THE DREADED DAY
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I stand there waiting for Fen to show up, there is a part of me that does not want her to show up. Looking around, I noticed all the happiness signs and the décor showing nothing about what should be a couple in love. The officials lined up on the sides, standing there waiting. I look at where the parents are sitting the general with a pleased look on his face. 

My mother does not look happy at all. They are marking it off as a mother losing her child. I know that is not the case. I can tell she wanted to cry because she had been through this in her own household. 

"The bride has arrived." The eunuch announced. 

They dressed her in all red, with a golden thread around it. I really did not care too much to pay close attention to what she was wearing. All I know is that I wanted to speed up and end. We went through the ceremony. I really was not paying too much attention. 

"Your highness you need to bow." I hear Shuming whispering. 

So, I ended up using him for cues on the ceremony we finally heard. 

"To the bridal chamber." The eunuch said. 

So, I took her to her bridal chamber at her palace. I sat there for a minute or two to wait out the maids and all that. 

"Why are you not doing anything?" she said.

"I must leave now. As for tonight, I may not return." I said. 

She screamed and threw things around she is really go at these temper tantrums. 

"Why am I not good enough?" she yelled. 

"I am leaving." I said. 

As I was walking out the door, I noticed Na sitting at the pagoda. I kept my distance from her for a while. She is looking rather sad or upset about something. I wondered what it was, so I sent Shuming over to her. 

"You need to be quiet at first until she notices you. I want to know what she is thinking." I told him.

Shuming tapped her shoulder. She had a look about her that made him worry. 

"If I were you, I wouldn't talk to myself where others can hear." Shuming said. 

As he pointed towards me. She is so cute, blushing like that. I want to walk up and kiss that face. 

"Do you want to finish tonight?" Shuming asked her.

"Being teased all her life," Na was going to say, "no one would want someone." Na stated.

She is looking at me. Do I have something on my face? 

"Is there anything I could help you with?" She said.

Without skipping a beat, I said, "oh you will the day after tomorrow."

"Highness, behave." Shuming glared at me.

As she was bowing, "what do you mean by that?" 

"We are going to be married the day after tomorrow." I said.

We laughed a little because of the way she was responding to me. I have seen no one like her or behaved like that. 

The crown princess was at her gate as I followed her. I so want to stick up for her, but I cannot. She is still not my. Wife, it would make it harder on her if I do right now. This pains me to watch her get hit time after time. 

I watched her go into her bedroom. Oh, I cannot wait to see her bridal chamber. We hear a loud scream coming from her bridal chamber, so we took off running to make sure she was ok. 

"What happened here?" I asked. 

"The crown princess came in here without permission, saying she owns this place. Seeing she was the crown princess, and continued to tear apart everything in sight, including the madam's wedding dress. I hid the gift from the empress so she would not have taken it." Cao explained to me. 

"Are you going to be alright here alone?" as I tried to hug her. 

"Yes, I will be ok." As she shudders

"Fen is just jealous of you and all the attention you are getting. Our wedding is not as grand as yours and look, I am here on my wedding night and not with her." I explained. 

I looked at Shuming. 

"You need to stay here and protect her." I said. 

The crown princess's palace is where I went to. I was ferrous at her. She would do something like this. I cannot take it anymore from her. She was sitting in her bedroom and drinking wine. 

"What is wrong with you?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" she acted like she did not do a damn thing.

"You went to Na's palace and ripped things up, including her wedding dress. Then you slapped her again tonight." As I was walking toward her.

"I didn't do such a thing I wouldn't dare to." She said, acting innocent.

"I saw you doing it. You care to try again?" as I was getting madder.

"Fine, she deserved it. Why is she so special that she gets everything, and I got nothing?" She shouted. 

"Have you ever thought of your actions?" I said. 

"There is nothing wrong with my actions." She said. 

"Nothing wrong, huh? I cannot believe you think that way." I said, holding back so I would not hit her. 

I just walked out the door and went back to my palace thinking, what is wrong with that woman? Hearing more crashing and screaming coming out of her palace. She wants me to turn back, but I will not. I might hit her because of the way she is being. 

One more day and Na is my wife, so I am ready to end this day. Oh, not being able to wait any longer for this. All this commotion over a weeding really what is wrong with Fen. Has she been told about the palace life? Who knows, but now I am going to put my effort on Na for the wedding as I was looking at my wedding robes. I could not believe I was so lucky to marry such a woman.

I want to go back and check on her to make sure she is all right. I already headed in her direction. Shuming is walking around making sure that there is no chance that Fen will come back. 

"Shuming," as I whispered.

"Your highness, what do you need?" he whispered back.

"How is Na doing? Is she ok?" I asked. 

"Yes, she is fine now. She is staying in the servants' quarters right now," he said.

"I was worried about her. That is why I came back," I said.

"She is resting now. What was all that screaming from the crown princess?" he asked.

"Well, I just had a few words with her or tried to." I said. 

"no wonder she is mad. She is not getting her way," he said. 

"Well, I am going to bed now. Tomorrow is preparation day for the wedding." I said.

"Good night." He said, then he continued to stand guard for me.

0