7: Leonards esate
35 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

5 minutes after Alban's announcement, they soon pulled into the large, beautiful, abstractly-structured mansion. Mau was mesmerized. The colors of the mansion weren't interesting to Mau because he was more attracted to colorful and shiny colors, and the mansion's color palette was more warm with nice shades of browns and some white here and there. They had taken a while to get here, so it was a little dark, so the light illuminated from the windows, added  to the warm aesthetic with the yellowish lights shining from the windows. But what mostly caught Mau's eyes were the fun shapes the mansion was made up of - various squares and rectangles. It was very cool in Mau's words.

"Wow that's a really pretty home." said mau.

"Yeah my teacher has really amazing tase in estate. "

Ivan said this as he usually spoke, but you could see the pride on his face. He really thought highly of his teacher and would also make time to praise him as much as possible. Mau noticed the smug look on Ivan's face and smiled a little. He almost looked like a little dog that was proud of its owner. Mau thought this was really cute. Ivan noticed the smile and felt a little embarrassed. He didn't know why, but he had a feeling that the smile that Mau had on his face came from him thinking something embarrassing about him. 

"You ok big brother brothers Ivan, you know  you should really take that potion when were in mr Leonards home."

This just made Ivan's cheeks become even brighter. The fact that Mau noticed his face turning pink made him even more embarrassed. But lucky for him, the doors had opened and as soon as this happened, he rushed out of the door as soon as possible. He almost forgot to escort Mau to the estate and headed straight for it before he came to his senses. Once he did, Ivan walked around and helped Mau out of the hover car. 

"Thank you big brother Ivan, but you didn't have to help me get out, I'm capable of getting out myself."

"I know but your my guess and I would feel so much shame if I was a bad host to you." Ivan said the with passion and sincerity.

Ivan said this while still holding Mau's hand after helping him out of the hover car, and this made Mau's face feel a little warm. This was a weird feeling for Mau - he had never felt this way before - and as weird as it felt, he kinda liked it. But as soon as Ivan noticed this, his cheeks became even redder than Mau's, and he quickly moved his hands away and immediately apologized. 

"I'm so sorry. That was impolite of me. Please forgive me. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I forgot to release my hand once I helped you out of the hover car. It will never happen again. I'll let you know that this will never affect my effectiveness as a host, and I will still do my best to give you the best experience at the estate." 

Ivan's emotions were surprisingly very visible when he said this. Mau actually liked that he could read how Ivan felt in this moment because most of the time with Ivan, Mau would struggle to understand him all that much. Mau was about to say something to Ivan to calm him down, but Alban came on the side of him and firmly placed his hand on Ivan's back in an attempt to snap him out of whatever he was going through, which actually kind of worked. He then said,

"I'll be watching over the two of you until the boss gets back tomorrow, but don't worry. It will be like I'm not even here. I may be a subordinate, but I'm a hell of a good assassin as well."

After Alban said this, he winked. Mau thought Alban's voice was very deep and soothing. He wondered if he'll have a voice like that one day, but this thought was short-lived because once Ivan got himself together, he made his way to the estate with Mau walking beside him. The walk from the lot to the front of the building was another 5 minutes, so Mau and Ivan made some short conversation while Mr Alban was nowhere to be found.

"Wow I guess he wasn't kidding when he said we wouldn't notice him it's like he disappeard." said mau.

"Yeah his amazing that not even the half of what  he can do." Ivan said this in a serious tone letting it be known, that he was no where near joking.

"Wow if mr Leonard has a subordinate that strong who knows   strong mr Leonard is I can wait to talk to him again." mau said excitedly.

"Yeah, in the few year's I've know him, I've never seen him go all out, so I kinda wonder the same as well."

They soon came to the stairs that lead to the front door, and as they walked up it, Mau was seething with anticipation as Ivan tried to pull himself together. He remembered where his teacher told him  Mau would be sleeping until Leonard got back the next day. Even though Leonard said Mau could answer when he was ready, he expected an answer from him today, which is why he allowed him to come to his estate to begin with, besides the fact that his sister wasn't willing to house him in hers.

