Time of Hell
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Heading over to Na's palace, it is still closed to everyone seeing Shuming heading over to me. Maybe he will have answers for me. I see Shuming there to block me from her palace.

"Your highness," Shuming said.

"Have you found out anything what is going on?" I ask.

"She is sick. They would not let me in to talk to her." Shuming said.

 "Why is it so secretive? You must have sworn to secrecy?" I asked.

"How did you figure out that I am sworn to secrecy?" Shuming asked.

"Because you have never lied to my face before, without a good reason. Well, I will find out what is going on." I said.

"It will be a laborious task because they swore secrecy to the empress. You know, when that happens, everyone is hush-hush." Shuming reminded me.

"Fine, I know a losing battle when I see one. I will wait until I can see her again. It is going to be a long week. I also must stay at Fen's palace this week as well." I stated.

"Oh, I feel bad for you." Shuming said laughing.

He almost fell laughing so hard about that, but I am so dreaded about it. As the week went on, I visited An and Chen. Both had noble qualities about them. Finding out that my consorts have their own individual talents. They are amazing.

  Now, having to face Fen, she is a force to be reckoned with. Arriving at her palace, of course, there is a bunch of yelling and screaming coming from her palace seems like nothing changes with her. As I enter the palace, gritting down on my teeth.

Looking at her servant. "Get my room ready for me in the east hallway." I commanded.

"You can't sleep in my room?" She says with an attitude.

"NO, I don't like the way you treat people." I countered.

"I am your wife. We don't even have consummated our marriage yet. Here you are consummating with your consorts. Why not me?" She says, agitated.

"Maybe if you were nicer to people that I might find you attractive." I told.

"You are not supposed to consummate the other weddings until you did with me." She screamed.

"I didn't want to get married to you." I shouted back.

She stormed off. When she did, she turned around and threw a vase at my head, missing it by inches.

"I will have dinner in my bedroom. Thank you." I told her servant.

As I headed to my room, my thoughts were in the palace next door, and it was still shut. Not knowing what is happening there. I will try my best to see her tomorrow. It has been too long of a time for me to be away.

Fen comes into my room wearing her bed robes, removed them in front of me. Walking close to her, I grab them and told her.

"Put your clothes on and head back into the room." I commanded.

"NO!! I don't want." She screamed.

"I am exhausted. Please do not leave." I shouted.

"No way!!" she screamed.

"You need to go now." I commanded.

She was not budging at all. I had enough of this. She needed to be escorted out. I looked over at Shuming.

"Shuming, come escort the princess out." I shout.

Shuming escorted her out right after that. I went to sleep the earlier. I can get to sleep the better I am seeing. It is closer to seeing Na. finally drifted off to sleep. The next morning arrived, heading over to Na's palace with a lot of questions on my mind.

Walking into the palace has a unique feeling about it this time. It seemed melancholy; the staff looks like death happened here. My heart is racing. I really must find her now. Looking into her bedchamber, she was not there. Where can she be? Looking all around the palace, I still cannot find her. My anxiety is getting worse. Where can she be? I have been looking everywhere for her.

Then I remembered she got new books on the honeymoon. She is probably there heading over there. I see Cao putting away some books. Watching from the distance seeing that Cao went into the secret chamber. Following her in there as fast as I can with the worst thoughts running through my head. Not knowing what to expect. Seeing her standing there putting things away. I could not help but to grab her and pull her close to me. Oh god I miss her body and her.

"It has been almost a month since I last saw you. Are you ok? What is happening?" With a panicked breath,

"Everything is fine. We are just redoing the study and major house." as calm as she is.

"Go handle court affairs or I will get into trouble." She chided me.

"Disregard what my mom has been saying. I am coming here tonight." I told.

"Will you please see the other consorts tonight?" told a pleading voice.

Not wanting to leave, it felt like a month since I have seen her. She keeps wanting to push me away. I refuse to let her have her way.

"Please send word if I can come back." I told.

I headed to handle all the court matters today. Not feeling in the mood for it, but it had to be done. My mind keeps slipping from what happened over there.

"What is on your mind, your Majesty?" Shuming inquired.

I forget Shuming is around sometimes because he is so quiet. I know he is supposed to be here, but he is more a friend than a guard.

"Just keep thinking why Na is backing away?" with concernment in my voice.

"She will be OK. just go with along with anything for now." Shuming told.

As the day went on, I see Shuming stand up straight and straighten up his clothes.

"Your Highness, my paramour wants to see you tonight," Cao requested.

"Tell her I will get going in a few minutes." I spoke to Cao.

It seemed like this day had just dragged on and on. I really wanted to go now, but she was right. I had work that had to be done. One incense burns left, then I can see her. Looking like this one is a slow burner one. The gods are trying to tease me or what.

Finally, it was time for me to leave to go to Na's. Just as I was heading out, we ran into Fen.

"What you want?" I was asking.

"When do you return? Tonight is my night." She has said.

"Nope, I already had nowhere to go tonight." I told.

"Not to that little wench in the following palace?" She has said.

"She is the second wife, and now I am running late to see her now." I told.

"What are will you do if I don't move?" she said.

"I will have you removed to your palace, reflecting on your actions." I told.

Taking my hand and moving her out of the way, she grabbed it, trying to get me to move closer. I looked into her eyes. All I could see was pure evil. Looking at Shuming, and told him.,

"Please take her back to her palace." I commanded.

I continued the path to Na's palace getting ready to see her my heart is racing faster and faster. My mom is waiting for me. I wonder why probably to chase me away.

"Your Excellency" As I bow to my mom.

"When you see Na tonight, try to maintain an open mind and be supportive." She has said.

"Of course. Why? What is happening?" I was asking.

"This is her place to tell you, not mine. You just need to listen to her and do not interrupt her, do you understand?" mom told me.

"I realize." I said.

"I am taking my leave. Just make sure you listen to her and be there for her." She says.

I bowed as my mother left, heading over to Na's. Arriving at her gate, I do not see her. I immediately headed to the study. That is where she has been lately. Laying eyes on her again is like seeing her in person. Walking up to her, grabbing her around the waist, clinching her like I have not seen her in months.

"I missed you so much. It was too much time apart from you." I said.

"You need to sit down; we have some things we need to talk about." She said with sadness in her voice.

What happened here that it caused such pain in her eyes. Who caused all this pain? I know I must remain calm about whatever she says. Remembering what my mom said, I continued to sit down and was ready to listen to her, but I cannot help but feel confused.

0