a minuscule centimeters in front, even though just a bit longer in height she seems to be towering me right now.

Putting hands behind my back so as to suppress the frantically beating heart, I tilt my head upwards and meet her warm gentle eyes

[They are clearly filled with disgust sweetheart]

"Now speak clearly and only to the point. What kind of a psycho were you today?"

"well, in absolute short terms....."

...

...

Several centuries ago, this world was ruled by the celestial empire. A utopian and magical empire where every citizen lived a happy and fulfilling life.

They were able to use magic freely, without any constraints and rules. Except for one rule, all must follow the Immortal Emperor.

As long as the citizens listened to their Emperor, they led a life filled with purpose and convenient magic at their hands.

None questioned the Emperor, having even a seed of distrust or doubt toward him was some absolute fantasy in citizens' minds.

Until one day, such a seed bore root in a young girl's mind.

On an unfaithful day, the girl stole the Emperor's gift of immortality and magic, thus snuffing out the fire that kept the empire bright.

Having crumbled the legacy of the immortal and humble emperor. The girl left with the emperor's power, roaming the entire world which was now without magic except for one single girl.

A century passes and a new civilization takes root. 

Five kingdoms, each resting upon the five continents of the world. A brand new world, with its own rules and traditions, but the girl remained the same

No matter how much she tried she couldn't figure out how the emperor managed to get his hands on the power of immortality and unrestrained magic.

Was the power willingly given to the emperor?

If yes, then by whom?

was this person or power still out there in this world?

The answers for which she hoped to find in one of the five kingdoms.

One day the girl heard news that the Ravenguard Kingdom was able to use magic

Shocked by the sudden development the girl traveled to the kingdom, discovering the witches who were able to form contracts with devils. Each witch has a single contract, allowing them to use some of the contracted devil's own powers.

Having found a clue to her stolen powers, the girl took shelter inside the dense forest which just a few centuries ago was the palace of the celestial empire.

Deep within the forest, a single mansion stood proud amongst the ruins of a past civilization.

The mansion belonged to the person without whom the girl wouldn't have been able to stab the emperor in the back

...

...

"So...what you are saying is quite frankly some insane stuff"

"Not completely"

"and that girl is living inside your left eye now..."

"mhm"

"Because you chopped her head off..."

"Exactly"

Though now I think Sister most likely let me slice her head off.

"Thus in conclusion you have an even bigger, no THE biggest freak living inside you right now..."

"Hey, not nice!"

"(What the hell is this otome game world.......)"

"hmm? what?"

"nothing, nothing hahahaha"

She was barely audible just now, I wonder what she said.

Sun goes down and so does the gist of the story Sister told me after leaving the basement. With a light burp, I finish the dinner and slouch back on the chair.

"Why tell me?"

"I'm not good with thinking, I just thought it would be nice to talk about this with someone I trust, that's all"

"..."

"burp...."

"I am happy you trust me that much I guess....but Rose..."

"mm?"

"You still didn't explain why you went psycho mode today"

4