Once they were on the front porch, Ivan quickly stepped in front of Mau. A medium-sized compartment on the floor opened as a 3-foot white robot with one big lens of and eye floated out of it and scanned him.

[Ivan azar]

[authorized resident accesses approved]

The white robot then went back in the compartment it flew out of, and immediately closed as the front door to the estate slide open.

"Sorry for jumping in front of you. That robot is authorized to kill any unknown intruders. It wouldn't have killed you right away, but I didn't want to take any chances," said Ivan.

 "Oh, that's cool. How would it have killed me? I didn't see any visible weapons," inquired Mau. 

"That big eye it had would have instantly shot a blue ray at you and incinerated you. It's strong enough to at least harm an Earth-Shattering Realm cultivator, so I would hate to see how it could harm a Mortal Realm cultivator." 

"Oh wow cool ."

Ivan was surprised at Mau's response, but believe it or not, despite Mau's response, he was still terrified. But he honestly did think the robot was cool, which is why he said it. 

But if he could, he would like to not be incinerated. That sounded quite painful.

 After that experience, they had entered the estate, and God, was it beautiful! It was decorated well, with a lot of plant decor, making the inside pretty colorful. The main color palette was similar to the one outside, but the plants complemented it well.

It was dark outside, so Mau could barely notice, but it was a beautiful garden of flowers out there of various other planets — some that seemed like they were alive as well, but Mau just thought that to be a trick of the light. 

"The inside mostly had various plants that were shades of green, but there were unique colored plants placed here and there to add pops of color, and it worked well. There were also two or three similar robots to the one he encountered outside, cleaning and tidying up, but they were wearing cute little pink aprons,and They actually had two eyes.

"Will those try and incinerate me too." mau said little concerned.

"No, they're not combat-type bots; they're actually household types capable of doing multiple different household chores. Actually, this is due to..." 

Ivan went on a long rant, discussing exactly how they were capable of functioning the way they did. This kinda confused Mau, but he tried his best not to show it because he slowly started to see Ivan becoming a little more relaxed and expressive, which made him feel he was getting more comfortable around him, and that made Mau happy. 

"Ivan slowly started to move off the topic of the household cleaning bots when he realized he had been doing so for at least 10 minutes. He hadn't even started doing the things he had planned before taking Mau to where he would be sleeping." 

 

"I'm sorry, I got carried away. You probably don't want to hear about that boring stuff anyways," Ivan said as dull as he usually spoke. But, you could hear a hint of melancholy in his voice when he spoke. Mau caught on to this, and even though the things Ivan was talking about hurt his head, he didn't want Ivan to go back to the way he was before, just when he felt like he was slowly beginning to understand him.

"No, I don't mind. I don't really understand what you're talking about, but it seems to make you happy, so I don't mind. Maybe I'll start to understand it more if you keep talking to me about it every once in a while, and I could start engaging in the conversation with you better." 

 "When Ivan heard this, it warmed his heart up and made him look forward to sharing a teacher with Mau. He never really had anyone to talk to like this before, so he was happy that he could finally have someone like that to maybe share interests and hobbies with, and maybe a warm person to embrace in a hug whenever he felt down. When Ivan thought this, his cheeks turned pink again, but he wasn't the only one." 

"Why would I say something like that in that way? He probably looks at me like a little kid now," thought Mau, but honestly, he was a little kid. Both of them were, so being embraced because of this was honestly strange, but that didn't stop Mau from thinking this way. Ivan noticed and was suprised.

Was he thinking the same thing I was just now? That thought kinda made Ivan happy, but unfortunately, Mau wasn't. But Ivan didn't need to know that, and he wouldn't because he definitely wasn't going to ask

"Um, um, so I'm sure you haven't eaten yet. Let's have some dinner; the cooks always have food prepared at this time, and it's always so much. We usually don't eat it all. Well, teacher doesn't really need to eat since he's a Heavenly Realm cultivator, but for his own enjoyment and to keep me company, he usually does whenever he's here," said Ivan.

