WHAT A WAY TO START A HONEYMOON
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I can hear her tell her mom she still wanted to shop, even though she got hurt. Really not wanting her to continue shopping but who I am to argue with her seeing. I just wish her to be happy. Shuming even looked concerned with her still going out.  

Shuming left to make sure the crown princess went back to the palace so she could not bother Na and I also want our honeymoon to start out on the right foot. I headed back to her parents' house to continue to prep for the trip. 

As I was walking down the road, I kept noticing the small stuff, the smell in the air of sweet lotus it was strong enough to taste the sweet taste. Reaching the in-laws' manor, I was in a daze just thinking about how I can keep her safe. 

Just before I knew it, I was at my in-laws. Before I knew it, my guards were waiting for me. So, we sat down and found a plan for our trip. I can see my father-in-law still sitting there alone. It looks like he has a lot on his mind. 

Walking up to him "is everything alright?"

He just sighed. "Yes, it is. I cannot say anything to you, anyway. It is your family matters." 

Looking shocked "Please speak your mind, we are family after all." 

"Well, I heard what happened at the dress shop. You handled it right, but my daughter got hurt." He said disapprovingly.

"I know I should have handled it better." I admitted. 

"I know you are trying a harem is hard to control sometimes." He said. 

We hear the women coming laughing and happy as can be. By the looks of it, they bought out all the stores.

I see my father-in-law look at my mother-in-law. "Did you three buy out the whole town? Na is only going to be gone for a few days." He said sarcastically.

Seeing a sly look coming from her "It is not all hers, some of it belongs to me and her. You might enjoy some of the stuff we bought." As she points to my second mother-in-law,

I could see a big grin on my fathers-in-law face, but I must wonder how close his wives are. My father-in-law had a big grin on his face, but I could not help but wonder how close he was to his wives.

What is going on in her mind? What is she thinking about? Is she ok? All these thoughts running through my head. I see her sister has noticed as well. Her sister is taking her hand and leading her to the gardens.

Should I follow or should I just stay behind and let them talk it out? If I stay back, she will not tell me what is going on. 

As they were leaving, her sister shook her head at me with the most disappointed look on her face.

I followed behind far enough that they could not see me. Hiding behind the rocks so they could not see me, but I could still hear the conversation. 

"What's going on?" her sister asked.

"Oh, nothing much." Na replied.

"Is your arm, ok?" her sister asked 

"it's good. " Na had a brave face to her

"Now I know there is something wrong. What is going on?" her sister said sternly.

"Nothing. Why do you keep asking?" Na replied, annoyed.

"I know you." Her sister said.

I could see Na crying so hard. I just want to go wrap my arms around her and let her know everything will be ok. It is hard just to sit here and watch. 

I could hear her say, "I just thought I was special, that is all. I just read too much in this week by the way he is treating me," she said, sobbing.

As she continues, "I know better. I know I am not the only one. I just had stupid thoughts." 

"I don't know what to say." Her sister being sympathetic to her. 

I could not take it anymore. It was hurting my heart that she was this upset. What did I do wrong? She is the only one for me. I nodded at her sister not to say anything. She finally turned around.

Walking up behind her tapped her shoulder. I could see the tears in her eyes. She bowed to me.

"We are not in a formal environment. Why are you bowing?" I asked.

"I better get used to it," she replied with hurt in her voice.

Being confused, why did she change suddenly?

"Can you please leave us?" I asked her sister.

She reluctantly left us. She wanted to keep protecting her sister.

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked. 

"No, you did not. It was my misunderstanding." She said in a low tone. 

"I do not want any misunderstandings between us. What is going on? I am concerned.

She let me know all her feelings and how disappointed she was in herself for feeling that way. 

"Never feel bad for the way you feel. Especially about me. We are officially on our honeymoon tomorrow." I said.

We walked to our room. I noticed she still was sad about everything. I held on to her close to me to reassure her and her feelings that I love her. Even though I have not told her aloud, I was hoping she can feel it. 

