5: Where am I
35 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mau woke up to the blank, still face of the wolf boy whom he had seen before he passed out. He was currently on a bed stretcher in a dull room, filled with various machines that beeped and rang. "Is this a hospital?" said Mau, curiosity evident in his voice.

"No, this is our clan nurse's room. She helped you out with your arm," replied the wolf boy. 

Mau looked at the area on his body where his arm had been amputated, amazed. He knew this world was supposed to have amazing technological advancements, but he didn't realize to what extent.

 "This is amazing!" he exclaimed. 

He then felt around his body to inspect the rest of his wounds and was shocked to find not a single scratch. While he was feeling all over his body, the wolf boy looked away and blushed a little.

naked, with only a flimsy hospital gown exposing some of his bronze skin. 

"You shouldn't do that in front of me, you know"

 "why". Asked Mau.

 the wolf boy then looked at him and shook his head

"Never mind"

 He then rushed out of the room. Mau was surprised that this boy with such a cold and calm demeanor was acting so emotional all of a sudden before his thoughts came to a halt as a very pretty, pale, curvaceous woman with a tight-fitting black uniform with purple lining and embellishments walked in the room with a clipboard and a stethoscope around her neck. 

"Oh wow, what did you do to get him to run out like that? I've never seen him act this way before; his usually real dry and boring, you know"

 The woman went on for a while talking about the wolf boy, but Mau started to drown her out as she rambled for a while before a loud feminine voice yelled. 

"Hey, are you ignoring me and to think I worked so hard to save your life? No one is grateful these days. 

Mau started to feel bad and decided to look at the lady with a bright smile  and say I'm sorry, Miss Doctor Lady, and giving  her his undivided attention. 

Aww, how cute! You know, I would mistake you for a girl if it weren't for the fact that I've seen all your parts. 

Mau just stared at her blankly and blinked a couple of times. Wow, did i say somthing wrong please don't go boring on me now come on give me one of those cute smiles again. 

Mau honestly wasn't upset he just didn't have a response to  give to what she said. But he didnt want to let her down,  she did save his life no ones ever done something  like that for him before in fact the last time he was this vulnerable he was killed by his own mother so he  put on another  blinding smile to show his appreciation towards her and said.

I'm sorry if I'm not very entertaining; I just really don't know how to respond to that, ma'am. 

Aww, how adorable that's  it call me big sister Quin. I'm going to spoil you rotten. 

The lady called Quin  then started to embrace him in a warm hug which honestly felt oddly comforting, even tho he could barely breathe as she was smothering little Mau in her breast while giving him a furiously aggressive hug.That didn't  end into a tall, beautiful man with black silky long hair and a little bit of chin hair wearing a black and purple robe entered the room.

Quin,  Off of her. NOW!!  

She quickly moved from embracing the little cat boy and repeatedly bowed  speaking in a frantic voice. 

"I'm sorry, Mr. Leonard. I was just showing the young child a little affection,  it'll never happen again."

"Its fine just didn't want you to smother her to death with your breast before I could get to meet the little genius."

 I'm sorry leading sir but that is actually a boy. 

Leonard was in shock, the little cat boy reaked of  yin energy but some how was a boy, only women where know to possess so much yin energy, how did this boy have so much.

Hey are you really a boy Leonard said to Mau. 

Yeah I am Mau said with and expressionless almost bored face. 

Oh I'm so sorry young one didn't mean to offend you.

 Offend why would I be offended.

Mau didn't understand why it mattered what his gender was he just wanted to no why these people helped him and what they wanted.

 Oh well I'm sorry anyways, so young child tell me your name. Said Leonard.

" Mau." He then said with no hesitation.

 but in his head he was wondering where this name came from, did the shiny man give it to him he didn't remember thinking of it before and it came out so naturally. 

Ok Mau. my name is Leonard I'm curious who taught you cultivation your  control over your dao. for your age is outstanding even better then my disciples. And why  where you in the beast forest did your teacher send you there to train. 

No  I haven't seen my teacher in a year, my teacher was a recluse that studied in the wilderness and found me when I was very young he left to the 6th tier  of the forest when I was five and I haven't seen him sense. 

These where obviously lies he made up off the top of his head and pieced together with the given information he had stored in his head but  he was honestly surprised at how well he came up with these lies. 

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that,  i dont know if you want to go back and find your teacher but if not. I have and offer i was watching your fight, before i had my disciple step in when your life was in danger. although not a  well-defined technique you seem to still have an ok one, and your dao control is amazing for someone in the mortal realm. I would like to help, offer you guidance, and resources  that people literally and activly kill for.

Mau finaly spoke up and said... It's fine, my  teacher said if he wasn't back in a month to assume, he was dead and continue to get stronger on my own. 

Mau purposely didn't answer  his last  question because he wasn't to sure of how much this man was saying was true but was at least grateful that he had intervene when he did because he would  be dead right now If he had not, Leonard cought on to this and let it go and instead asked a few other question he had based on nothing  but pure curiosity.

Oh ok, can i ask what cultivation  was your teacher , and what made him make his way towards the 6th teir of the forest. 

Honestly i don't  know  but i can guess, i have a feeling it was because he  belived he would be able to breakthrough to the earth-shatering realm there,   he had been at the spirit-realm for a while and was coming  to the end of his  lifespan.

Leonard had guessed  this already, and wasn't surprised by this answer. Reclusive cultivators where known 

to be irresponsible and impulsive. They relied heavily on lucky encounters to progress in their cultivation, 

and usually had a shorter life span than the other cultivators because of their primitive way of cultivating.