"Of course I'm startving i haven't ate sense I was in nurse Quin's office" i hope it's somthing good."

"Off course teacher woud never have anthing but the best hear to feed him, me, and any guess that comes here."

"Ok well what are we doing, well, let go. said Mau.

They then made it to the dining room and had an amazing dinner consistent of meat soups, big slabs of cooked meat, nice light drink to wash down their food, some really big fish, different types of pastas, sweet and delicious desserts. It was perfect, and to Ivan's surprise, Mau enjoyed everything not just what he was given to eat but also what Ivan couldn't. He cleared the whole table; there was nothing in sight

"Wow, you sure do eat a lot! Beastkins are known to have big appetites, but I've never seen one as big as yours," said Ivan, as if he was in awe of Mau.

"Yeah i guess so, i didn't now it was uncommon to eat this much, hmmm."

Ivan wanted to ask if his ex-teacher ate as much as he did since Mau seemed to think it was normal to eat like this, but he didn't want to pry. He didn't know how sensitive of a topic it was for Mau

"Well, I would love to give you a tour of the estate, but unfortunately, it's pretty late, and I need to get some sleep since I have to train early in the morning. We will pick up tomorrow. I'll show you where you'll be sleeping." 

They then got up and made their way towards some stairs. These stairs had golden patterns in the shape of vines that led all the way up the banister, which was dark brown and woody. Along with the stairs themselves, there were little golden leaves here and there, leading up the stairs. It was really pretty.

Once they made it up the stairs, a similar scenery could be seen as the one down stairs, but with more of a tropical colorful feel to it. Mau was following Ivan closely, not really saying much, because he himself was feeling a little sleepy. So he was looking forward to what it would be like to sleep on a bed, especially in this estate. They must feel way better than the hard floor of the cave he was forced to sleep in

"Here we are," said Ivan as he opened the door to show a lightly decorated room with multiple types of knickknacks and posters with various numbers and equations on them, including a big, half-assimilated robot similar to the ones outside and in the house. Mau wondered if all the rooms were decorated like this because it was so different from the rest of the decor in the estate before Ivan said..." 

"This is my room. There are two beds, so you can sleep in the one over there. I usually have a lot of robot parts on it, but in order for it to be cleaned, Sir Leonard informed me that you would be sleeping in my room for some reason. Not that I mind or anything, it's just that there are plenty of rooms here for you to sleep in on the estate, and I'm sure Alban is somewhere watching, so it's not like we need to keep an eye on you. Not that I believe anyone has to. Huh, I'm sorry. I'm ranting. I don't know why I've been acting like this today. I must have made such a bad impression. I wouldn't blame you if you didn't feel comfortable sharing a room with me. I can just find you a different room if that makes you feel better."

Mau stared at Ivan confused, why would he think I would be uncomfortable with him. Thought mau.

"Did I say I was uncomfortable with you." Said Mau.

"No but..."

Then don't say that anymore, i don't care about sharing a room with you, I use to literally sleep in a cave this beats that, so stop thinking so much  and lets go to sleep Ivan.

"Oh ok ."

Ivan didn't know why, but what mau said made him feel a huge wave of relief, And now he felt really good.

"Um so you can wear some  of my clothes, after we shower if you like, the room has a bath and shower in it  so I'm sure wearing  some of my night clothes is fine." Said ivan.

"Okay, are we showering together? Because I don't mind that either. Me and my teacher used to shower together." This was a lie, but Mau thought Ivan was implying that they were about to shower together. So, he wanted Ivan to think this was something he normally did, so that Ivan wouldn't think he was uncomfortable. He was also aware that boys their age usually showered together in this world, and it wasn't really a problem. 

Ivan's face was now so red, and he quickly turned around and said,

"No t..thats fine, i think it would be best if we shower separately, I'm actually going to go in first i'll contact  the house hold cleaning bots to get you out some clothes, while I'm in the shower."

He then quickly got his clothes and rushed in the shower.

"Wow did he ever take that potion, because i think his fevers getting worse." Mau thouoght oblivious to why his cheeks  truly kept turning red.

1