We reached our room; she looked exhausted.

"Rest now. We will be on the road tomorrow." I said. 

She laid her head on the pillow. I can see that there are a million thoughts running through her head, so I stepped outside for a moment. She looked like she needed some time to herself. I just walked around by myself for a bit, waiting to see if Shuming was going to arrive and hear the news from the palace. 

I found Shuming standing in front of the manor pacing.

"Is everything ok?" I asked. 

"Well, she is in a tizzy because you sent her back to the palace." Shuming stated.

"When will the crown princess learn she can't be doing that?" I said, disappointed. 

"I don't know when she will." He said.

"Well, we need to head to bed. We will head out tomorrow." I reminded him.

Getting back to the room, I feel a little better. I see she is sound asleep, which is a good thing. I laid next to her and held her tight, and drifted off to sleep.

The morning arrived quickly as the staff bustling around getting everything ready to go. As Cao brought in breakfast for us to enjoy, we rolled out of bed and sat down to eat. Watching everything that is going with us. Her parents sure made sure she had everything needed. 

It was time for us to leave. She gave her family hugs goodbye. As we loaded into the sedan, I noticed she still looked kind of sad. As we sat down for our long trip, I brought her in closer and held her tight. 

"Is your arm, ok? I am concerned.

"It's almost healed." She replied. 

I could not help myself. I had to kiss her. The kiss was deep and passionate. I could not stop kissing her. Knowing I should stop because I can feel the sedan coming to a stop. That means we are at our first point. 

She looked at me. "Do we have to ride in the sedan the whole time?" 

"No, we don't have to." I replied.

"I would like to ride on the horse if possible. We are in the countryside, anyway." She said. 

"Can you wait till we are further away from the city where there are few people?" I asked.

"How much longer until our next rest area?" she smirked

"We still have an hour until our next stop." I replied. 

She looked a little disappointed about having to ride a little longer, so I helped her into the sedan. This time I do not know why, but the hour just flew on. I can see her face get excited because she knew we were going to take the horses for this section. 

We ate lunch quickly; I got the horse ready for the ride. Being selfish, I had her ride with me. I rode close to her and picked her up onto the horse with her in front of me. I can see she was enjoying the views. The smile on her face is visible to me. It was great to see her smile again. 

I wanted her so badly, but I can wait till tonight. We are reaching the town. It was time to. Dismount, getting down. First, I had my arm out to get her down as well. 

We got into the sedan, as we are looking at the sights and stores of the town. I see she gets excited about being here. 

"Can we go out and about today?" she asked excitedly.

"As soon as we get settled in, we can go look around." I said. 

"Can we just stay here for the whole honeymoon, or do we have to go elsewhere?" she asked

"I will think about that." I said.

She got quiet for a bit. As we arrive at the manor, the staff was out front waiting for us.

She looked at me. "Where are we?"

"My second home away from home, a town called Mingyueba." I said.

The staff was unloading all our things to put in the right room for us. 

When the one of the staff asked, "Do you want her to be in your room or her own?" 

"Of course, mine. " I seemed annoyed about that question. 

They started the usual chatter about her, seeing they did not know who she was. I could hear the butler tell the staff she was the second wife. The attitudes changed in a moment towards her. I guess they thought she was just a plaything for me. 

I could not wait to show her around our place. We reached the pagoda to have some tea. 

I leaned over and whispered, "I love it when you smile." 

She blushed, so I took this opportunity to lean in for a kiss, but she looked shocked. 

"It is still daylight." She stated in a shy manner.

"I was not thinking about that. I was thinking about how beautiful you looked just now." With a quick recovery, I said it. 

"When can we go to the bookstore?" she asked.

"Tomorrow, I will take you on a tour of the town. The emperor needs to be informed that we are here. I will be back in a moment." I said.

Me and Shuming took our leave and headed to my study. I wonder if she will relax a bit. I needed to inform Shuming why we were in this town. We reached the study I had Shuming shut the doors for privacy because you never know who is listening in. 

0