He was more surprised that this child was able to guess this and be so level headed about it, not to much though, he assumed it was a defense mechanism from being in such dangerous situations with such a incompetent teacher.

Well, I'm sorry for your loss. You don't have to answer me Now you're allowed to stay here until you have one, If you chose not to be my disciple, the Black Sword clan would still be happy to have you, you'd have to take a entry exam though, which will take place in five years or so , now unfortunately i have to be on my way will talk more later i have things to attend to. My disciple Ivan doesn't mind keeping you company though does he.

With that the wolf boy slowly approached from the side of the door while scratching his head 

"Yes teacher."

said the boy in a stern and obedient voice.

Very well please do get acquainted, soon you to may be training and working together.

 Leonard said this as if he new Mau would choose to be his disciple. After that leonard left  the two boys alone in silence. before Ivan decided to break it.

I'm sorry for treating you like a girl i didn't know, my apologies. 

Ivan apologized in the same cold emotionless tone as before. Mau stared at him and blinked a little, he was tired  of people apologizing, and bringing up this topic he was honestly getting  annoyed but didn't show it on his face, honestly his face showed more confusion then annoyance.

 i don't really mind, call me what you want it dosn't effect me. when Mau said this some of his frustration could be heard in is reply.

 They then  sat there in silence for a while. the reason why differed for the two. Ivan being confused and wondering what he did to upset the now visibley annoyed  Mau sitting  on the stretcher in front of him.

while Mau was now not bothering  to hide his annoyance after his reply. Subconsciously wondering  if this would  be a common occurrence for him, making him more frustrated .

Quin then decided to interject in this odd looking situation, after she had been  reading over some paper work while leonard was talking to Mau, she still had been listing in just a little bit as she did so, but must have missed something because she didn't know what Ivan could have said to make Mau look such a way. 

Some one please  help me understand the recent situation because I'm a little lost what did ivan do to you mau i promise big sister will protect you from the mean little wolf.

Mau then thought  to himself that being upset over somthing so useless  wasn't going to get him any where and the wolf boy did save his life, so he decided  to change up his mood and put a big smile on his face for both his saviours and  said  

 No big sister I'm  fine thank you so much for healing me and fixing up my arm, and thank you for saving my life brother ivan.

Quin was weak to this response and comensed to grabbing him in a bear hug smothering him in her embrace, while Ivan had turned from Mau direction for a quick second, as his check glew a vibrant shade of pink. before interrupting the moment, out of pittty for the little cat boy.

Um sorry to interrupt but is it ok if Mau is discharged today teacher wanted me to escort him to where he'd be staying once he'd  awoken.

As much as Quin didn't want to she let Mau go, sense he was fine and had made an impressive  full recovery  quite  quickly in only a week, she had no choice so she decided to examine him as he was currently  sense he was now conscious and when nothing could be seen wrong with him, she let  Mau and Ivan leave after Quin got one last hug in, smothering Mau it her breast yet again, before letting him go so he could  find out where he'd be staying during his time there.

30 min later....

The two boys had been walking around for a while, around the  beautiful clan's interior, which had accents of gold and marvel white that gave it the feeling of nobleness, making it look as if only the most powerful  and noblest of people  should live in it. 

Obviously, this wasn't  how Mau felt, as he didn't  know much about  nobility, but he did think all the shiny colors were pretty and was kinda intimidating. But he mostly was wondering when this long walk would finally come to end.  mau decided to finally speak up and asked.

How far are we my legs hurt. 

Um honestly i was originally going to take you to live with teachers sister, but after finding out your a boy she doesn't  want you anywhere near her disciples, so where making a detour. To me and masteres residents  so we will be catching  a ride on a hover car.

Oh. When did you learn all of this, did you know all of this the whole time and you  just like walking around aimlessly for fun. mau was slowly geting frustrated again.

No of course not i had recently received this information on are way to lady Sarin  space in the clan and learned this through the spaces where teacher informed me of this, i was going to inform you  but I didn't want to irritate you again.

Mau wanted  to ask why'd he thought, walking around aimlessly without  any idea of whats going on  wouldn't irritate him, and giving him said information would, it didn't make sense but he didn't want to be mean to one of his saviors, so he asked about the space sense the shiny man didn't have any information on this.

That's  fine would you mind telling me  about the spaces thing.

Oh yeah you where a recluse so you probably wouldn't know these thing. it's a little contact, it's actually fairly new, so your not the only one. it's  just a smart eye contact we infuse with Qi in order to conect it with all are senses. it works as a form of communication along with many other things  but you'll learn more about it when you receive one.

This was honestly a terrible explanation, and if Mau was actually a recluse, he would be very confused. 

Mau wasn't  really trying to dissect the explanation he was receiving though, because The question was just a way to distract himself from his irritation. It worked slightly, and Mau engaged in small talk with Ivan to be friendly, even though the conversation was very dull due to Ivan's personality. 

But they had fortunately made it closer to the front of the clan and made their exit from the bright and elegant building and into a wheel-less car, like a black sapphire metallic vehicle with a round half-sphere roof and clear energy that warped and flowed like water bursting out of the bottom of it, allowing it to hover off the ground. Observing the vehicle in awe for a little while, Ivan and Mau made their way into the hover car and were on their way to Leonard's estate.

This chapter took me a little longer for multiple reasons but if you see anymore are like everything comment please 😍😍😍😍

3